Why is BlackBerry's quality look so mediocre when compared to iPhone?

Is this Hardware or Software, will it improve in the near future?

This was one of the reasons why I considered switching since I'm having problems finding the perfect 9700. But I hate the touch so I'll keep trying...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bembol; 12-23-09 at 10:56 PM.
    12-23-09 10:53 PM
    I think its because the iphone loads the youtube videos as mp4s where as the bb loads the videos with a mobile format (3gpp or something like that) dropping the quality. If RIM creates a youtube app that loads videos with the mp4 format video quality would be improved.

12-23-09 11:42 PM
    See I wasn't all that impressed with my friends iphone. I was expecting hd quality based on what i heard on this site, but it still was pixalated and choppy just like my storm2.
    12-24-09 12:28 AM
    See I wasn't all that impressed with my friends iphone. I was expecting hd quality based on what i heard on this site, but it still was pixalated and choppy just like my storm2.
    Maybe you watched a bad quality video? I remember that YouTube videos looked excellent back when I had an iPhone. It's not HD, but its still good. Much better than any BlackBerry when it comes to watching a YouTube video.
    12-24-09 12:35 AM
    Did you watch the same youtube video with the iphone and your storm?

12-24-09 01:55 AM
    To be honest, youtube on bb is not mediocre, it is pooor!
    I find it very disappointing to see the quality of the videos, to be serious, the quality is almost unacceptable: video and sound are so poor that i dont want to watch youtube

12-24-09 02:09 AM
    I think its because the iphone loads the youtube videos as mp4s where as the bb loads the videos with a mobile format (3gpp or something like that) dropping the quality. If RIM creates a youtube app that loads videos with the mp4 format video quality would be improved.

Totally agree on that i hate the video quality viewing it on the bb
    12-24-09 02:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD