Hello,

I have a Blackberry 9900 and I am having some issues (I tested this on some other blackberries and they also had the same issues).

There is a site i use that requires me to login. After I login it would keep logging me out after going through a couple menus. After some troubleshooting I realized that my IP address is constantly changing on my phone (Telus is the mobile network) and when it changes it logs me out and I must log back in. I am not talking about changing every hour, but changing every 10 seconds or so. I tested this with whatsmyip.org and verified the ip is constantly changing.

If the phone is connected through WiFi everything works great.

Is there a workaround to get my ip address to be more stable or am I out of luck?
    04-22-13 12:47 PM
    Certain countries always have static IP, others don't.
    Have you contacted Telus about this?
    04-22-13 12:56 PM
    That's all telus.

They aren't the smartest cookies. Some genius must have set their dhcp server to reset your IP every 10 seconds. There is a small check box an administrator needs to toggle.

The bad news, having worked for the evil corporation, you will probably never be able to escalate high enough to find someone that can fix it.

But that's entirely driven by telus. I don't believe you can specify your ip on mobile data so you can't do anything.

Hopefully they will fix it on their own at some point. But I wouldn't wait for it.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:59 PM
    Hello,

I have a Blackberry 9900 and I am having some issues (I tested this on some other blackberries and they also had the same issues).

There is a site i use that requires me to login. After I login it would keep logging me out after going through a couple menus. After some troubleshooting I realized that my IP address is constantly changing on my phone (Telus is the mobile network) and when it changes it logs me out and I must log back in. I am not talking about changing every hour, but changing every 10 seconds or so. I tested this with whatsmyip.org and verified the ip is constantly changing.

If the phone is connected through WiFi everything works great.

Is there a workaround to get my ip address to be more stable or am I out of luck?
    Also having the same issue with Bell. Trying to log in to my website's CPanel from my z10 (and previously my torch) and sometimes when I get in, I click on a couple of menu's and then it logs me out and tells me ip address has changed. It sarted doing this about 2 years ago, before that I was able to log in with no issues. Anyone knows of a workaround that would be great!
    04-22-13 04:21 PM