12-29-12 08:47 PM
31 12
tools
    The commercial and most of their commercials are brilliantly simple. They are meant to communicate coolness and excite people. People that don't know that piano apps are a dime a dozen are the target audience, and hey that is a lot of people.

Comparisons of the iPad and Playbook are old at this point and stating one is better than the other is also over. Both do lots of the same stuff, point taken. No way most people will recommend a PB to others just simply due to app availability. That argument has been played out. PB is a nice device but had lost the market so far.

The commercials make people take notice, remember that decide brand, and highlight cool stuff many don't know. Seems like the point!
    ezapper2 likes this.
    12-15-12 10:47 AM
    So what was your brother's reaction after seeing you do the same thing on a PB? (...and after he went and wasted hundreds on the iPad? heh.)
    he was dumbfounded...
    12-29-12 03:53 PM
    I'd like to see someone playing the piano on several playbooks. They're cheap enough you could have a much bigger keyboard for the same price as an iPad.

i have 2 pb's... not good with 2 hands but can be good with 2 pple
    12-29-12 03:55 PM
    The commercial and most of their commercials are brilliantly simple. They are meant to communicate coolness and excite people. People that don't know that piano apps are a dime a dozen are the target audience, and hey that is a lot of people.

Comparisons of the iPad and Playbook are old at this point and stating one is better than the other is also over. Both do lots of the same stuff, point taken. No way most people will recommend a PB to others just simply due to app availability. That argument has been played out. PB is a nice device but had lost the market so far.

The commercials make people take notice, remember that decide brand, and highlight cool stuff many don't know. Seems like the point!
    People need to be educated as to why BLACKBERRY Products can be sooo good. With the playbook alone I seem to impress soooo many pple with things the IPAD can't touch...
    1) Stream movies, tv shows....Thanks to Flash(which does suck but serves a good purpose)
    2) HDMI output and BT MOUSE/KEYBOARD....Friday/Saturday night movies are usually played from my playbook... I have lots of space on my 64GB and load it up...IPAD friends get really jelous...
    3) Watch live media in my car when hangin at the coffee shop(youtube vids or news). Blackberry Stereo Gateway to my car and WIFI stream from my Blackberry Hotspot. More jelousy from angry bird players...
    4) size...Playbook was always the best size...it fits in some jacket pockets and always in my GF's LV purse...its also very durable..dropped many times and no scratches.

Im sure I can go on and on...my point im trying to make is the Playbook may not be the best tablet out there but if pple knew the power of it then it may have been more popular.
    12-29-12 04:07 PM
    People need to be educated as to why BLACKBERRY Products can be sooo good. With the playbook alone I seem to impress soooo many pple with things the IPAD can't touch...
    1) Stream movies, tv shows....Thanks to Flash(which does suck but serves a good purpose)
    (I can do that on my iPad thanks to Hulu, Netflix, Crackle, abc, fox, ect... All have apps for the iPad, and if its flash only like CBS and Comedy Central stuff, I just use iswifter which plays flash videos or I can get the show from iTunes. )
    2) HDMI output and BT MOUSE/KEYBOARD....Friday/Saturday night movies are usually played from my playbook... I have lots of space on my 64GB and load it up...IPAD friends get really jelous...
    (Don't get why they would. There is an hdmi adapter for the iPad available, you could also always just use airplay and not worry about wires. There is also a 64gb iPad available so they too could store a ton of movies, and if its movie format there are also a ton of movie players available in the App Store to play virtually what ever format you can think of)
    3) Watch live media in my car when hangin at the coffee shop(youtube vids or news). Blackberry Stereo Gateway to my car and WIFI stream from my Blackberry Hotspot. More jelousy from angry bird players...
    (The blackberry stereo gateway is standard Bluetooth, I use it too with my iPhone and iPad, as well as andriod, windows, and blackberry phones I have. Those phones also have hotspot apps, and the iPad also has built in LTE, so again not sure why they would be jealous)
    4) size...Playbook was always the best size...it fits in some jacket pockets and always in my GF's LV purse...its also very durable..dropped many times and no scratches.
    Finally, something we can both agree in, to an extent. I love the Playbook's size for about 99% of the things I would like to do, but I also write digital receipts for my clients for them to sign, and in those circumstances I need the larger screen of the iPad.)

Im sure I can go on and on...my point im trying to make is the Playbook may not be the best tablet out there but if pple knew the power of it then it may have been more popular.
    My remarks weren't ment to bash the Playbook, it's probably my favorite tablet, my point was to illustrate that most tablets out now are very capable, what's missing is the education of the public on what those tablets can do.

In the original post, the guys brother was floored by something as simple as a piano app, something available on all tablets (well, maybe not the touchpad, RIP webOS), but since he saw it on the iPad commercial he went and bought it. Your friends have no idea that their own tablets can do the same things your showing off, and you had no idiea the ipad was also capable of those same feats.

This to me shows that people are still learning about what a tablet can do, and this is where RIM needs to do a better job at showing and highlighting capabilities of the playbook, and not even just the exclusive stuff, but stuff that just look cool even if other tablets are capable of the same thing. As shown in this thread, something as simple as a piano app could mean additional sales.
    12-29-12 04:52 PM

I understand, and some of these the iPad does well. Flash is dead basically also. Also. Android and Windows 8 does all of that pretty much. There are also many things the iPad does the PB doesn't due to apps.

PB is a good device but not superior depending on what you want to do. It is all about what you want a device to do. RIM needs good marketing, and Apple has it.
    12-29-12 08:47 PM
31 12