This was posted on iMore, but there doesn't seem to be much buzz about it.

Security oversight in some apps could leave you vulnerable to hacking, data theft | iMore.com

I know most consumers don't really care about phone security, but being able to steal credit card info should be on the top of everyone's list. Especially on the business front. Is this particular threat something that can affect BB's? How is BB different (or is it?)
    01-11-13 11:31 AM
    Before I click on the link, I'll go ahead and say 'no'.

I'm pretty sure that on a Blackberry, all apps are "sandboxed" away from all other data on the phone. Unless you specifically give your credit card details (or other information) to an app, it can't do anything to the base phone OS on which it is installed. In fact I'd go as far as to say, you can't even give the app permission to retrieve data from the phone (but I might be wrong with this last bit)

I hope that soothes your worries

Si.
    01-11-13 11:51 AM
    Before I click on the link, I'll go ahead and say 'no'.

I'm pretty sure that on a Blackberry, all apps are "sandboxed" away from all other data on the phone. Unless you specifically give your credit card details (or other information) to an app, it can't do anything to the base phone OS on which it is installed. In fact I'd go as far as to say, you can't even give the app permission to retrieve data from the phone (but I might be wrong with this last bit)

I hope that soothes your worries

Si.
    Apps have access to whatever data you grant them access. If you allow the app to access your contacts for example, then it has full access to your contacts. This is the same on iPhone or BlackBerry.

The flaw above is related to Web traffic using SSL. It's had nothing to do with accessing local data stored on the phone, but rather intercepting data transmitted over the Internet.
    01-11-13 12:15 PM