here is a good video.

Last edited by sevoman; 08-24-13 at 01:24 PM.
    bekkay likes this.
    08-24-13 12:49 PM
    If Blackberry users do it less, it's only because they don't have as many things to do on their devices because of the lack of apps and features.

But I can personally attest to Blackberry users having their eyes glued to their phones. In meetings at work, while chatting with people, etc. - I have always had to put up with people interrupting everything just to check their Blackberries every minute and responding to emails/BBMs.

Remember, Blackberry phones pretty much started the whole "glued to their devices" phenomena - that's why it was called "Crackberry" for the longest time. Unfortunately, it's not being referred to that as much because people are glued to other devices instead.
    Donvald, ..Steve.., nquyen and 9 others like this.
    08-24-13 01:07 PM
    Exactly, it was BlackBerry users who invented that culture. Just look at the name of the website you're using right now.
    08-24-13 01:12 PM
    You sound jealous.
    08-24-13 01:12 PM
    ... your friend? So your share values, no?
    08-24-13 01:13 PM
    Also, did not Heins describe BlackBerry's target market as hyperconnected people?

And how come BB10's defining feature, the Hub, comes with Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn out of the box? At least with the other OSes, you can decide if you want to install those or not.
    08-24-13 01:18 PM
    I think that this issue is at a level far above which handset people use. I do think it is an important societal issue. There are really troubling possible changes to attention span and even thought processes. These might be improvements but maybe not. We should probably be looking at this more to understand the impacts. They may differ based on the age when you became so connected as well. It's a very interesting topic but much more global than which handset people use a think.

Posted via CB10
    bennelong, sevoman and Rowan M like this.
    08-24-13 01:29 PM
    BBY is for people that use to text and chat a lot!
    Others are for games, music etc

Sent from my Z10
    08-24-13 01:32 PM

Sent from my Z10
    No. Others are for mail, text and complex business and personal use.

Posted via CB10
    bp3dots and Berry_Pink like this.
    08-24-13 01:34 PM

Sent from my Z10
    A lot of folks expect to do everything on their devices. You don't?
    08-24-13 01:35 PM
    BlackBerry users have a very useful and well functioning LED. Therefore, BlackBerry users don't have to pick up and wake up their phones to look at them all the time to see if there's a message there. A simple glance at the LED will suffice.
    DoktorFace and sevoman like this.
    08-24-13 01:36 PM
    SO much to say about that video...
    First, the woman is a fool for staying in bed with someone who's looking at his phone when he should be otherwise....occupied...
    Second...didn't we all WANT devices that could keep us "hyperconnected"?
    Third....where is responsibility for demanding respect? To THIS day NOBODY in my family watches TV at the dinner table. And if someone takes out the phone at a family dinner all H3LL and damnation comes from She Who Must Be Obeyed...aka Ma. Let's not blame tech for ineffective child rearing.
    Fourth...if a man is proposing to me and he's trying to film it its endearing. If he's trying to film us kissing that's a teacheable moment.

Fifth....lastly...let's not use smartphones as the scapegoat of all the evils of civilisation. The real culprit is staring back in the mirror.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    kbz1960, bekkay, sevoman and 13 others like this.
    08-24-13 01:42 PM
    No. Others are for mail, text and complex business and personal use.

Posted via CB10
    All of them are.
    08-24-13 01:42 PM
    ...its not guns that are the problem, its the people using them? LOL
    mujahid 10 likes this.
    08-24-13 01:47 PM
    ...its not guns that are the problem, its the people using them? LOL
    If a man I'm with rolls over to grab the phone to browse the web, it won't be a gun that's the problem.

08-24-13 01:51 PM
    Also, did not Heins describe BlackBerry's target market as hyperconnected people?

And how come BB10's defining feature, the Hub, comes with Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn out of the box? At least with the other OSes, you can decide if you want to install those or not.
    Yea, hyperconnected as far as being connected/in touch with loved ones and colleagues for the purposes of communication. Not just consuming media solo 24/7.
    08-24-13 01:53 PM

Sent from my Z10
    Guess I'm using my iPhone wrong, then, because I use it for texting and chatting more than games and music.

That's as silly a comment as "tools, not toys".
    SMocek, Djlatino, kbz1960 and 1 others like this.
    08-24-13 01:53 PM
    BlackBerry users have a very useful and well functioning LED. Therefore, BlackBerry users don't have to pick up and wake up their phones to look at them all the time to see if there's a message there. A simple glance at the LED will suffice.
    Exactly! The amount of info I can get from my red blinking light on my Z10 is exponentially better than the 10+ different colors, flash patterns, and flash speeds that I can get on my Nexus 4.
    08-24-13 01:55 PM
    reading your posts, you seem to have a problem with men. i think cell phone usage is the least of your problems. read how many times you refer to 'men'/'man'. what happened?
    08-24-13 01:56 PM
    If a man I'm with rolls over to grab the phone to browse the web, it won't be a gun that's the problem.

sevoman likes this.
    08-24-13 01:58 PM
    reading your posts, you seem to have a problem with men. i think cell phone usage is the least of your problems. read how many times you refer to 'men'/'man'. what happened?
    Um...she was talking about several scenes in the video YOU POSTED that show MEN glued to their phone and ignoring the female protagonist?

Also, she's a woman who is into men and so is talking about intimate moments with a man and what would happen if a man was glued to his phone? What did you want her to refer to, an iguana?
    08-24-13 02:00 PM
    Everyone does this...all smartphone users can be like this. There's good and bad in every smartphone user.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    08-24-13 02:01 PM
    I think BB might want this culture problem.
    08-24-13 02:05 PM
    SO much to say about that video...
    First, the woman is a fool for staying in bed with someone who's looking at his phone when he should be otherwise....occupied...
    Second...didn't we all WANT devices that could keep us "hyperconnected"?
    Third....where is responsibility for demanding respect? To THIS day NOBODY in my family watches TV at the dinner table. And if someone takes out the phone at a family dinner all H3LL and damnation comes from She Who Must Be Obeyed...aka Ma. Let's not blame tech for ineffective child rearing.
    Fourth...if a man is proposing to me and he's trying to film it its endearing. If he's trying to film us kissing that's a teacheable moment.

Fifth....lastly...let's not use smartphones as the scapegoat of all the evils of civilisation. The real culprit is staring back in the mirror.

You said it perfectly, totally agree.
    08-24-13 02:07 PM
    Oh I love men.

That's the thing. I'm straight. When I'm in a moment of intimacy as depicted in the video it would naturally take place with a man.

Although I do have several girl crushes on the forum. But that's a whole other discussion.
    bekkay, Vacmfuzzy, kbz1960 and 2 others like this.
    08-24-13 02:11 PM
58 123