Hey!

Is anyone in the same boat as me as well? What I mean is, who has an iPhone 4S and wish to switch to a BB10 device?

It's going to be hard making the transition. I found it difficult switching from my 9800 not too long ago (this summer) to iPhone. I've always resented my friends and my brothers iPhone saying "Blackberry 10 is going to better!" Yet I bought one, why? Because I was so bored with my 9800. It was slow, most of my friends left BBM, and most of all, the lack of Apps.

I now have an iPhone but I really want to sell it come February when hopefully BB10 is released. But what about my iTunes account? My photos? My purchased music? iMessage - just those in general. I'm going to miss it a lot.

What about you guys? Any advice or similar stories/dilemmas?
    12-13-12 04:17 PM
    you loose some , you gain some. Blackberry 10 will be better. Simply because you previoulsy compared an old device ( 9800 ) to a newer one ( iphone 4S ) with that beeing said, of course the 10 will be smoked the 4s. New, fresh, and better build. This is how technology works. and as for your itunes account, just get yourself a decent ipod..goodluck.
    12-13-12 04:32 PM
    you can use the music you purchased on iTunes on your new BB.....as long as you purchased from iTunes on your PC (and not right off the device)
    12-13-12 05:04 PM
    You can get an iPod touch as a separate music device, and with iTunes and Photo Stream, all your stuff will be on there...
    12-13-12 05:14 PM
    I'm counting down the days to BB10 while waiting patently to have RIM prove all the nay sayers wrong....

Until then my 9860 has and hopefully will continue to service me well. It's not the fastest browser or have 700k apps but for me it's done everything I've needed usually without fail. I have the apps I need and use regularly like box, twitter, facebook, linkedin, beweather, Ameritrade, ScoreMobile, ebay, Cineplex, BB traffic, Google Maps, Vlingo, photo studio and screen grabber, sure there are a few more that I might look at but I'd be hard pressed to get to 70 apps, let alone 700K. I have over 100 apps on my playbook but I find I use the same 10-15 on the regular bases.

With music, videos and photos, no problem because I can sync or download photos and music through the desk top client or when I want through cloud services like box, google drive etc.

As for itunes account, I say no thanks! I haven't officially closed my account but I haven't bought anything through itunes in nearly 4 years and I plan on never purchasing another song, video or book through there. I have all my music on my laptop, nearly 35g's of music (and that's a lot of songs) which I can access through itunes or media player. I'll still use itunes to organize but thats about it. I have the 200 most listened to songs both on my 9860 and on my playbook and anytime I buy music it's usually through 7Digital or some times amazon.

I have friends who've left BB for iphone but I still have a good number of people on BBM, including my wife (the most important one). I'm looking forward hopefully greater integration of BBM in to things like Facebook (which I'm thinking is the route they're going).

So to sum it up, my transition to BB10 should be smooth and easy! it's all about the waiting right now, come on Jan 30!
    chrysaurora likes this.
    12-13-12 05:18 PM
    I have several movies I bought via iTunes and keep to kill time. Anyone know yet if there will be a way to bring them over to a BB 10 device or is it to soon?
    12-13-12 05:59 PM
    Yeah I know SK but I don't think I can afford both an iTouch and a BB10 - depending on the pricing of it, besides, I wouldn't want to hold two 'Luxuries' on me
    12-13-12 06:02 PM
    Would need to see how everything functions and to test the device in hand. They have a big ladder to climb for me to jump ship from the 5 to the 10 iPhone 4S to Blackberry 10-imageuploadedbycb-forums1355445182.097866.jpg

It does look nice though.......
    12-13-12 06:33 PM