Saw this article on Yahoo today and really gave me a good laugh.

Typos are an annoying, inevitable part of life. Thatís probably why Apple made this quick shortcut (highlighted by Slateís Future Tense blog) to undo text youíve typed on your iPhone. Itís really quick, and best of all it involves movement.

If you make a typo, or if you select, copy or paste text you didnít want to, just shake your phone up and down ever so slightly (as demonstrated below):

In case you didnít catch that, you should get a message that looks like this (below). Tap the Undo button. The text you typed will disappear, or the text you copy/pasted will be unselected/unpasted.

Serious kudos to Slateís Future Tense for reminding us that this neat little trick exists.
    Maybe i just take for granted the ease of swiping my thumb left to delete that typo instead of shaking the phone like a mad man.

Source: Yahoo
    01-30-14 06:34 AM
    If that is true.....that is hilarious! don't drop the phone while shaking.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 07:31 AM
    Maybe i just take for granted the ease of swiping my thumb left to delete that typo instead of shaking the phone like a mad man.
    It seems that you have absolutely no clue about the usefulness of this feature.

It's a global undo:
    - undo text (recover deleted text, eg when you pasted something and replaces text by mistake)
    - undo delete email
    - undo moved email
    - etc

A feature that I miss on my z10.

Hilarious bad damn handy.
    04-22-14 06:03 AM
    I am visualizing a business meeting where a bunch of people are shaking their iPhones, while note taking.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    04-22-14 07:18 AM
    It seems that you have absolutely no clue about the usefulness of this feature.

It's a global undo:
    - undo text (recover deleted text, eg when you pasted something and replaces text by mistake)
    - undo delete email
    - undo moved email
    - etc

A feature that I miss on my z10.

Hilarious bad damn handy.
    The feature is useful but the means to the end is completely idiotic.
    Shaking your phone?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 07:35 AM
    The feature is useful but the means to the end is completely idiotic.
    Shaking your phone?

Posted via CB10
    in b4 the rabid android fanboys come in screaming "how dare you to mock the genius of Google, they make it so that when you are enraged when something has gone bad, you shake it, like an engineer!"

inb4.. the rabid fanboys come in screaming..

inb4...
    04-22-14 07:44 AM
    I am visualizing a business meeting where a bunch of people are shaking their iPhones, while note taking
    I am remembering when Apple introduced multitasking and the new pinch gesture for zooming. Fans of other platforms (especially WinMo) reactions were that the pinch gesture is gay and has no real usage. Now all platforms have the pinch gesture.

Now, regarding shake to undo, how many times you're using the phone on a conference and private, alone?
    Anyway, the idea behind this is great: a global undo. Wish BB implements this via gestures.
    Better triggering with an embarrassing movement than nothing at all.
    04-22-14 08:08 AM
    Anyway, the idea behind this is great: a global undo. Wish BB implements this via gestures.
    This.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 08:30 AM
    I always suspected the iPhone was actually designed by Ohio Art.
    Bbhaaahaahaa

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 09:00 AM
    The all new Etch A Sketch feature for iPhone! Made my day!

PROUD to be the 1%! Z10 on T-Mobile USA - Posted via CrackBerry 10
    04-22-14 10:08 AM
    I'm all for an undo but does it have to make look like an ijjit shaking your phone around?
    04-22-14 10:28 AM
    I'm all for an undo but does it have to make look like an ijjit shaking your phone around?
    it's one quick shake of the wrist. Not that obvious. I've used it to get rid of a long text/email that in retrospect I decided not to send.

Interestingly, my Jawbone also uses shakes to trigger events. Now that I think is weird, since it takes time to get into the ear after and hear the announcements.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-22-14 10:34 AM