I know there is another thread going on about iOS being as secure as BB OS but I'm pretty sure this is a different story.

I remember reading about the hacking competition that RIM was helping sponsor. The security researchers say that iOS > Android > BB OS...

There must be more to this than I'm reading. I'd like to see what type of tests/attacks they tried. Or else we are all living in an imaginary world of security..

Here's where I saw it:

Security Researchers Hack iPhone 4S - Claim Android & BlackBerry Easier Targets - BerryReview
    Last edited by yasmar; 09-19-12 at 08:09 PM.
    09-19-12 08:07 PM
    they hacked they exploited the browser
    09-19-12 08:50 PM
    In the article, where they had the bold print in quote, it looked very choppy and simply sounds untrue, like where the guy says "we tried on iphone because there the hardest to hack". Plus the browser doesn't run as root, so theres no way to "hack" the PB with it. Not to mention that it uses the most secure web server.
    Last edited by antiRIM; 09-19-12 at 09:06 PM.
    09-19-12 09:02 PM
    Mobile Pwn2Own: iPhone 4S hacked by Dutch team | ZDNet

i wonder if he actually tried to hack the BB webkits, just because it uses older code doesn't mean its easier. hmmm

also states the the fault is still tehre in iOS6 and also exposes the whole device, i wonder if the BB or even Android hacks would do that
    09-19-12 09:11 PM
    The reports that come out of Pwn2Own and similar events are always vague for obvious reasons so it's always difficult to work out what actually happened.
    09-20-12 04:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD