While the quality of the study is in question, it genuinely would not surprise me that iPhone users are most intelligent. The order in the survey is exactly I would predict it.

Academics, students, and professionals overwhelmingly prefer iPhone. The Nexus crowd naturally follows due to its large tech savvy/hacker following. Most Blackberry users IRL (outside of this forum) generally do not care for technology. A lot of them are older folk.

Accept loss with grace. Nobody likes a sore loser.
    Blatant flaw.

If what you say is correct, then:

It's not that iPhone users are smart, but smart people use iPhone.

Therefore, owning an iPhone does not make you smart.

And that means, the research is not only questionable, calling it research insults the very people you claim to be using iPhone!

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    01-03-14 10:11 PM
    Taken in a literal sense, BlackBerry users are the smartest as they are, on the whole, better dressed than the justin Bieber hipster iPhone crowd.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    01-04-14 04:40 AM
    Taken in a literal sense, BlackBerry users are the smartest as they are, on the whole, better dressed than the justin Bieber hipster iPhone crowd.

Ah yes. All of us adult men iPhone users really dig the Bieber.
    TGR1 and mikeo007 like this.
    01-04-14 10:10 AM
    Ah yes. All of us adult men iPhone users really dig the Bieber.
    That was very Brave of you to Admit.

Posted via CB10
    TGR1 likes this.
    01-04-14 11:40 AM
    As soon as saw the source being the daily mail, I just laughed.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 12:36 PM
    Only The Daily Fail could make such a dumb, sweeping generalization.
    01-04-14 12:39 PM
    This research project, while interesting, is only representative of the small, VERY small sample size that took the test. It is not a generalization of the entire smartphone user populace. For users to say that "iPhone users are smarter, BB user's aren't"/"BB users are stupid," etc. is not only an enormous generalization but also, if I may be bold, quite rude. I have a degree and can speak two languages, but I use a BlackBerry... But, last time I checked, the phone I use does not represent my IQ or my intellectual position in life.

The type/brand/logo phone you use does not represent your intelligence. (And yes, I would be saying this even if I owned an iPhone/HTC/Samsung, etc.). Being a social sciences grad, I've learned that studies are to be taken with a grain of salt. One can't and shouldn't say that "since X is true for this sample, then it must be true for everyone." One cannot assume that. There are dozens, hundreds, or maybe thousands of other variables that aren't taken into account when any research study is undertaken. When you write a research report, you have to specifically and blatantly write, "While these results are conclusive for this sample, they only represent the sample in question."

So please, just because HTC wasn't up at the top, don't brand those users as not being smart, or quick-witted, or whatever. Same with BlackBerry users and Samsung. You know, there are so many different ways of defining and measuring "intelligence" (and any kind of subjective trait/topic, like intelligence, music, relationships, love, interactions, etc. are EXTREMELY difficult to measure or define): you could define it by test scores, ability to solve puzzles, how they manage conflicts, how they work with others, how they speak/communicate, how they conduct projects or activities... So really, this research project that measures "the intelligence/quick wit of smartphone users per platform" has to be taken with a grain of salt. It can't just measure 1000 (or however many users) in one area and BAM! people think it's true for everyone. That's not how research works.
    01-04-14 01:54 PM
    This research project, while interesting, is only representative of the small, VERY small sample size that took the test. It is not a generalization of the entire smartphone user populace. For users to say that "iPhone users are smarter, BB user's aren't"/"BB users are stupid," etc. is not only an enormous generalization but also, if I may be bold, quite rude. I have a degree and can speak two languages, but I use a BlackBerry... But, last time I checked, the phone I use does not represent my IQ or my intellectual position in life.

The type/brand/logo phone you use does not represent your intelligence. (And yes, I would be saying this even if I owned an iPhone/HTC/Samsung, etc.). Being a social sciences grad, I've learned that studies are to be taken with a grain of salt. One can't and shouldn't say that "since X is true for this sample, then it must be true for everyone." One cannot assume that. There are dozens, hundreds, or maybe thousands of other variables that aren't taken into account when any research study is undertaken. When you write a research report, you have to specifically and blatantly write, "While these results are conclusive for this sample, they only represent the sample in question."

So please, just because HTC wasn't up at the top, don't brand those users as not being smart, or quick-witted, or whatever. Same with BlackBerry users and Samsung. You know, there are so many different ways of defining and measuring "intelligence" (and any kind of subjective trait/topic, like intelligence, music, relationships, love, interactions, etc. are EXTREMELY difficult to measure or define): you could define it by test scores, ability to solve puzzles, how they manage conflicts, how they work with others, how they speak/communicate, how they conduct projects or activities... So really, this research project that measures "the intelligence/quick wit of smartphone users per platform" has to be taken with a grain of salt. It can't just measure 1000 (or however many users) in one area and BAM! people think it's true for everyone. That's not how research works.
    The problem with this project is it doesn't detect what device you are using.... people will screw with the system and give a opposing OS a terrible score. haha... the whole thing is pseudoscience.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-04-14 02:36 PM
    The problem with this project is it doesn't detect what device you are using.... people will screw with the system and give a opposing OS a terrible score. haha... the whole thing is pseudoscience.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Very true. I'd like to know which esteemed researchers came up with it... .

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 02:49 PM
    RIP for my cleverness so..
    I was one of the smartest for 6 years aand then I discovered BlackBerry 10 and switched for a Q10.
    I may be less intelligent but I really love my Q10 better than my successive iphones.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 04:02 PM
    The extremes to which some people go. This is comical.

Posted via my Z10: 10.2.1.1925
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    01-04-14 04:12 PM
    The extremes to which some people go. This is comical.

Posted via my Z10: 10.2.1.1925
    'comical' excellent pun at my username sir (or madam)

01-05-14 01:45 AM
    It sounds like bunk. I haven't even read it, but undoubtedly it is not scientifically rigorous or tenable. Really silly.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    01-05-14 01:59 AM
    Even the article states the survey was for fun and has no scientific merit...

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 02:24 AM
    East england cant say to much yano haha well if you say you have a blackberry people look at you weird eww you have a blackberry get a iphone no thanks it gets slow after a year when ios update and make all the animations slow I dont want a blue iphone thankyou I dont like toys

C002C4374 HD wallpapers
    01-05-14 03:44 PM
    Donnation totally agree

C002C4374 HD wallpapers
    01-05-14 03:55 PM
    I wonder if age played a factor in the decision not to let Justin fill that position

Posted by BBM#42 via Z10 (10.2.1.537) Do not fear the leaks
    01-05-14 04:06 PM
    Silly article. Lol.

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    01-06-14 03:08 PM
    Thread has been significantly cleaned. Stop the bickering back and forth please.

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    Superfly_FR and james pisano like this.
    01-09-14 07:23 AM
119 ... 345