Three days ago I bought a Q10.
    The main reason for this purchase was that I'm a BB shareholder and wanted to know if it was any good. I'm an iPhone user for 5 years now and currently have the iPhone 5 .

Here are impressions about the Q10 from the perspective of an iPhone user.

Pro :
    - keyboard shortcuts are a killer feature (I never used a keyboard before)
    - active frames
    - hub
    - BBM is much better than the competition

Con:
    - touch screen responsiveness

In the con section I only listed one issue because all other issues ( lack of apps , etc. ) are repeated in several posts.

I often find my finger being much faster than the action on the screen. For example I have to swipe up mostly two times to unlock the screen. Peak is not usable for me because as previously mentioned the finger tends to be on the other end of the action. I also find often the need to tap something two or three times on the screen before it reacts.
    Compared to the iPhone it's horrible.
    When I switched my iPhone back on I had a feeling of relief because of the described issue.

I hope that Blackberry is aware of the problem and will sort it out with a software update.
    JR A and mithrazor like this.
    07-08-13 12:09 PM
    To be honest, my Q10 is quite responsive to my quick swipes, and I mean quick. So I think there might be a hardware issue there either digitizer or other, because I don't believe it should act like that. I also have greasy fingers so maybe thats why lol
    07-08-13 12:36 PM
    No issue here swiping with my Q10
    07-08-13 12:41 PM
    The swipe gestures take a bit of time to get used to unless you have previous experience with the Playbook. I have found that they are now second nature but it took me a while to develop the muscle memory. Luckily I don't have any of those "why doesn't the $!?? work?" moments anymore. Give the device a week and let us know how it's going then.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 12:54 PM
    I'm not saying it's not working but compared to an iPhone the responsiveness is second class.
    07-08-13 01:22 PM
    Mine works pretty instantly just as fast as an iphone so I would get that checked out

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 03:42 PM
    Had an iPhone 5 and switched to Z10 and wife has Q10 (she had iPhone 4s). No issues with responsiveness at all. What I noticed is where you start the swipe, which you'll get used to. You should also double check all your screen settings. Both phones swipe and tap easily for me. In fact, I used to double tap a lot on wife's iPhone 4s. It's really a matter of feel but as one post mentioned, maybe a hardware issue with your device as well.
    07-08-13 04:32 PM
    I have no problems with my Q10's responsiveness. In fact I sometimes wish it wasn't so responsive. My only issue with swiping up is that I tend to do it in some games & that gets quite annoying when I minimize the game right in the middle of playing with it.

....Luckily, games is not the main thing I do on my phone & not why I own a smart phone. I do wish BB would release a new BB10 7" tablet though, because that I DO use for games....Games & reading books.
    07-08-13 05:01 PM
    Get your device replaced. My Z10 is incredibly fast and responsive. BB10 displays a constant 60 fps.

Posted via Z10
    07-08-13 05:29 PM
    Depends to the size of your thumb and tone of the skin.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 06:07 PM
    I have a z10 and im satisfied. But I think iPhone is more responsive as the op says. But I just recognise it when swiping between screens. You have to do a longer swipe between screen (not the hub or peak feature). On the iphone u just have swipe very short and it jumps to the next app page. Though i'd never switch cause I love my z10

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 06:13 PM
    Also a former iphone 5 user, love my z10 won't go back, but have to agree with OP, when i pick up wife's iPhone 5 it always makes me go wow this thing is fast, everything on iPhone 5 is instant, even when you compare two same apps iphone 5 vs z10, iPhone opens way faster, i love bb10 for what it can do (a serious business machine) but overall bb10 is quite laggy compared to ios on iPhone 5, not saying bb10 is that by, but just that ios is that good when it comes to being fast and responsive, mind you ios has been perfected over six years, im hoping blackberry makes it and continue improving bb10 and it'll get there

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 10:01 PM
    It's a common issue with Q10's. I have had the same experience, having to use 2 sometimes 3 gestures just to get it right.

It's also a common thing I see in all of BlackBerry's demos of the Q10. Supposedly an update will fix this (sorry, hate to give the typical CB/BBRY response with that one).

I do give the iPhone credit for having a responsive screen compared the Z10/Q10 in my experience. I remember reading an article stating that iOS prioritizes much of the system resources just to touchscreen responsiveness, so there ya go.
    07-08-13 10:42 PM