hi guys i finally made the switch to Iphone. Im having a problem with my maps though. First i hate having to do the stupid figure 8 motion with my phone to get my location. But now i wish i can just get that. I haven't been able to get an accurate location on my google maps all day. what is going on? how do I reset my google maps? also how do i use lattitude? Im missing my blackberry right about now. thank you for any help you can provide.
    03-17-10 12:24 AM
    You can get latitude through your web browser (google.com/latitude).

Inaccurate as you're seeing the dot off the track (sometimes not in the right start location) or the directions are off?
    03-17-10 01:01 AM
    You can get latitude through your web browser (google.com/latitude).

Inaccurate as you're seeing the dot off the track (sometimes not in the right start location) or the directions are off?
    I'm sorry i don't understand your question. My locations settings are on. I'm just getting bad gps accuracy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 09:35 AM
    I suspect you are getting cell triangulation, not true GPS.

It is very unlikely (apart from military grade spoofing which you won't find) that satellite based GPS would deliver an inaccurate result even if the GPS receiver is defective. It should report "no fix" and refuse to calculate the position.
    03-17-10 09:42 AM
    I honestly have never used google maps, i have always just spent the extra 9.99 a month and grabbed the AT&T VZ Navigator that thing is amazing. Their are also so nice Tom Tom navigation apps i think in the app store as well, I've never checked though.
    03-17-10 09:46 AM
    if you are having trouble call apple. if its a problem they'll replace it but keep in mind, one vice i have about apple is that the replace a phone that you bought brand new, even if you paid full price for it, they'll replace it with a refurbished one. so if you are willing to do that than go ahead and get your phone replaced. out of all the phoens i've had the iphone has the best accuracy.
    03-17-10 11:59 PM
    if you are having trouble call apple. if its a problem they'll replace it but keep in mind, one vice i have about apple is that the replace a phone that you bought brand new, even if you paid full price for it, they'll replace it with a refurbished one. so if you are willing to do that than go ahead and get your phone replaced. out of all the phoens i've had the iphone has the best accuracy.
    i've heard it's the best as well. I just bought the phone no more than 2 weeks ago and I bought it refurbished from At&T online. I wonder if my gps is defected.
    03-18-10 10:46 AM
    You could always try the AT&T Navigator for 1 day and remove it after verifying it isn't the gps in the phone.
    03-18-10 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD