I am currently using Sony Xperia Z.But now I want to move on.Since there are rumours about iPhone 5s price will be slashed upto 250$ or Rs.18k which is quite similar to BB Q10 and slightly lesser than Classic, I am planning to get one of those.

My Needs :-
    Not a Gamer
    I want privacy n security
    Battery Life is a concern
    Portability
    Reliability n Stability of OS
    One which can get the job done
    Apps such as Protonmail, Tutanota, PayTM, Peerio, Telegram(which provide more secure msg platform), some banking apps like SBI Buddy,ICICI. Password keeper,related to Finance like Wallnut
    Basically all such utility apps and what a student needs to get the job done...

I am a law student and I live in India and here are my needs.
    Should like go for Android or which of the above?
    03-21-16 07:13 AM
    Q10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-21-16 07:22 AM
    if your need it apps are android ,i would go with apple ,never know how long android apps will work on bb devices
    03-21-16 07:23 AM
    If apps are important, go with the iPhone and you seem to quite a list of specific ones.
    Last edited by roleli; 04-12-16 at 08:48 AM.
    03-21-16 07:58 AM
    Go with iPhone. At least you'll get a company that still cares about the phone's OS.

Posted via CB10
    idhbar likes this.
    03-21-16 08:05 AM
    As I was reading through the post, everything you wanted fitted the Q10 more, until I went on to read "Reliability and Stability of OS". That and everything under that would no longer suit a BlackBerry 10 device.
    03-21-16 08:49 AM
    Since you a law student.. and me a practicing lawyer.. blackberry helps me with great battery backup.. faster drafting when m in court and seamless integration with Box app plus I can send docs from BBM to my clients directly..

As far as your banking apps are concerned if you don't mind android apps working on ya BlackBerry phone you ve a choice.. or else iphone..

As a law student yu may be having seminars nd presentations.. BlackBerry has a great miracast plus blackberry express in BlackBerry world..

I used iPhone for a week nd gave up.

Bout os support I can't vouch for that.

Security nd privacy: its how yu use ya device.
    Bout iPhone security nd privacy yu shud follow fbi versus apple fight.

In india.. blackberry has very bad after sales support. You don't even get a tampered screen guard.. I had to tell my friend from canada to get me two packs.

Telegram app yu ve option of Android app. Bout its security.. yu shud follow snowden's tweet on its encryption.

I still use BlackBerry Bold 9900 plus a z30 nd passport SE is on its way..

So rest is on you.. don't buy phones on different comments or advice.. its on what yu need.

Blackberry Z30
    xKingHopy and Aman1007 like this.
    03-21-16 09:23 AM
    Hi Thanks for sharing ur views. This question was raised by me, I forgot to login.
    As you are an Indian I would like to know few things...

Can one do basic transactions,pay bills,recharge mobile with BB? (Indian Banks)

Also Maps are very important...So since BB does not have Google Maps...Do that bother u, I mean do you face any problem while searching for place in India? Is the map well synchronized for India?

The only reason I want to switch from Android is Privacy, want an integrated place for all my emails,physical keyboard...
    Few reasons which bother me before taking such decision are
    Since our Govt. have also developed few apps like DigiLocker which lets us for free store all essential docs on cloud like PAN Card,Voter,Aadhaar,Certificate etc. With such apps one can easily use their digital form of doc and can attach them wherever they are needed. These apps are available to android only...

Maps like google maps are too important.

The prob that u have mentioned about after sale service...Is it a major problem...

And also all the above mentioned things are the only ones which I'll gonna use for rest of my 5 years in law school...So Is buying a Q10 a wise decision?
    03-22-16 12:16 AM
    1: Android apps work on bb. I use Paytm plus Freecharge app which is android. No issues for transactions. About Aadhar thing.. you can scan it and upload it.

2: I don't use Map apps most. But when I drive between states, I use BlackBerry maps which gets my job done. As for ya info.. there is no such map app existing that's well sync with India roads..

3: Nobody can beat BlackBerry emails.

4: After sales support .. YES major problem. They are as good as non existent. If you not the one to drop ya phone every second week from purchase.. then yu are safe.. orelse.. think again.. or buy tampered glass.. cover..

5: if you think yu are comfortable with Q10 yu can go for it.

Blackberry Z30
    Aman1007 likes this.
    03-22-16 01:45 AM
    Go for iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 09:09 AM
    Iphone 6SE.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 03:22 PM
    Klepon 666SX
    03-23-16 01:10 PM
    iPhone SE

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 01:39 PM
    iPhone 6 with cheap unlocked used Q10 as backup phone for documents/email
    03-23-16 06:35 PM
    Classic. Nothing like it's PKB, track pad, tool belt and shortcuts.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    03-23-16 06:45 PM