BlackBerry shutdown his phone when it's getting to heat and if it is extreem overheat you are not to start your phone before the heat is gone. sometimes it's start up but then shut down again.

I had this experience in Indonesia using the whole time my phone an it get's very overheat playing a game that I was thinking to stop then suddenly it shuts down.

I thought first my phone was dead that day on the beach , but the phone has some survive mode to shut himself down like the human body
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    06-14-15 03:46 AM
    "having breakfast in the morning down of the direct sun, about 30 degrees C"

Since when is 30 degrees C considered a "stressful environment"? Maybe to an iPhanboi, but not to normal people.
    Errr, me?! I'm half Norwegian, and 30 degrees C seems way too tropical......
    06-14-15 04:54 PM
    Hi, just to share a short story, I was yesterday in Germany with a business colleague, having breakfast in the morning down of the direct sun, about 30 degrees C. Me with my passport , him with the IPhone 6, both replying to emails and phone calls for about half an hour, then all of the sudden he wanted to make a phone call but his phone was not responding and got a screen message that the phone couldn't be used because he got warm! Also any other action not allowed, the same message kept going on.
    I have borrowed to him my passport to let him done his job (and of course laughing about the fluent use of his IPhone! )

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    I'm not surprised. I returned my outdated iphone6 for the passport when it became clear as day the iphone6 was a 2012 smartphone sold at a premium. I know a couple of people who also returned their outdated iphone6. I think it's the reason why no one I know uses an iphone anymore as the majority have gotten a samsung.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 06:15 PM
    Similar experience with my iPhone 6. Whenever it gets hot in sunlight, it dims the screen more and more until it's difficult to read. I have to get it into shade for a few minutes before it'll brighten up again.
    Just disable auto brightness:

Settings
    Display & Brightness
    Auto-Brightness
    Off

I disable that for any phone I've used, including BlackBerry and iPhone. I live in Florida where it's extremely sunny 364 days of the year! I had the BlackBerry Q10 and i had to turn the brightness high to see in direct sunlight.

Also, it's 95 here and I've never had an issue with my iPhone 5c not working in the heat outside. I hike, geocache, kayak and do yoga on the beach and have used the iPhone with no issues.

A lot of the iPhone "horror stories" here are second hand stories. I wouldn't put much stock into them. I trust my own experiences.
    Last edited by Chrisy; 06-14-15 at 07:05 PM.
    06-14-15 06:54 PM
    Just disable auto brightness:

Settings
    Display & Brightness
    Auto-Brightness
    Off

I disable that for any phone I've used, including BlackBerry and iPhone. I live in Florida where it's extremely sunny 364 days of the year! I had the BlackBerry Q10 and I to had to turn the brightness high to see in direct sunlight.

Also, it's 95 here and I've never had an issue with my iPhone 5c not working in the heat outside. I hike, geocache, kayak and do yoga on the beach and have used the iPhone with no issues.
    Thanks, yup I actually tried turning off auto brightness when it happened, but it still would only get to maybe 70% brightness with the slider set to max.

I'm thinking maybe the 6 encounters this more often because of being so thin perhaps. I don't remember it happening with my friend's 5s's.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 07:05 PM
    Odd. You should have total control of the screen brightness setting when auto-brightness is disabled. That's the case on my iPhone 6, 5c, 5s and 4.

Of course, in general, I can see my iPhone screen outside at the beach when it's set at half brightness. Maybe I'm just used to it. I never have had to turn the screen to 100% or 70% for that matter. It's blinding for me at those levels!
    06-14-15 07:07 PM
    Odd. You should have total control of the screen brightness setting when auto-brightness is disabled. That's the case on my iPhone 6, 5c, 5s and 4.
    Well with it turned off, sliding the slider would change the brightness as expected - it just wouldn't get as bright as usual when set to 100%. iOS apparently limits the maximum brightness in both auto and manual modes when overheating is detected.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 07:13 PM
    Well with it turned off, sliding the slider would change the brightness as expected - it just wouldn't get as bright as usual when set to 100%. iOS apparently limits the maximum brightness in both auto and manual modes when overheating is detected.

Posted via CB10
    I suppose that's better than a damaged phone! I'll have to check it out next time I have my phone in the heat (next Saturday at the beach)!
    06-14-15 07:27 PM
    The larger touchscreen provides a large black surface to absorb heat from sunlight. They have made the phone too thin. When my Z30 is in the sun it gets very hot too. I haven't stress tested it though to see if it reaches a limit.

Posted via Z30
    06-14-15 07:33 PM
    I don't like the trend of phones that are getting thinner. Even the iPhone 5s and 5c feel too thin for me and I have cases on both to add bulk. Phones have a body image issue these days! Geez.
    06-14-15 07:40 PM
    I had a 9900 that had a touchscreen that went berserk in sunlight, rendering the phone unusable.

Your point?

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    Chrisy likes this.
    06-14-15 07:44 PM
    I had a 9900 that had a touchscreen that went berserk in sunlight, rendering the phone unusable.

Your point?

Here we go...

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 08:25 PM
    Here we go...

Posted via CB10
    No 'here we go', just pointing out ALOT of phones can have issues in bright sun or high heat conditions. Which is why threads like these are just silly.

Chrisy likes this.
    06-14-15 08:34 PM
    I had a 9900 that had a touch screen that went berserk in sunlight, rendering the phone unusable.

Your point?

I remember this issue! It was all over CrackBerry! Good times...people thought their BlackBerry phones were possessed!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nlight-712070/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-267-a-712947/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...utside-936805/
    reeneebob and katesbb like this.
    06-14-15 08:40 PM
    Discussion about the iPhone 6 and Passport turns into discussion about a four year old phone. FUD, I just loves it.
    lynxs_claw and John Villareal like this.
    06-14-15 11:46 PM
    I've been camping in the forest a couple of times recently. I leave my Classic and Passport on the seat of my truck in Airplane mode because there is no signal. Both times it has been about 85 degrees Fahrenheit. I got the following notice on my Classic when charging it, but not the Passport. iPhone 6 not good in hot weather?-classic-too-hot.png
    Chrisy, undone and John Villareal like this.
    06-15-15 04:32 AM
    Discussion about the iPhone 6 and Passport turns into discussion about a four year old phone. FUD, I just loves it.
    You're missing the point. Take a step back and look at the forest.

Her point was every phone has had, and continues to have, issues with direct sunlight and heat. All phones. So the OP is grasping at straws to make themselves feel better about their choice of phone, as one other poster put it.

I think enough people here use multiple devices that they don't have the desire or need to try to bash another device. Kind of pointless, especially when BlackBerry has the same issue (as the poster after this shows with his Classic overheating).

Like I said before, most horror stories about iPhone and Android on this board are second hand stories, hyperbole, and sometimes the issues would happen to ANY phone, given the situation. Like this overheating issue. Though I've never had the issue with ANY phone, it does happen apparently if you leave your phone in direct sunlight too long!

If you want to see FUD, read the OP again.
    Last edited by Chrisy; 06-15-15 at 06:08 AM.
    06-15-15 05:43 AM
    I've been camping in the forest a couple of times recently. I leave my Classic and Passport on the seat of my truck in Airplane mode because there is no signal. Both times it has been about 85 degrees Fahrenheit. I got the following notice on my Classic when charging it, but not the Passport. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Classic Too Hot.png 
Views:	400 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	357700
    Wow! I wonder how hot it was inside your truck! So I guess all phones do this. I've left my iPhone inside my car but I've used a windshield heat screen a with the windows cracked and the phone is in a cubby between the seats. Also have dark tinted windows. Though it still does get very hot, it's never in direct sunlight inside my car. Maybe that's why I've never had this issue.
    06-15-15 05:45 AM
    Apple has a history going onto almost 40 years and all throughout that long history you'll find that they have chosen thin and sexy over the practical. You'll find heat issues going back all the way to even before the Mac, that is 31 years...
    So true, all my Ibooks suffered from motherboard failure due to heat. The present MBP gets very warm while rendering models but at least does not burn you.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    06-15-15 06:01 AM
    You're missing the point. Take a step back and look at the forest.

Her point was every phone has had, and continues to have, issues with direct sunlight and heat. All phones. So the OP is grasping at straws to make themselves feel better about their choice of phone, as one other poster put it.

I think enough people here use multiple devices that they don't have the desire or need to try to bash another device. Kind of pointless, especially when BlackBerry has the same issue (as the poster after this shows with his Classic overheating).

Like I said before, most horror stories about iPhone and Android on this board are second hand stories, hyperbole, and sometimes the issues would happen to ANY phone, given the situation. Like this overheating issue. Though I've never had the issue with ANY phone, it does happen apparently if you leave your phone in direct sunlight too long!

If you want to see FUD, read the OP again.
    Ummm....

1. OP was not bashing, was just a mildly amusing story about an incident that happened.

2. Passport was in the identical conditions as the IPhone that stopped working and the Passport was fine.

3. Story was first hand from OP, not second hand. Grasping at straws? There was no debate, the OP was relaying a story.

4. BlackBerry / Passport has taken way more abuse and FUD out there in cyber land than Apple / iPhone 6.

5. The shown BlackBerry Classic warning said that the phone may slow down and dim but still works - minor annoyance. The iPhone, however, totally quit and was useless - major annoyance.

We get that you come running out here to defend the IPhone's honour from a mildly humourous, but harmless little story. The iPhone has a flaw, that may come up on rare occasions. Why can't you just leave it be?

Posted via CB10
    John Villareal, raino and fanisk like this.
    06-15-15 06:52 AM
    You missed the point.
    Chrisy likes this.
    06-15-15 07:15 AM
    Some things never change 'eh!

BlackBerry fandroids bashing Apple.

Apple f androids bashing BlackBerry.

Living as I do on a chilly Isle (UK), 30 degrees feels pretty hot to me especially at breakfast time. Yikes! But, on the plus side of things I've never had my old Z10, or my shiny new Iphone 6+ shut down because of overheating. If we do get any sunny days in good old Blighty that might reach these temps or above I'll stick both phones out in the sun and note which one overheats first! ; )

I'll get back to ya!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 07:46 AM
    No 'here we go', just pointing out ALOT of phones can have issues in bright sun or high heat conditions. Which is why threads like these are just silly.

Yes, silly is a good word for it. I have seen it happen once having an iPhone going back to the 3G. The phone was in the passenger seat of my car in very bright, direct sunlight and it was playing music and charging. It shut off and gave a overheating morning. When I picked it up it was very very hot. I moved it out of the sun and it came back on shortly. I assume other phones have similar safety shut offs but I don't know.
    Chrisy and reeneebob like this.
    06-15-15 07:49 AM
    Yes, this happens for sure and not only in 30c weather. I've seen it happen when it's just 20c and the phone is in the sun. Never seen it on my PP.
    Chrisy likes this.
    06-15-15 08:18 AM
    My iPad did the same thing a few weeks ago in Vegas. I had it out at the pool in the direct sun and after a while it got very hot and stopped working. Once it cooled down it came right back up (about 5-10 mins). I thought that was a cool feature to keep it from breaking.
    06-15-15 08:21 AM
68 123