• Is it the BROWSER?

12 48.00%
  • Is it the OS?

0 0%
  • Or is it BOTH?

13 52.00%
    This is true. I can say the same for apps such as Thomson-Reuters. In this
    day in age, even the consumer is changing his/her approach because of all
    the different products that are out there now.

But since the thread is specifically talking about an iPhone having a very, very
    slight edge over the 83xx series, I say, the numbers are virtually the same
    anyway. If I was an employee trying to sell these things it would just be much
    easier for me to sell an iPhone to a 23 year old dude who has Pepsi for
    breakfast everyday. It would be hard for me in the store to be showing him
    how the Bloomberg mobile app works on the 83xx as opposed to the iPhone.
    I know that he's already part of the caffeinated society so he wants things
    quickly. He's already viewing news stories on the iPhone while the 83xx is still
    loading the stories.

Remember, I'm talking specifically about an iPhone vs 83xx like the subject of
    the thread. I could also show him a 9000 or 9700 and get much better results
    to make a quick sale. But I still think the dude would be more enamored with
    an iPhone.

I've seen it a countless number of times. I'd tell friends to get a Blackberry
    and within a week they're messaging me asking "How come it won't do this,
    how come it won't do that, blah blah blah. Why didn't I just get an iPhone?"
    The trend is growing at a rapid pace.
    I think this is true. I'm 40, not 23, but I really could care less about Bloomberg mobile or Thomson-Reuters apps. The two things I like most about Blackberry are the email and BBM.

I think Blackberry does need to improve the browser performance.
    12-28-09 01:10 PM
    I have both phones and am satisfied with both. It just all depends the person.
    I'm going to be 27 in April and have used a Blackberry since I was 23 years
    old. It has done its job but so is my iPhone.

But I think that many people are buying Blackberry's for the trend and not for
    the product. Those are mostly the people that don't know 75% of the things
    their Blackberry can do. The way phones are marketed now is plenty, and I
    mean plenty important now. Notice the Blackberry commercials you see now
    as compared to the iPhone commercials. The Apple commercials demonstrate
    certain apps and certain things the phone can do. The Blackberry commercials
    aren't very specific. They already have a trend. But most people now (the
    caffeinated society) don't do their research and jump right into it.

Okay now where's my coffee?!?!
    I think a lot of the marketing differences are due to the fact that the Blackberry is a "mature" product, having been around for over 9 years now. The iPhone has only been around for a little over 2 years, so it is still a relatively new device.

You can see the differences in advertising if you watch the commercials for the Droid, a totally new device. Those have a more edgy feel to them, and they also demonstrate apps and features.
    12-28-09 01:18 PM
    I dont see a problem here. Rim holds three of the top ten spots. Im sure if the iphoney was available in different models like blackberry they would not hold the top spot. They only hold it by 0.3%!!
    12-28-09 01:20 PM
    1st of all thanks for sticking to the topic, its so easy to go of course when trying to find a way for a blackberry to compete with an iphone. And yea the simplicity of the iphone can sell itself but that also goes for the productiveness of the blackberry don't you agreem and I also agree the iphone is just big for the younger population where the blackberry is about a 28 and up device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I would not necessarily say that iPhones are only popular with younger people. I know several retired people who have and love their iPhones, including one man who is a retired teacher.

I also see plenty of Blackberrys used by traditional students at my college.
    12-28-09 01:27 PM
    I have both phones and am satisfied with both. It just all depends the person.

Notice the Blackberry commercials you see now
    as compared to the iPhone commercials. The Apple commercials demonstrate
    certain apps and certain things the phone can do. The Blackberry commercials
    aren't very specific.
    They already have a trend. But most people now (the
    caffeinated society) don't do their research and jump right into it.

Okay now where's my coffee?!?!
    All you need is love....

Some marketing guru came up with this concept. Take the most popular music of all time and show your target audiance how only your product can fill their need.

Case in point, the late for a date guy.... She storms out in a huff, he messages her before she can get past the point of no return....

The real danger is letting Apple define your product, that cost Microsoft dearly and Research in Motion is not about to make that mistake.

On a side note, my teen aged Grandson is thrilled with his new iPhone...
    12-28-09 01:33 PM
    All you need is love....

Some marketing guru came up with this concept. Take the most popular music of all time and show your target audiance how only your product can fill their need.

Case in point, the late for a date guy.... She storms out in a huff, he messages her before she can get past the point of no return....

The real danger is letting Apple define your product, that cost Microsoft dearly and Research in Motion is not about to make that mistake.

On a side note, my teen aged Grandson is thrilled with his new iPhone...
    Yeah I mean compare that commercial to one such as this one by Apple.
    (With an equally annoying song)

There just seems to be more in your face content in the Apple commercials.
    But marketing and/or advertising for a company can change overnight.
    12-28-09 01:45 PM
    The Droid commercial definitely has an edgy feel that would appeal to somebody looking for a cutting-edge device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 02:00 PM
    I think the problem is that they are comparing a phone that is 6 months old (iPhone 3GS) with one that is 3 years old. The other thing that doesn't go into it is people upgrading from a Curve to a Tour/Bold/Storm/Curve2...

It would be better to look at retention from a platform perspective rather than a device-specific one.
    12-28-09 02:13 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD