They don't need more than one type of phone. Its just one or 2. Thats it.
    Nobody calls you and try to sell an iphone. It sells itself.

Why in the hell do we have to create zillions of phone models and types?

Douglas
    Blackberry Z10 forever!

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what I've been saying. Design 3 or 4 phones and just keep improving them. Creates customer loyalty to the device itself. Also saves BlackBerry from having to out do itself every few months.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 12:02 AM
    Exactly what I've been saying. Design 3 or 4 phones and just keep improving them. Creates customer loyalty to the device itself. Also saves BlackBerry from having to out do itself every few months.

Posted via CB10
    I agree... consolidate the offerings, and strengthen the branding. I think a reduced portfolio would be helpful with identification and retention.
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-27-14 12:19 AM
    You bought the iphone 5s and yet your blaming the iphone 5s?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I know I should blame myself for falling for "Iphone 5s is the best" I lasted 4-5 days before I went out and bought the z-30. Now the iphone 5s I have I use as a ipod and a couple things in my house and car that are compatible with apps like my pioneer DVD deck, washer/dryer & sirius radio...
    02-27-14 11:09 PM
    Apple uses people's ignorance about security, and NSA spying..A powerful corporation controlling the media, carriers, and US gov and other , pure and simple...
    Weren't British intelligence stealing pictures from webcams? Why this fascinating with NSA. Every government spies. If you don't know the specifics then good for you.

Every platform strives to be secure. No company sets out to exploit people's ignorance about this since they can be held liable for breach incidents.

Do people even give half a thought to the stuff they post in these forums.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    CrackedBarry and CDM76 like this.
    02-28-14 02:22 AM
    Yeah I know I should blame myself for falling for "Iphone 5s is the best" I lasted 4-5 days before I went out and bought the z-30. Now the iphone 5s I have I use as a ipod and a couple things in my house and car that are compatible with apps like my pioneer DVD deck, washer/dryer & sirius radio...
    Pretty sure I just had one and downloaded a ton of apps over lte. Facebook is 60 mb and I installed it np over lte, for example. Have you ever really used an iphone?

The iPhone us not trash. It just has a different, more mainstream set of priorities.

Also, Z30 launched with old hardware and a low screen resolution, which is trashy for many people. Again. Different priorities.

5S was never expected to be a redesign, anyways. Just a spec refresh which they accomplished well.

02-28-14 02:28 AM
    Pretty sure I just had one and downloaded a ton of apps over lte. Facebook is 60 mb and I installed it np over lte, for example. Have you ever really used an iphone?

The iPhone us not trash. It just has a different, more mainstream set of priorities.

Also, Z30 launched with old hardware and a low screen resolution, which is trashy for many people. Again. Different priorities.

5S was never expected to be a redesign, anyways. Just a spec refresh which they accomplished well.

So your using android coming to blackberry forum and praising iphone while in office using your windows 8? )

Posted via CB10
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    02-28-14 04:04 AM
    Exactly! Iphone invest in marketing.
    Why do you think that BlackBerry will never be #1 again?

Douglas
    Blackberry Z10 forever

Posted via CB10
    This isn't sheer marketing investment BlackBerry could replicate.

Apple has created a brand value and reputation ever since 1984 and delivered high class, well reputated and percepted products and services for years. This isn't anything you could replicate with even $20B in ads.

* disclaimer: I'm a product and brand manager myself and study business and marketing.
    ksantor likes this.
    02-28-14 04:50 AM
    Because of the client base who still prefers the physical keyboard, it's difficult to have just one solid product line such as the iPhone.

I think they should stick to three products:

A physical keyboard model (Q20) to satisfy the purist.

A low end touchscreen (Z3) for the low end emerging markets.

A NEW replacement for the z10 with the latest specs to draw new customers into the Blackberry world.

They have already announced the first two, now we need the third model and market the crap of it.

It would also be in Blackberry's best interest to come up with a agreement to allow Android apps into the Blackberry World to allow installing them without downloading an App Store or side loading the Snap app.

This is just my perspective based on what I have seen here in the USA where the brand is all but dead and buried.

Blackberry needs to rebuild their image here first with the consumer and carriers which has been badly damaged from the previous regime.

Folks here are not going to abandon their current platform for Blackberry unless they know the long term support and customer service is going to be there, that's just the way it is here wether you choose to accept it or not.

Sent from using CB Forum App
    02-28-14 05:42 AM
    I have a iPhone 5s and it's a piece of trash....

-No expandable memory
    -No HDMI out
    -No video out(can't find settings)
    -No bluetooth file transfer
    -No flash player
    -Can't add songs as ringtones
    -Only Download 20mb at a time unless connected to wi-fi
    -Tiny screen & touch pad
    -Basic boring os

this list can go on for miles....
    Why you get it?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 05:49 AM
    I agree completely. Samsung do it with their galaxy range too although they also provide other handsets., its their flagship.

BlackBerry need to choose a flagship ( I suggest the z30)

Stick with that one dam device. Improve that device year upon year instead of creating a million new devices, market the hell out of.it, and people might start noticing!

They can even create a mini version of the z30 for people who don't want the bigger form factor.

This isn't going to happen though. Never mind

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-28-14 06:12 AM
    1. The phone works well and it's integration with iTunes and the App Store are second to none. BB has app world which is.......

