Ran across this article an hour or so ago, no mention of BB. With the popularity of BB abroad, I would've thought they would be first. Does RIM have a presence in Syria?

Syria iPhone Ban Reportedly In Effect As Protests Continue
    12-03-11 04:38 PM
    wow....thats all i can say about that. it said they shut down the network and internet so im assuming that BBs are out too but not "banned"
    12-03-11 04:45 PM
    With the internet and networks shut down, why the ban though? Odd.
    12-03-11 04:50 PM
    I would figure they would ban all smartphones if their goal was to cut down on communications.
    12-03-11 08:27 PM
    We all know Apple is an American business...the US pissed-off Syria in some way

RIM is a Canadian business...Middle East countries probably favour Canada over the US...I would guess BlackBerry is in all the Middle East countries and wouldn't be banned in Syria...unless something happens and they side with the US

I hope we get some posters from that part of the world
    12-03-11 08:40 PM
    If iPhones are really banned and Blackberry isn't then you made my day!
    12-04-11 06:05 AM
    Probly a response to Apple sueing them over useing a too smilar name to Siri -_-

But didnt know steve jobs was part syrian too.
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/interna...test-coverage/
    Last edited by KoreAairlines; 12-04-11 at 11:02 AM.
    12-04-11 10:54 AM
    It's mainly because a lot of the armed forces/regime brutality videos that are being spread have been shot on iPhones. Pretty stupid response, if you ask me.
    12-04-11 11:03 AM
    In the link i posted they say it was the iphone because of a specific app on the iphone.

But i have been told the ban was lifted again... but i cant provide a source yet.
    Will post one if i can find one.
    12-04-11 11:17 AM
    Cool, thank you KoreA.
    12-04-11 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD