For the past few days I have heard a lot of talk about this new ios7 update, I don't and will never own an Iphone but most of what I'm seeing is complete negatively from their update, I have read on my fb page about 20 posts of how people with the iphone hate the update. So I was curious if I was the only one seeing the negative comments from friends with iPhones? I'm guessing this is because Apple people always say I like the simplicity of the iphone and now that Apple has stirred the pot big time people are not use to such a change and just like BlackBerry 10 people are unwilling to learn something new and quick to judge. I'm also guessing that when ios7 is out for a few months and they get used to it they will fall in love all over. Do you guys think people really don't like it or is it that they don't know it "yet"?

Sent from the Amazing Z10
    09-21-13 09:55 AM
    The sales numbers will show
    09-21-13 09:56 AM
    I've seen a few people with it now and they don't know how to use it yet. It copies the use of swipe gestures from BB10 and like BB10 there is a learning curve.
    09-21-13 09:59 AM
    I've seen a few people with it now and they don't know how to use it yet. It copies the use of swipe gestures from BB10 and like BB10 there is a learning curve.
    Sounds lke food for a lawsuit. If Apple can sue because other phones are rectangular, BBRY can sue on the basis of a gesture driven OS.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using CB Forums mobile app
    09-21-13 10:02 AM
    Apple supporters are use to minor changes and not big modifications that have been introduced to ISO7, it's still a nice piece of software (although not the most masculine) , but it will take time for them to adapt.

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    09-21-13 10:08 AM
    its a change, it will take some time for everyone to get used to it again. Most are going to like it in the end even if they dont right this minute
    09-21-13 10:09 AM
    Sounds lke food for a lawsuit. If Apple can sue because other phones are rectangular, BBRY can sue on the basis of a gesture driven OS.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using CB Forums mobile app
    In that case HP should sue Blackberry since they copied everything from WebOS
    09-21-13 10:14 AM
    People hate change. Didn't we see that here with BB10, all the threads about how legacy was better etc.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    09-21-13 10:16 AM
    I've got an iPhone 5 and I upgraded to iOS7 and I LOVE it.

My coworker, who had said he didn't like it when it was first announced, upgraded too, on day one, and he came back Thursday morning and he absolutely loved it, said he had been wrong all along. My other friend at work also upgraded after having been ambivelent, and she loves it. My program manager, Tim, a big burly guy who said it looked like a Crayola box had vomited all over an iPhone upgraded Thursday night and said he'd been soooooo wrong. It's everywhere on the Metro.....people upgraded and those who had been ambivelent around me are loving it.

People hate change, they resist change. It's all over this forum too, in reference to BB10, and all I can say is that BB10 brought me back to BlackBerry. Not everyone embraces change.
    09-21-13 10:23 AM
    WebOS is dead and HP don't own them LG should sue if anything but unless that dish washer has swipe gestures they can't do anything

09-21-13 10:24 AM
    I upgraded to iOS7 on my iPhone5 and do I love it? Meh... It has bugs, apps crashing. The new icons are comic book looking and the white background theme can be over-saturating. Most of all, there isn't much tweaks to bring it to my liking. I feel Apple has locked the user in taking it regardless how the user feels. It boggles my mind why people are willing to sleep in the streets waiting for mediocre phone like this.
    09-21-13 10:40 AM
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24170429 talk about security flaws

09-21-13 12:26 PM
    BBC News - Security holes unearthed in Apple's iOS7 talk about security flaw

Two options readily available....

1). Turn off Siri
    2). Disable access from lock screen

Problem solved. A fix will be out before you can say Dingleberry.
    09-21-13 02:17 PM
    It's that initial factor if change. Once they use it they are fine.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 02:27 PM
    https://mixpanel.com/trends/?utm_con...e:-2,to_date:0

Possibly the most successful OS upgrade ever.
    09-21-13 05:06 PM
    OK so if you love siri and now have to shut it off to protect your information. How does this help? Like always update will fix it why can't they just get it right the first time?

09-26-13 07:02 PM
    When I first updated to iOS 7, I absolutely hated it. I had to get used to some of the things they changed, and now I love it.

The one thing I do hate about it, I can't shrink a picture enough to fit like I want as the wallpaper. At least I haven't figured it out yet anyway.
    09-26-13 07:18 PM
    It has it's issues but they be fixed as always.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    09-26-13 07:23 PM
    OK so if you love siri and now have to shut it off to protect your information. How does this help? Like always update will fix it why can't they just get it right the first time?

It's fixed. Name the the OS that didn't have bugs when it was released.

09-26-13 07:27 PM
    When the iphone first hit the market I had one. Fast forward to this past weekend I purchased a 5 and a 5c.
    User wise was like I never left, I had no issue setting up mine or my daughters.
    But to answer your question it's extremely simple to use.
    The only issue I had was locating a way to turn off the rear bright white notication light. But that was more me being impatient than anything.

Edit: I also think it and other devices are simple to use if you've done your research.
    Case in point, friends who've owned iphones longer than I have, should know certain little nuances such as closing programs.
    You have to press twice on the home button to get to a screen that shows all your open programs, then flick the unwanted app/program up and off the screen.
    I think this is something an avid ios user should know and or have read about. Not a user who's four days in with the device.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 93Aero; 09-26-13 at 07:54 PM.
    09-26-13 07:29 PM
    Security Flaws are not in the same category as bugs. Having a security Flaw is more like a rodent then a bug just saying

09-26-13 07:32 PM
    Security Flaws are not in the same category as bugs. Having a security Flaw is more like a rodent then a bug just saying

Good job you have no intention of using one then. Me, I prefer the more functional platform and that bug wouldn't have bitten me. Someone even tried to replicate it on my phone and failed miserably. I guess some people are merely prosumers and like what that brings.

09-26-13 07:35 PM
    So now that it's simple to use.. have you used the Z10. If so how do they compare?

09-26-13 07:36 PM
    So now that it's simple to use.. have you used the Z10. If so how do they compare?

Is that a question for me? It's not really a fair question because the Z 10 just does not meet my needs. The applications I use are not available on the Z 10 so I could hardly be unbiased. If I was merely a prosumer and had no need for applications the 10 would be perfectly suitable just as blackberry was suitable for me for a long time until mobile design became common on other platforms.

09-26-13 07:42 PM
    Lol!

BB Z10 Rocks!
    09-26-13 08:03 PM
52 123