2. The sell more than just phones and make a quality computer and the best tablet IMO in the market.

3. Customer service. Apple keeps people with them because their customer service is the best in the business. They make you feel that they actually care about you and getting a phone replaced couldn't be any simpler. BB's customer service is horrid and trying to speak to them about an issue with your phone is a nightmare. They suck at it and need major improvements in this department.
    amjass12 and bbq10l like this.
    02-28-14 06:22 AM
    I got rid of the iPhone for the Note, but I didn't have to think it was trash to make that decision.

That's the difference between reasonable and fanatical.

02-28-14 08:24 AM
    I got rid of the iPhone for the Note, but I didn't have to think it was trash to make that decision.

That's the difference between reasonable and fanatical.

Im using q10 but I cant give up my pc running windows 7. I love it everything sync with my outlook account
    I completely ditched google and its service ( apart from youtube)

And I might move to wp 8.1 when it comes on april
    So I agree with you

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 08:37 AM
    I'm ASSAULTED by Apple advertising everywhere I look. I have no idea what you're talking about iPhones 'selling themselves'...

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 08:37 AM
    This isn't sheer marketing investment BlackBerry could replicate.

Apple has created a brand value and reputation ever since 1984 and delivered high class, well reputated and percepted products and services for years. This isn't anything you could replicate with even $20B in ads.

* disclaimer: I'm a product and brand manager myself and study business and marketing.
    I hate to break it to you but prior to the ipod - Apple was a joke.

Posted via CB10
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    02-28-14 09:00 AM
    I agree... consolidate the offerings, and strengthen the branding. I think a reduced portfolio would be helpful with identification and retention.
    Weren't we told not long ago they were reducing the line up for those reasons and now it's gloves off. Throw anything against the wall and see if it sticks lol.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    02-28-14 09:04 AM
    Iphones used to sell themselves but their lack of variety might be their downfall in the end. It used to be most people I know were on iPhones but now they want a change and with the past 3 iPhones they are pretty much the same. Now that people are seeing Android phones as an equal alternative is exactly the right time for BlackBerry to push out their commercial phones. There's only so many times people will buy the same device before they get bored, so Apple will have to bring out something new soon.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 09:14 AM
    Iphones used to sell themselves but their lack of variety might be their downfall in the end. It used to be most people I know were on iPhones but now they want a change and with the past 3 iPhones they are pretty much the same. Now that people are seeing Android phones as an equal alternative is exactly the right time for BlackBerry to push out their commercial phones. There's only so many times people will buy the same device before they get bored, so Apple will have to bring out something new soon.

Posted via CB10
    How is an iPhone 4S the same as an iPhone 5S? The 5C is basically a polycarbonate 5 (which is why the 5 is not being sold now) so we can lump those two together.

The Z10 and Z30 are more similar than a 5/5C and 5S, to be frank.

I phones don't need variety. They are from one vendor. They are no different from Galaxy S devices in that respect. This is an excuse to deride it, not necessarily a reason for Apple or Samsung to be concerned.

02-28-14 11:00 AM
    I hate to break it to you but prior to the ipod - Apple was a joke.

Posted via CB10
    I know and I'd like to disclaim that I never owned an Apple product and actually don't like them nor Apple's approach. But seen from a professional (business/marketing) standpoint, Apple, today, is a nearly perfect brand with a nearly perfect setup of the big four Ps (product/price/place/promotion). And this is the thing about Apple: even though the company was a commercial joke prior to the iPod, they had a brand and know-how to build on, which they heavily did in every respect - thanks to Jobs, Cook, Schiller, Ive and Forstall.
    02-28-14 11:51 AM
    Exactly! Iphone invest in marketing.
    Why do you think that BlackBerry will never be #1 again?

Douglas
    Blackberry Z10 forever

Posted via CB10
    Why do you think they won't? Do you really think that Apple's strategy is going to last forever? Lol. Apple is going the way of BlackBerry OS7 - give it some time.

Markets change and Apple left the forefront a long time ago.

Right now it is running off the fumes of its fan boys, that'd the dangerous spot that put blackberry at risk a year ago.
    kfh227 likes this.
    02-28-14 12:15 PM
    Do you also think that BlackBerry can close the doors for good? Ir sells its brand for a Android or another bug company?
    Or it will end up been a IBM like!?

Posted via CB10
    It's very diversified. Do you really think that the world will look the same 10 years from now?

Anyone that thinks apple will be dominant in 20 years is a fool.

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    02-28-14 01:30 PM
    Right now it is running off the fumes of its fan boys, that'd the dangerous spot that put blackberry at risk a year ago.
    I think you've got it backwards. Apple runs off anything but the fumes of fanboys. Blackberry only has the fanboys and is trying to get more than that.
    bbq10l and mikeo007 like this.
    02-28-14 03:51 PM
    I think you've got it backwards. Apple runs off anything but the fumes of fanboys. Blackberry only has the fanboys and is trying to get more than that.
    Your welcome to think that. I disagree

Posted via CB from my LE
    02-28-14 04:51 PM
    Cuz its easy to sell things to stupid people )

Posted via CB10
    "There's a sucker born every minute..."

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 04:57 PM
    Why do you think they won't? Do you really think that Apple's strategy is going to last forever? Lol. Apple is going the way of BlackBerry OS7 - give it some time.

Markets change and Apple left the forefront a long time ago.

I think the advantage Apple (along with Google and MSFT) has is that it is more diversified, and can probably withstand market turbulence a bit better than BBRY can.
    02-28-14 05:30 PM
81 1234