Pick up the phone with a pretty girl in the bed ?? Nothing better to do? ehh ??
    LWKING and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    08-24-13 02:21 PM
    ...created by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    sevoman likes this.
    08-24-13 02:38 PM
    here is a good video.

I say crackberry addicts are more like that more then any other eco system

more deaths from bbm then any other system
    lets see a sheet metal falling on someone during construction the guy didnt hear the warnings

someone falls off a pier into the ocean while bbming

soneone walks into a tree while posting om their bbm I kid you not I know the guy

lets see someone falls off a cliff while bbming in Washington onto a ledge

Bbry has been known more for being a distraction then any other platform
    08-24-13 03:31 PM
    I'm not sure that anyone can make an effective direct correlation for BBM being responsible for more deaths.
    For one thing, user numbers would argue against it

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 08-24-13 at 04:05 PM.
    Rowan M likes this.
    08-24-13 03:48 PM
    No. Others are for mail, text and complex business and personal use.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry does it best though. Business and personal use is done with BlackBerry Balance.

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    08-24-13 04:06 PM
    BlackBerry does it best though. Business and personal use is done with BlackBerry Balance.

Posted via CB10
    I dont even have that on my Q10. But I dont see it as being that useful anyway. It certainly doesnt come close to making up for all the things you cant do on BB that you can on iOS or Android in my opinion.
    08-24-13 04:08 PM
    BlackBerry users have a very useful and well functioning LED. Therefore, BlackBerry users don't have to pick up and wake up their phones to look at them all the time to see if there's a message there. A simple glance at the LED will suffice.
    Based on comments around here , there is not much use for the LED on a Blackberry these days.

Nothing to report.
    08-24-13 04:13 PM
    Based on comments around here , there is not much use for the LED on a Blackberry these days.

Nothing to report.
    I actually like the LED. Although I will probably use Hub++ to really restrict what activates it.
    08-24-13 04:16 PM
    While I do agree with what posters are saying, in that this is a problem with all smartphone users regardless of platform, this thread is timely for me personally. I have a friend that recently converted from a legacy BlackBerry to an iPhone and she became more (anti)-social with her phone usage practically overnight.

I think that it's because I know that I have a phone addiction, I try harder to not to take it out when I'm around real people. I often laugh with the people that I'm with because I'm often the only one that doesn't have a phone out, yet I have more phones than all of them put together.
    08-24-13 04:20 PM
    As long as you're hooked up through BES 10.

Not many companies at all use BES10 - so Blackberry Balance isn't a selling point.
    08-24-13 05:05 PM
    As long as you're hooked up through BES 10.

Not many companies at all use BES10 - so Blackberry Balance isn't a selling point.
    Yes. Even more so, this thread is about people too absorbed with their phones. That isn't related to whether it is work or personal things they are doing. It is about too much time doing anything on their phones. Balance is irrelevant to this it seems to me.
    08-24-13 05:17 PM
    Exactly! The amount of info I can get from my red blinking light on my Z10 is exponentially better than the 10+ different colors, flash patterns, and flash speeds that I can get on my Nexus 4.
    .....also you only have to be 3 inches away from the nexus 4 LED light to actually see the light...or in a black hole devoid of light and matter. love when they put those TINY LED lights in the speaker grille a'la HTC or the one on the N4. At least Samsung got it right on their SG3/4!
    08-24-13 05:52 PM
    maybe they just did it and she was coming back to bed after going to wash up. just saying. lets not hate on him without knowing the full story
    08-24-13 05:55 PM
    .....also you only have to be 3 inches away from the nexus 4 LED light to actually see the light...or in a black hole devoid of light and matter. love when they put those TINY LED lights in the speaker grille a'la HTC or the one on the N4. At least Samsung got it right on their SG3/4!
    The Nexus 4's LED light is not in the speaker grill, and I can see it from much farther than 3 inches away. I'm not sure which phone you saw, but it really doesn't sound like a Nexus 4.
    08-24-13 06:43 PM
    There's also the Xperia SP that has a clear inlay across the entire bottom of the phone that has 8 different colours it strobes in that can be customised to type of message.

Far more visible than any led I've seen on ANY phone.

Tippy tapped from my iPhone 5, from me to you.
    08-24-13 07:09 PM
    Pick up the phone with a pretty girl in the bed ?? Nothing better to do? ehh ??
    Why is everyone blasting that guy? He is editing the video he just shot
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    08-24-13 08:23 PM
    There's also the Xperia SP that has a clear inlay across the entire bottom of the phone that has 8 different colours it strobes in that can be customised to type of message.

Far more visible than any led I've seen on ANY phone.

Dang I wish I had that on my Xperia Z. I like my LED, but that sounds fantastic.
    08-24-13 09:37 PM
    I can't see the video because of my geographical location. I presume a guy makes love to a woman and then immediately goes to play around with his phone.... To be honest, I've done that. Basically, let her know it's time for her to go home, or pretend I received an important message and have to leave right away.
    08-24-13 10:27 PM
    Dang I wish I had that on my Xperia Z. I like my LED, but that sounds fantastic.
    It is.

pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-24-13 11:16 PM
    Here's another video showing the colours. Handy because its still visible even if the phone is face down. My coworker with the Z also wishes Sony had included it lol.

08-24-13 11:20 PM
    I can't see the video because of my geographical location. I presume a guy makes love to a woman and then immediately goes to play around with his phone.... To be honest, I've done that. Basically, let her know it's time for her to go home, or pretend I received an important message and have to leave right away.
    Nope, it's about a woman who is surrounded by people who don't pay any attention to her because of smartphones. Everyone has a smartphone except her.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 11:21 PM
    Clearly she needs new friends... And a new boyfriend... It's not the phone, it's the people using them.
    08-25-13 12:23 AM
    Clearly she needs new friends... And a new boyfriend... It's not the phone, it's the people using them.
    Exactly
    08-25-13 12:37 AM
    BlackBerry users have a very useful and well functioning LED. Therefore, BlackBerry users don't have to pick up and wake up their phones to look at them all the time to see if there's a message there. A simple glance at the LED will suffice.
    Galaxy note 2 has led. If you download light flow you can pick different colors for different messages.

In addition to the above.. You can simply hover your hand over the sensor and it displays message count, battery, and missed calls.
    08-25-13 12:42 AM
    SO much to say about that video...
    First, the woman is a fool for staying in bed with someone who's looking at his phone when he should be otherwise....occupied...
    Second...didn't we all WANT devices that could keep us "hyperconnected"?
    Third....where is responsibility for demanding respect? To THIS day NOBODY in my family watches TV at the dinner table. And if someone takes out the phone at a family dinner all H3LL and damnation comes from She Who Must Be Obeyed...aka Ma. Let's not blame tech for ineffective child rearing.
    Fourth...if a man is proposing to me and he's trying to film it its endearing. If he's trying to film us kissing that's a teacheable moment.

Fifth....lastly...let's not use smartphones as the scapegoat of all the evils of civilisation. The real culprit is staring back in the mirror.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Nice!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 12:55 AM
58 123