She look happy with duel peace sign clean uniform with a big old KoolAid smile.

Oh yeaaaah!

Sorry, I just had to.
    09-03-08 07:25 PM
    All I gotta say is, WOW.
    09-08-08 06:31 AM
    I travel a lot and I've been to many countries where kids are made to work for less than nothing. And it is very sad.

And smiling for a pic doesn't prove the person is happy.
    09-08-08 12:03 PM
    We have no way of knowing the age of this girl, and no way of stopping underage labor.

Unless we decide to invade countries over that now too-

In the meantime I say we worry about our own problems that we can atleast have a say in and try to fix-

Such as our failing school system, The Rise of Home Foreclosures, Social Security Etc...

Not whose making our iPhones in China.
    09-08-08 01:58 PM
    hhmmm...mine says made in Mexico....

lets keep this thread clean folks..just a reminder...

But in any event...when I pop my casing off on my BB...it says "Made in Canada"...no doubt the parts are imported though.
    09-09-08 10:17 PM
    i happend to dive into this thread and i was surprised that you guys know little
    about china but talked nonsense on and on.

i am from china, i can tell you this girl looks young but she is above 18 years
    old. actually she earns little, i guess it should be 1000rmb - 1500 rmb for monthly salary, perhaps a little more than that. stop talking and come to china to take a look and then you will see how ludicrous and absurd the medias are for descibing china as something that is different from the truth. they do this for political purpose. frankly chinese medias also do the same thing, but just keep in mind "seeing is believing", or for nowdays even seeing is not believing in some case.
    09-10-08 12:59 AM
    Uh. Perhaps jumping in to call everyone stupid wasn't the best decision you've ever made... And really, how do you know she's over eighteen? Are you friends with her? I'm not saying she's a child, but come on...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-08 01:18 AM
    Uh. Perhaps jumping in to call everyone stupid wasn't the best decision you've ever made... And really, how do you know she's over eighteen? Are you friends with her? I'm not saying she's a child, but come on...

stupid is stupid! people don't realize they are until finally they find out the truth.
    i ever lived in the city where this girl works and one of my friends got a girlfriend working in the same factory and i know well about this factory and the lives of the girls there.

please be remined that i did not call everybody stupid, OK?

i just wonder why many peole outside china have prejudice against this country. yes, there are problems with china but the truth is not what it is in your mind.

OK, whatever your opinions are, let the argument rest there
    09-10-08 01:54 AM
    It is not a prejudice about the people working to make the phones. Yes it is a prejudice against the country that steals intellectual knowledge. Produces counter fit products that don't last. Refuses to play on a economic equal field.
    Is it only China no. Is it their fault 100% no. America big business is just has much the problem with our Government.
    They turn a blind eye to what is going on. We might not own slaves in America but that don't stop us from supporting slavery in other countries.
    We Americans better take a close look at ourselves. We want it has cheap has possible no matter who it hurts. I have watched our whole manufacturing base be out sourced. I have seen the jobs lost to middle american families. They shall never to be brought back.
    We turn a blind eye to CAFTA and NAFTA and open a super highway right to our own front doors.
    Before we start talking about what people look like and how they work in other countries. We better fix our own house before we turn into a 3rd world nation working for China,India and Mexico allowing our 12yr old kids making products. We have put America in a very precarious situation and refuse to take the blinders off.

09-10-08 10:47 AM
    Does the fact that your from China automatically make you all knowing about everyones salary?

No.

From China or Wherever, I love the fact that you call us stupid but you can't even spell common words.

But don't worry-

We Rove you Rong Time here in Crackberry.Com
    09-10-08 11:03 AM
    stupid is stupid! people don't realize they are until finally they find out the truth.
    i ever lived in the city where this girl works and one of my friends got a girlfriend working in the same factory and i know well about this factory and the lives of the girls there.

please be remined that i did not call everybody stupid, OK?

i just wonder why many peole outside china have prejudice against this country. yes, there are problems with china but the truth is not what it is in your mind.

OK, whatever your opinions are, let the argument rest there
    Fine then. You're stupid.

09-10-08 11:34 AM
    This could get ugly. I can't make any statements about the photo because I know no facts.

I can say that I am absolutely against the abuse/misuse/exploitation of children (and adults for that matter).
    09-10-08 03:47 PM
    Slave labor making Blackberries?!!
    09-10-08 04:40 PM
    We should not be the pot calling the kettle black here...come on now this is NOT what Crackberry is all about. I am sure that
    kair g know's a lot more about China than any of us and I doubt the iphone girl is under 17 or 18...Now the Chinese gymnast's now thats another story best not debated here...
    09-10-08 08:39 PM
    lol cool hat

My BB is made in Canada
    Haha is this more what it should be like then

09-30-08 03:02 AM
    Chinese workers still earn peanuts in factory jobs including assembling blackberries.
    09-30-08 01:38 PM
    Does the fact that your from China automatically make you all knowing about everyones salary?

No.

From China or Wherever, I love the fact that you call us stupid but you can't even spell common words.

But don't worry-

We Rove you Rong Time here in Crackberry.Com
    I don't think going after the poster for misspellings is really the way to go. I suspect if your first language is English and you attempted to post on a Chinese message board your non-English language skills wouldn't be anywhere near perfect.....
    ... and what does Karl Rove have to do with this anyway (though I wouldn't doubt that he is supporter of worker exploitation)
    09-30-08 01:51 PM
    That's a good Picture had me LOL. Factory workers in China might make Peanuts. Then American workers make peanuts also with what the standard of living and minimum wage is.
    Now that is not all Factory workers depends what field your in. Still it is peanuts in some cases. On top of that is it done with Illegal workers.
    With the way things are going here. All of us might be working for peanuts. At least you will have something to eat. Unless your allergic to them

09-30-08 02:13 PM
    Well, at least she seems to be in good spirit.
    09-30-08 02:20 PM
    What you've gotta ask yourself WHY they took a picture on an iPhone that's going to be shipped out?
    09-30-08 04:15 PM
    What you've gotta ask yourself WHY they took a picture on an iPhone that's going to be shipped out?
    boredom
    09-30-08 04:28 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD