Well there's reports that apple is seriously,focusing on the enterprise market with the introduction of the iPhone 5.Apple sees a injured Rim,and there attacking,what does this mean? Is it the end for Rim???? Cause honestly bb10 better deliver
    04-21-12 09:59 AM
    Yeah rumors about Apple.. Are rarely true or proven. Trust me, stay away from all apple rumors and just see what they come out with when something actually comes to market.
    04-21-12 10:29 AM
    The unfortunate part about the Apple rumors is there are a select few 'insiders' that seem to have a legit scoop and they leak stuff that is true. Kevin Rose seems to be one of them, although now with him gone to Google, that will probably stop.

Rumors of the iPad mini (7 or 8" tablet) also surfacing. I think that has more of a chance of serious damage than an iPhone 5. The iPhone 4 has already done enough damage and the introduction of a 5 wouldn't really add much more to that IMHO.
    04-21-12 10:41 AM
    Not really anything new as far as the upcoming iPhone is concerned. They've been already slowly working on getting into enterprise for a while and getting a foothold in there.

End of RIM? Don't worry just yet, revisit this topic in about a year and we'll see how BB10 is doing at that point.

Apple pushing the iPhone to business with new ‘iPhone at Work’ webpage

Apple is pushing the benefits of using an iPhone in business with the launch of a new webpage on its site. The new page is simply titled “iPhone at Work” and it runs through a reasonably extensive lists of business orientated apps and features.

Stay on top of your business and accomplish everyday work tasks in a whole new way. With iPhone and amazing apps that get you the information you need at a moment’s notice, your work day is anything but ordinary.
    Some of the apps that Apple chose to feature are obviously its own built in Mail, Contacts and Calendar apps which feature under the heading of Organize your day. It also covers apps for viewing your business activities, managing projects, meetings and travelling.Apple also showcases a list of high profile companies who have already made the switch to iPhone for their businesses too. Some of thecompaniescovered include Lowe’s, GE and Redlands Police Department.
    It appears that more and more businesses are looking to integrate the iPhone into their IT infrastructures. Apple wants to ensure that it has the information available to IT professionals when they need to make the big decisions!

http://www.imore.com/2012/04/21/appl...-work-webpage/
    04-21-12 10:49 AM
    Not worried tbh...

QNX is a wonderful platform and will have a future...

RIM just needs to keep their skin in the game
    04-21-12 10:54 AM
    Yes I totally agree QNX is a great os,thanx for your input
    04-21-12 10:58 AM
    Don't think it's a threat? A serious percentage of the people locked into a BB through their employer would jump on an iPhone if available.
    04-21-12 01:20 PM
    I don't believe any future iPhone or iPad rumors.
    04-21-12 03:03 PM
    I don't believe any future iPhone or iPad rumors.
    I agree...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using CrackBerry Forums App/Tapatalk
    04-21-12 03:25 PM
    Apple did a nice job with that website. I was impressed, and it lays out iPhone for businesses quite nicely, including specialty apps.
    04-21-12 09:18 PM
    just like the rest im not worried at all. RIM is putting so much into BB10 that we all know its going to blow our minds . Apple is a big company but they are reliant on apps to do anything. BBs are great workers Stock
    04-22-12 08:35 AM
    Anyone that doesn't acknowledge that the next iPhone and the next Samsung GIII phones will have a big impact on RIM is just kidding themselves. BB10 will need to do more than just match functionality of those OS's it will have to provide an incentive for people to switch platforms, i.e. do something that the others don't or at least do something that they do but much much better. If we don't start getting realistic and demand RIM do better we'll all be using iPhones
    04-22-12 08:53 AM
    It's a big ask to be able to match both those OS's first time around. WP7 looks promising but even then it's pretty raw and will take a year or so before that matures enough to be considered a match for iOS or Android. And people think BB will match them from the off? It's optimistic at best. If they at least get a decent foundation going, something that gets devs interested and then sort themselves out in terms of buggy phones then they could be onto something. It's a lot of ifs though.
    z1nsane likes this.
    04-22-12 09:00 AM
    Another Apple thread in the BlackBerry News and Rumors forum...lol

Don't trust Apple rumors. I'll only believe what I hear about the next iPhone when Tim Cook announces it.
    04-22-12 09:01 AM
    Inspite of the many who get their jollies marginalizing BRIDGE as a feature, it is the one thing that everyone else wish they had, the one thing I personally love about the PB, and the vicarious pleasure I get I knowing that those who hate it really wish they had it too. While others will push that 4G bit while the carriers eyball your pocket book, Bridge will give you the same experience for free while keeping your FICO score intact.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 04-22-12 at 09:11 AM.
    04-22-12 09:09 AM
    Unless there is some sort of killer app and some defacto standard for corporate management of these devices, iPhone / Android is going to stumble in the corporate world. the iPhone / iPad aren't even FIPS compliant.
    04-22-12 09:11 AM
    Inspite of the many who get their jollies marginalizing BRIDGE as a feature, it is the one thing that everyone else wish they had, the one thing I personally love about the PB, and I like the fact that everyone else hates RIM because they wish they had it too. While others will push that 4G bit while the carriers eyball your pocket book, Bridge will give you the same experience for free while keeping your FICO score intact.
    Who is everyone? Most people in the world can care less about tablets at this point.

Since when do people hate RIM because of bridge? That was one feature of the PB that was actually praised in the majority of reviews from what I remember. That's a new one. You sure the hate doesn't come from other reasons? The extremely obvious ones...
    Last edited by avt123; 04-22-12 at 09:30 AM.
    04-22-12 09:12 AM
    Inspite of the many who get their jollies marginalizing BRIDGE as a feature, it is the one thing that everyone else wish they had, the one thing I personally love about the PB, and the vicarious pleasure I get I knowing that those who hate it really wish they had it too. While others will push that 4G bit while the carriers eyball your pocket book, Bridge will give you the same experience for free while keeping your FICO score intact.

I too think Bridge is a fabulous feature and makes the phones a workhorse when the data is ran through to the playbook but people need to understand that all it is is bluetooth internet tethering and if you bought a phone which supported the same bluetooth as bridge capable blackberries you could tether non blackberrys to the Playbook too. I read a thread here that was starting a list of capable phones for internet tethering purposes.

I really wish bluetooth (internet tethering) was viable on ALL bluetooth ready devices...Then the playbook would be crazyy. Alas for BB10 to really excel I think they need to focus on the ecosystem between the BB10 devices, and make "bridge" more exclusive and faster! I choose the buy the 9900 because of not only capable bluetooth tethering BUT also the bridge/remote control functionality as well!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-22-12 09:23 AM
    I too think Bridge is a fabulous feature and makes the phones a workhorse when the data is ran through to the playbook but people need to understand that all it is is bluetooth internet tethering and if you bought a phone which supported the same bluetooth as bridge capable blackberries you could tether non blackberrys to the Playbook too. I read a thread here that was starting a list of capable phones for internet tethering purposes.

I really wish bluetooth (internet tethering) was viable on ALL bluetooth ready devices...Then the playbook would be crazyy. Alas for BB10 to really excel I think they need to focus on the ecosystem between the BB10 devices, and make "bridge" more exclusive and faster! I choose the buy the 9900 because of not only capable bluetooth tethering BUT also the bridge/remote control functionality as well!

Thanks for taking the time to read my entire post, as opposed to selectively taking a snippet of the post that would fit a small minded personal agenda, and responding with an even smaller minded and twisted response.

I agree with what I think you are saying about Blue Tooth and tethering; tethering to the PB can be done with just about any phone that has a hotspot, but that will cost you. What I would like to see is Bridge, which is "free tethering" (for lack of a better term) be made available across all platforms, so that one is not restricted to just BB phones only.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 04-22-12 at 09:42 AM.
    04-22-12 09:34 AM
    Anyone that doesn't acknowledge that the next iPhone and the next Samsung GIII phones will have a big impact on RIM is just kidding themselves. BB10 will need to do more than just match functionality of those OS's it will have to provide an incentive for people to switch platforms, i.e. do something that the others don't or at least do something that they do but much much better. If we don't start getting realistic and demand RIM do better we'll all be using iPhones
    this is also RIM's first shot at a 'current' OS. for someone to think that it WILL match iOS and Andoid, who have been doing this a lot longer, is "kidding themselves". I'd love to see BB10 blow through the gate and take the smartphone market back, i truly would, but to think that that will happen with the first launch of BB10 is a dream.

What BB10 will do for us is bring us up to par with iOS and Android so that we can start to be an option again for all the people that left or are 1st timers
    04-22-12 09:38 AM
    Thanks for taking the time to read my entire post, as opposed to selectively taking a snippet of the post that would fit a small minded personal agenda, and responding with an even smaller minded and twisted response.

I agree with what I think you are saying about Blue Tooth and tethering; tethering to the PB can be done with just about any phone that has a hotspot, but that will cost you. What I would like to see is Bridge, which is "free tethering" (for lack of a better term) be made available across all platforms, so that one is not restricted to just BB phones only.

Nononono.
    I'm saying BRIDGE and Internet Tethering are different.

Bride is a Blackberry Exclusive.
    You can Internet tether (to a playbook) 2 ways. Via hotspot, OR via Bluetooh DUN (dial up networking). Thus, any cellphone that supports can BT-DUN can be tethered for internet purposes to the PB. Check the playbook support forums!

Free tethering can be achieved without a BB but the phone selection is bizzare. I'd have re-search for BT-DUN capable devices... Cheers.

I think personally think btdun is just too slow compared to 4G LTE. But my 9900 doesnt have LTE it has 3.5G so with that said I rather blow my 9900 scren up and browse on the playbook and GASP wait a few seconds for the page to load. People need to get real how fast do you really want ? Is it worth 30$+ a month?

04-22-12 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD