Hello all, i am fairly new to this forum. I just got a blackberry bold been using it for a couple of days now don't mind it. It is A LOT more stable then the iPhone OS i have a few questions.

I am NOT on a blackberry plan but i can access the internet via Opera is it possible to get my email set up (POP3)

And i am also having trouble downloading any Apps from my blackberry whenever i click the link to download from the blackberry site it just moves the cursor up the page.

If these problems are fixed i can hopefully leave my iphone and keep my blackberry bold Thanks
    08-13-09 08:37 AM
    BlackBerry is built around the Network Operations Center, that is where the real work is being done.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no alternate email client that will function with a POP/IMAP mail server.

Your third party browser should work with a web based email provider like Hotmail or Gmail. I may be possible to configure your account to forward a copy to one of the web mail services.
    08-13-09 08:53 AM
    oh ok thank you, is it possible for the LED to flash Red still if a new email is received i do not think it is
    08-13-09 08:57 AM
    It is not an issue with web mail, you will never get pushed email.

I have found it convenient to use iGoogle in combination with Gmail. Checking for messages is as simple as opening the Browser to it's home page or doing a refresh.
    08-13-09 09:03 AM
    ok thank you what about the problem with downloading apps etc.
    08-13-09 09:38 AM
    yeah it will a lot more stable until you start installing a bunch of apps and have a lot of apps open. That's when the battery pulls begin. The iPhone OS doesn't change performance if you have 2 apps or 25. You will see
    08-13-09 10:08 AM
    ok thank you what about the problem with downloading apps etc.
    That, I can't help with.

It works fine with the Internet/Hotspot Browser.
    08-13-09 10:14 AM
    Heh, I literally made the exact same switch (iPhone to Bold) last night. I had an 8830 before my iPhone and loved it but I wanted to switch to satisfy my ***** for Apple products.

I never found the iPhone to be unstable. It slowed a bit when it was jailbroken and there were a couple instances of poorly coded jailbroken apps that screwed with things but overall it was a good experience.

It was just time to move back to a grownup phone :P
    08-13-09 10:15 AM
    Hmmmm seems like the bold is the best bb out on the market so far...wondering if the onyx will be any better.
    08-13-09 10:54 AM
    i just decided to pay for the bold with no contract fee, and exchange for the onyx in January when my contract expires....btw those of you who switched....did u guys upgrade your phone, or buy it with a no contract fee?
    08-13-09 11:13 AM
    I upgraded and resigned. They way I see it, I am going to be stuck paying some **** off cell company for a plan for the next three years anyway so it might as well be the one I'm with now.

I'm keeping the iPhone just in case so there's really no point in switching providers.
    08-13-09 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD