I outlined my initial thoughts about the iPhone 4S compared to my experience with BlackBerrys in a post a few months ago, http://forums.crackberry.com/general...inside-675072/

Well, after becoming addicted to a few games on the iPhone related to playing "With Friends", I have decided that those are not a good enough reason to keep me from using the phone I prefer, the BlackBerry Bold 9930.

The iPhone is a very very nice device. I still have issues with the WiFi not being overly smart and a few email issues have been unresolved, but overall it is a very nice device. That being said, I missed the keyboard and customizationability (word?) of my Bold.

I have a newfound respect for the iPhone after my 3 1/2 months of using it, and I may go back to it again for a limited time, but I will always be drawn back to my BlackBerry keyboard!
    bluetroll likes this.
    02-02-12 09:21 AM
    Keyboard is a must for me.
    02-02-12 09:28 AM
    Keyboard is a must for me.
    Same with me. I went to the Storm 2 a while back and lasted about 3 months before I came crawling back to my 9650. I lasted about the same amount of time with the iPhone. I just always forget how much better it is typing on the BB keyboard than a touchscreen.
    02-02-12 09:35 AM
    From my understanding, you've haven't truly experienced an iPhone until you've jailbroken it. Its really a shame you have to do that to customize the phone to your liking.

That would be the first thing that I did if I ever got an iPhone.

Sent from Motorola ATRIX 2 using Tapatalk
    02-02-12 10:50 AM
    Welcome back. Now may I suggest a PlayBook to go with your 9930.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    02-02-12 10:53 AM
    Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-02-12 11:29 AM
    Ive had a PB since day 1!
    02-02-12 11:37 AM
    Sounds like you're happy!

I used to be a BB user and got my first iPhone (4s) on launch day. I've had some issues with it and have been missing BB. Trying to figure out what to do now!
    02-02-12 11:39 AM

I used to be a BB user and got my first iPhone (4s) on launch day. I've had some issues with it and have been missing BB. Trying to figure out what to do now!
    Follow your heart
    02-02-12 11:44 AM
    Follow your heart
    I know it's just a phone and I'm being silly, but I don't want to make a mistake either way....will keep contemplating! Thanks!
    02-02-12 11:46 AM
    I know it's just a phone and I'm being silly, but I don't want to make a mistake either way....will keep contemplating! Thanks!
    I was the same way. I comtemplated it since the first day I got my iPhone. For 3 months I debated it in my head and finally I said, "this is crazy, let me use the BB for a couple days and know for sure." Well, on day 2 of being back with my Bold, I have no doubts about it. It's BB for me!

I had the luxary of getting a $100 9930 upgrade from an insurance claim on my 9650 and was a week away from an upgrade which I used on the iPhone 4S. I was able to hang onto both phones for a total of $300 ($100 insurance claim and $200 for the 4S). So, the point is that I was able to have a chance to use both without having to spend a ton of money.
    02-02-12 12:17 PM
    Welcome back!! I know exactly how you feel eh. Haven't owned a iphone, but played with it quite a bit
    02-02-12 12:20 PM
    I was the same way. I comtemplated it since the first day I got my iPhone. For 3 months I debated it in my head and finally I said, "this is crazy, let me use the BB for a couple days and know for sure." Well, on day 2 of being back with my Bold, I have no doubts about it. It's BB for me!

I had the luxary of getting a $100 9930 upgrade from an insurance claim on my 9650 and was a week away from an upgrade which I used on the iPhone 4S. I was able to hang onto both phones for a total of $300 ($100 insurance claim and $200 for the 4S). So, the point is that I was able to have a chance to use both without having to spend a ton of money.
    You're lucky to have been able to use both devices to make up your mind once and for all! Also lucky you got that pricing! These BBs off contract are so expensive! I paid just $199 for my iPhone but I know that's because I signed a 2 year contract.
    02-02-12 01:41 PM
    I am in the same boat, but with my Android, contemplating a 9900. You know you love BB when this forum is full of doom and gloom, yet I still want a 9900. Thing is my mytouch4G works great, just miss my LED, push email (don't care what anyone says, it is no where near as fast as my BB's were.) , and most importantly the physical keyboard. I mean I get by fine with TS typing, but make way more mistakes compared to my BB.

Who knows, I may just keep going with what I have and see what is coming this spring/summer.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    02-02-12 02:54 PM
    I am thinking of going back to the 9900. I really miss the keyboard and text/email experience. The 4S is a great phone for many reasons, but my main reason to keep it is the maps. I have had the 9900 and loved the keyboard. My dilema is paying full price for the 9900. I am wondering if the newer BB's will be worth the wait?? And how long will the wait be??
    Last edited by dallasjetfan; 04-12-12 at 12:17 AM.
    lball0105 likes this.
    04-11-12 11:52 PM
    I've been a user of most Phone OS's And always migrated back to a BlackBerry.

My first phone was the Motorola PT550. Ronald McDonald donate a $1 and get a phone. "oh those were the days" Then i went from oki, uniden. nokia, startac. i then ventured into my first "smartPhone" was an HP IPaq "windowsmobile" and what a nightmare that was. From the Hp i went into my first BB that is when i saw the light. Started my first experience with a BB8700 side scroll was great! then moved to the curve 8300 once i played with the curve i tried windows mobile again with htc dash "bad move" then back to a Curve 8900ahh back home!!!!!!!! then i had an itch tried again "HTC wing" not thinking straight again! ahh home again too my bold 9200. There is a pattern here. well my journey keeps going from windows 6.5, ios, android, but always back to a BB beast. today i sit with a 9930 backed up with a 32gPBi also use Iphone4 accompanied "notice not backed" with a Ipad2. The BB combo is my workhorse and will always will be. When i have the need to "Draw Something, or Fling pigeons around "idust" the Ipad ,off charge it up, and totally forget about why im charging it. hmmm.

So im patiently waiting the arrival of OS10 and the hardware "hoping its like drinking BlackBerry Wine" i know it will take time to really evolve the os to its full potential. And hoping RIM doesnt blow it and they will need to do this at a rapid pace, i did play with the Nokia Lumia900 very impressive little guy. But i know OS10 will not disappoint!
    04-12-12 05:59 AM
    email (don't care what anyone says, it is no where near as fast as my BB's were.)
    Your gmail/exchange emails aren't instant? As soon as something is sent to my gmail it is on my device. Same way my BB and iPhone were. They all received emails within 1-5 seconds of the emails being sent. When I had my iPhone and BB at the same times, one would always receive an email faster than the other, but not the same one every time.
    04-12-12 08:04 AM
    One of the biggest reasons I went back to a BB was the iPad, if you can believe that. I had an iPhone and an iPad and I never wanted to use my iPhone for any multimedia stuff because it was always better on the iPad. So if I wasn't really using my iPhone for the multimedia/apps, then it became a lot less desirable to use it solely as a phone and messaging device. When it comes to those things, a BB has it beaten by a mile. I can go even further and say that because I have an iPad, I really don't even need a newer model BB. The one I have will do for a long time.
    04-12-12 08:36 AM
    The 9900/PlayBook combo is even better. My iPad is now with my wife.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    04-12-12 08:50 AM
    I love my combo, but it's a bit expensive.

Bold 9930
    PlayBook 32gb
    iPhone 4S (used as an iPod touch, never connected to VZW)
    04-12-12 09:06 AM
    Just purchased my new 9900 off eBay. (fingers crossed) I will be selling my 4S after I receive my 9900. I needed a phone and not a toy. Excited to be back on a BB. Little nervous about buying on eBay, but I am sure. The phone is unlocked which I have never done before and not sure how that affects me at AT&T??
    morganplus8 likes this.
    04-20-12 05:22 PM
    I have been back and forth to the BB from iPhone so many times. I want to go back again to the BB but the only thing that stops me is IMAP. I know I've said it many times on this site but holy cow what gives...Some of us who are not on the enterprise and use BIS we still use it for business. We need need access to all our folders within our mail account. FOr BB not to have IMAP in this day and age when windows 7.5, iOS, and Android all have it is crazy. Some users use to say "well just pay the fee and get on the enterprise." Really? thats the answer?

One can only hope that BB10 addresses this. I have not been on crackbbery for a while so if there was any updates since i've been gone and we now have IMAP please let me know. That would excite me. This might be a minor issue for some but for others its a must have.
    04-20-12 07:21 PM

BB10 is getting closer.....
    04-20-12 08:05 PM
    The email on my 4S is garbage compared to the 9900. No notification light, no real push and sometimes zero notification was the last straw with the 4S for me. I just miss the keyboard and emailing/texting experience from BB. I should have never left TMo for AT&T for the iPhone. Doubt I will ever do that again.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    04-20-12 08:06 PM
    I don't know what came over me that day (that was two months ago) but I woke up and sold both my 9900 and PB32GB to a friend and his wife who are both nuts about BB.

I think at that time I let all those talks about how antiquated a BB phone / BBOS was get to me.

Went to a shop to get myself an iPhone4S. Luckily for me though, the salesperson told me that iPhone5 was coming soon so it'd be better for me not to buy an iPhone4S yet.

So, I got myself an iPod Touch 8GB. Figured that since I was going to get myself an iPhone5, I might as well practice typing on the iPod Touch screen.

Went home and started downloading a number of productivity apps. Was happy about it. Thought that I would become more productive.

To cut the long story short, after a week or two, I came to the realization that I want my BB back!

Got myself a 9780 (another mistake -- my fingers are throbbing) but will be trading it for a 9900 later next week.

Really made a costly mistake. The good thing that came out of this, I think, is that I no longer have any desire to get myself an iOS device. It's just not for me. I guess, I am a BB person after all.
    04-20-12 08:56 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD