So I was in lab today and we were running a procedure that is pretty delicate on whether it's true/F.

To remember for the exam, I decided to take a picture alongside like 12 iPhones lol. First shot bam! Done.

Since the result is light sensitive, people with iPhones took really clean pictures but unfortunately the part that mattered was really lightened and the colors looked washed up.

Now I'm having to send a mass class email of 1 picture.

IPhone camera-img_20150204_161329.jpg

So towards the left of the picture, you can see a clear bound that's not brown. That's what we needed to capture and surprisingly the iPhone kept idk what over processing the picture. It looks fine until it's captures then it just doesn't give that natural raw contrast. Much ado about nothing alas (:

I am zee that is the 10
    hpjrt and GSM-S like this.
    02-04-15 04:47 PM
    So I was in lab today and we were running a procedure that is pretty delicate on whether it's true/F.

To remember for the exam, I decided to take a picture alongside like 12 iPhones lol. First shot bam! Done.

Since the result is light sensitive, people with iPhones took really clean pictures but unfortunately the part that mattered was really lightened and the colors looked washed up.

Now I'm having to send a mass class email of 1 picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150204_161329.jpg 
Views:	1748 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	331842

So towards the left of the picture, you can see a clear bound that's not brown. That's what we needed to capture and surprisingly the iPhone kept idk what over processing the picture. It looks fine until it's captures then it just doesn't give that natural raw contrast. Much ado about nothing alas (:

I am zee that is the 10
    The iPhone will balance the photo output based on where you focus, for example a very bright or white area vs a dark area. Can get some interesting variations.
    02-04-15 05:58 PM
    The iPhone will balance the photo output based on where you focus, for example a very bright or white area vs a dark area. Can get some interesting variations.
    So this "widely acclaimed" as the best mobile camera thingy is not true to color?

What about our BlackBerries? I find them pretty accurate.

Is this the difference between a "work phone" for corporate use (documentation, capturing of evidence, etc.) and a "consumer phone" for quick and pretty(fied) snapshots... ?

:-)

(sorry, not trying to start a tools vs toys discussion)

�   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   �
    Alvin Loh likes this.
    02-05-15 12:33 AM
    Possibly. But in a class of so many with 1 positive result, and everyone lined up to take a picture, fiddling with the camera is not appreciated. Especially when we were already running behind on time to leave haha. My first BlackBerry truly proud moment. No fancy smanshy...just point and shoot

I am zee that is the 10
    02-05-15 01:07 AM
    Nothing you see from any digital camera is "true to color" - it's been processed for viewing from the RAW data. The phone camera has a default setting that tries to do its best and it usually is good enough but of course there are times when it doesn't work.

I can't comment on the iPhone pictures since obviously I haven't seen them. I can just comment based on my fiddling with my phone and from very amateur curiosity about photography. This could also be an example of the old adage of the tool is only as good as the one using it– I know even a dSLR doesn't help my woeful photography talents in which case, congrats to the OP!
    02-05-15 07:16 AM
    BTW, did any of those iPhone users try some simple post processing on their photos? In the photo app they can do some quick edits on the photo, including auto correct that often provides surprisingly good results.
    02-05-15 07:22 AM
    You should have told them you can only send the picture through BBM and that way they'd have to download it themselves.

That way you'd have a better platform to communicate with them.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    GSM-S likes this.
    02-05-15 07:59 AM
    My Iphone takes excellent pictures of band-aids stuck to take out food containers
    02-05-15 08:38 AM
    I'm sure the iPhone camera is specifically designed to make flesh tones look good at the expense of color accuracy.
    ALToronto likes this.
    02-05-15 09:51 AM
    You should have told them you can only send the picture through BBM and that way they'd have to download it themselves.

That way you'd have a better platform to communicate with them.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Good idea he should have

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    02-05-15 10:04 AM
    I'm sure the iPhone camera is specifically designed to make flesh tones look good at the expense of color accuracy.
    I think there is some truth to that, particularly in low light situations such as one would have taking pics of friends at dinner. A lot of photos are taken indoors and lighting is definitely suboptimal at most such occasions.
    02-05-15 10:28 AM
    My Iphone takes excellent pictures of band-aids stuck to take out food containers
    It's a strip of paper. The brown color is a developing reaction. Thanks for your contribution

I am zee that is the 10
    hpjrt likes this.
    02-05-15 10:57 AM
    Nothing you see from any digital camera is "true to color" - it's been processed for viewing from the RAW data. The phone camera has a default setting that tries to do its best and it usually is good enough but of course there are times when it doesn't work.

I can't comment on the iPhone pictures since obviously I haven't seen them. I can just comment based on my fiddling with my phone and from very amateur curiosity about photography. This could also be an example of the old adage of the tool is only as good as the one using it� I know even a dSLR doesn't help my woeful photography talents in which case, congrats to the OP!
    Possibly but seeing as I swear, no one got a decent point and shoot picture, I think it's got less to do with the user. Same people have been able to use the iPhone to take pictures of things on a microscope slide before and that takes a certain level of know how haha. Like I said the picture they got was good but you couldn't see anything contrasting difference between the bleached spot and the brown spot.

I am zee that is the 10
    02-05-15 11:00 AM
    It's a strip of paper. The brown color is a developing reaction. Thanks for your contribution

I am zee that is the 10
    The reaction I was going for was ........................humour. Guess I failed.

I don't own nor would I ever own an Iphone.
    02-05-15 02:07 PM
    This is a Z10? I still don't know what you took a shot of.
    02-05-15 02:13 PM
    This is a Z10? I still don't know what you took a shot of.
    It looks like a TLC (thin layer chromatography) strip to me, although I am not familiar with light-sensitive visualizing agents that turn the active spots white rather than colored.
    02-05-15 02:40 PM
    This reminds me of this past summer when I took a picture of a temple with my Z10. The sun was behind the temple. To my surprise the outline of the temple was completely hazy. It was if there was a fog around the roof. The same scene on my neighbour's iPhone had no fog at all. The image was perfectly clear. Since I have both a z10 and an iPhone, in my view, it is easier to get a better picture on a iPhone. The Z10 is perfectly adequate but if the camera is important to you, I would be getting an iPhone or a Nokia.
    02-05-15 07:38 PM
    It looks like a TLC (thin layer chromatography) strip to me, although I am not familiar with light-sensitive visualizing agents that turn the active spots white rather than colored.
    TLC...? sounds nice... :-)

�   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   �
    TGR1 likes this.
    02-06-15 05:50 AM
    Very true! BlackBerry cameras are very honest in terms of colour accuracy, while iPhone cameras are flattering to people. As a result, all colours are shifted to the warmer side.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    02-06-15 07:35 AM
    Close enough

I am zee that is the 10
    02-07-15 11:10 PM
    Yeah this post wasn't suggesting z10 camera is any better or stuff just saying I've noticed the iPhone sorta processes pictures, people look warmer, almost yellow-toned and colors slightly more saturated from . past experience and on this occasion the white area was yellow which ruins the purpose

I am zee that is the 10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-07-15 11:11 PM
    Got to say that for what ever reason, the new camera software causes me to take better pictures on my Z10. I guess I just like having a shutter button. Maybe it is the software. Definitely closer to the iPhone now for me. (I have both)

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 09:37 AM