hi,
    1st off i am new. i am getting my storm in about week, already ordered it. i heard somewhere, Boy genius i think that there might be an app coming that allows you to zoom in (using 2 fingers) and scroll like the iphone. is this true? does something like already exist? cuz that would be awesome. it would make the storm unbeatable as a competitor with the iphone

thanks.

ps i have performed searches in the forum and online. i know its a newbie thing not to search.
    12-09-08 10:53 PM
    The Storm does not have a multi-touch screen. I believe you tap on the area you want to zoom in/out on.
    12-10-08 01:04 AM
    The Storm does not have a multi-touch screen. I believe you tap on the area you want to zoom in/out on.
    the storm does to have a multitouch screen..

if it didn't the way you highlight something wouldnt work...

its just the functions aren't implimented to use it.

no multitouch means that it wont recognize more then one touch at the same time which the storm does in deed do.

so could a app make it happen it could be possible

"Multi-touch consists of a touch screen (screen, table, wall, etc.) or touchpad, as well as software that recognizes multiple simultaneous touch points, as opposed to the standard touchscreen (e.g. computer touchpad, ATM), which recognizes only one touch point."

To further clarify.. The screen itself on the storm is almost identical to the iPhone in how it works.. However rim designed the os to accept the main button as a click to activate things.

To prove that it DOESNT have to have the click just download opera mini... it does not accept the click as activation you simply touch a link and it go's

so its not a hardware limitation its about the software which can in turn be fully multi touch
    Last edited by noaim; 12-10-08 at 01:41 AM.
    12-10-08 01:35 AM
    Does anybody know of an app like this or is in the works? is it possible to request an app somewhere? i know of the app bphone which makes ur BB look like an iphone. but that is not out for the storm .
    12-10-08 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD