I have been a BB user for a long long time and still love my BB Z30 but lately been thinking about moving to the iphone. I do a lot of international travel and the TMobile iphone offers free in-flight texting and Wi-Fi calling, which is nice. Thoughts / advice - what should I do?
    12-28-14 05:37 PM
    I too had similar temptations several time. Compare emailing features on iPhone with Z30. I find "forever " option very useful and almost like feeling of laptop.

Prithvi, Z30 thru CB10
    12-28-14 05:46 PM

Posted from the amazing IPhone 6
    JesseBabe23 and Al1n like this.
    12-28-14 06:03 PM
    I have been a BB user for a long long time and still love my BB Z30 but lately been thinking about moving to the iphone. I do a lot of international travel and the TMobile iphone offers free in-flight texting and Wi-Fi calling, which is nice. Thoughts / advice - what should I do?
    you have to make sure to weigh the pros and cons on those 2 phones and pick what best works for you
    12-28-14 06:08 PM
    Got the iPhone 6 last week. But may go back to the z30 and use the 6 as an iPod. Same way I had the z10 and used the iphone5 as an iPod. Too many things I miss about the blackberry to leave completely
    neoberry99 likes this.
    12-28-14 06:08 PM
    right..get both
    JoseMercedes and neoberry99 like this.
    12-28-14 06:11 PM
    Why not get a iPad to complement the Z30? Even more so when blend officially releases for Z30 on 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 06:51 PM
    Why not get a iPad to complement the Z30? Even more so when blend officially releases for Z30 on 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    does ipad make phone call??? he need a international phone to make calls...BB should had put all band in their phone so we don't need to carry 2
    BB_Junky likes this.
    12-28-14 06:54 PM
    does ipad make phone call??? he need a international phone to make calls...BB should had put all band in their phone so we don't need to carry 2
    Then he should wait for the next BB10 device and dual numbers on one sim. If it's a travelling device and a work device then hard to beat BB10.

Posted via CB10
    ihsanology likes this.
    12-28-14 06:59 PM
    If you can afford it, choose two devices with the same SIM size. I use an iPhone 6 Plus and a Passport. Switch on a dime

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Chrisy and JesseBabe23 like this.
    12-28-14 07:00 PM
    If you can afford it, choose two devices with the same SIM size. I use an iPhone 6 Plus and a Passport. Switch on a dime

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'll wind up using a SIM card adaptor for the 6 and the 30.
    12-28-14 07:04 PM
    Then he should wait for the next BB10 device and dual numbers on one sim. If it's a travelling device and a work device then hard to beat BB10.

Posted via CB10
    oh that thing is coming later????? virtual sim...but at what price??? In Canada from telus sim cost 10.5$ and in the USA free

any link on that? virtual sim

would have to be competitive
    12-28-14 07:07 PM
    I bought the iPhone 6 Plus as my primary phone, but still use the Z30 a lot. The latter's virtual keyboard is superior to the iOS' offering, so the BlackBerry remains my messaging tools of choice. I suggest you get the 6 if you really need the apps available at your disposal at all times. Otherwise, get an iPad mini 3 instead.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 07:12 PM
    Yeah it sucks that the Z30 wifi calling and texting isn't supported by T-Mobile. It could do it, but since T-Mobile didn't offer the device they won't enable it. I like the Z30 better than my son's iPhone 6. Of their is an app gap and this issue with T-Mobile.

That said, why do you need to call and text on the plane? When I travel internationally I would be very upset if someone starts talking on their phone next to me. It is OK to go off the grid every now and again.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 07:36 PM
    Sounds like the iPhone 6 would be a better choice for you

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 07:39 PM
    OP is a bit vague on what the main functions needed in daily use.... would suggest the OP find someone with an Iphone and see what is does better... depending on carrier or vendor you can sometimes have a honeymoon clause so to speak which allows you return the item within a certain time of purchase... personally I would never simply switch to a new device without at least trying it first...... does not matter how good a device is for someone else... does not mean it is good for you....
    12-28-14 07:40 PM
    Be careful with your SIM adapters. They can damage your phone.

Otherwise, my suggestion is to just get both. It's always good to have a spare.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2
    12-28-14 07:43 PM
    I love blackberry, was my first ever smartphone! Since the Bold 9000... I like to carry two phones. An iPhone for fun (have one since the 3G now I have a iPhone 6). And my Blackberry as my work and get things done phone. Now I have a Q10 and still don't now if I'm going to the Passport or Classic.

Have a iPhone and a Blackberry it's like having the best of two different worlds.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno and neoberry99 like this.
    12-28-14 08:09 PM
    OP, it sounds like the iPhone 6 or 6+ will meet your needs better, given what you've mentioned so far. I'm on T-Mobile, I also have a Z30, and I would completely recommend the iPhone 6+, which I got through T-Mo about a month ago. The 6+ is a great smartphone with a ton of software support to make using it even easier and more effective.

Plus, you'll have official T-Mobile support, the wifi-calling advantage, and the best apps in the market.

With respect to your Z30, keep it! I like some of the BlackBerry apps, some of my old favorite games, and having a BB10 device. But if you have to choose, the 6+ sounds like a safer choice to me.

I bought the iPhone 6 Plus as my primary phone, but still use the Z30 a lot. The latter's virtual keyboard is superior to the iOS' offering, so the BlackBerry remains my messaging tools of choice. I suggest you get the 6 if you really need the apps available at your disposal at all times. Otherwise, get an iPad mini 3 instead.

Posted via CB10
    I have an iPhone 6+ and a Z30, and having both smartphones available at a moment's notice is quite a luxury. Anytime you can have two top devices to meet your needs instead of one, you're ahead of the game.

If you like the Z30 virtual keyboard, then I'd recommend either the Fleksy keyboard or the SwiftKey keyboard, both of which are currently available in the iPhone App Store. Fleksy has many of the same swipe shortcuts as the Z30 keyboard (like swipe left to delete word), but it also has many other options as well, and Fleksy holds the world record as fastest keyboard. SwiftKey is the company behind the Z30 keyboard, has the top-selling Android keyboard, and is working hard to make its iOS keyboard as feature complete as its other keyboards.

Oh, and iOS now has Swype keyboard as well, so that's another top option, though Fleksy is my current go-to on the 6+.
    Last edited by eyesopen1111; 12-28-14 at 08:37 PM.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    12-28-14 08:17 PM
    Get an iPhone 6. And buy a cheaper Z10 for less than $100.
    12-28-14 08:59 PM
    Get a Passport

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 and naveedk like this.
    12-28-14 09:36 PM
    Enjoy your iPhone.

Can we stop these damn threads already.

Why do people need validation for the things they use?? My god

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 09:48 PM
    Really depends on your needs.

If there is a must have app that you need on the ios ecosystem then I think you know the answer.

You could also get a tablet and keep the Z30. That's what I would do.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 10:46 PM
    Ya I would stick to the BlackBerry Passport or Z30 and go with the Ipad mini cause they really compliment each other with Blackberry Blend. I just really hope BlackBerry comes out with another tablet , cause I find the signal on the ipad is weaker compared to my phones.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 12:24 AM
    Ya I would stick to the BlackBerry Passport or Z30 and go with the Ipad mini cause they really compliment each other with Blackberry Blend. I just really hope BlackBerry comes out with another tablet , cause I find the signal on the ipad is weaker compared to my phones.

Posted via CB10
    they have created blend for that> not making another tablet>use blend with any tablet you want
    12-29-14 12:26 AM
117 123 ...