I just downloaded iOS 5 (free new phone!) and, as I'm sure a lot of people have seen, to bring up the new notifications page you swipe down from the top. Obviously the iPhone 4 doesn't have a touch sensitive bezel but the swiping down works extremely well. I've been wondering if QNX phones will have bezel gestures that will function like the Playbook and if they will have multi-tasking like the Playbook since that's my main complaint with the iPhone. It looks like at least the gestures seem doable with no bezel or a small bezel. Can't wait to see what RIM has come up with.
    Last edited by AZ87; 10-13-11 at 03:50 AM.
    10-13-11 03:48 AM
    I've loaded iOS5 on my work phone, I'm not impressed in all honesty.. I had the same functionality from a Jailbroken iPhone, so to me nothing was new.. Apart from the iMessage thing, but then I'm not overly sure how that works..

The dictionary shortcode is a very nice addition to the iOS.. Adding something like 'omw' to then say 'On my way!' is useful..
    10-13-11 03:58 AM
    I downloaded it to my iPod Touch, and pretty impressed so far... The Cards app is cool, as is he Newsstand. Messaging too, obviously. Very nice all in all!
    10-13-11 04:05 AM
    Ya. I don't really get iMessage yet. I have friends with iPhones but do they need iOS 5 as well? how can I tell to if I'm messaging someone with an Apple product?

Minor improvements but the price was right (free)
    10-13-11 04:17 AM
    I keep trying to swipe from different sides in apps hoping I can switch to another app or menus will pop-up.

Just noticed that when you are in a message you can now drag down on where the txt msgs are to minimize the keyboard, pretty sure that's new.
    10-13-11 04:24 AM
    I haven't gotten the chance to fool around with iOS 5, but when my bro updates his iphone 4, I'll be having a ball going at it with the stylus. I don't like using my fingers cause it doesn't "get me". Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 05:56 AM
    Ya. I don't really get iMessage yet. I have friends with iPhones but do they need iOS 5 as well? how can I tell to if I'm messaging someone with an Apple product?

Minor improvements but the price was right (free)
    When you open a text message window with someone where you are going to type it has "iMessage" in the box already instead of "Text Message", until you type something of course.

The people who are saying they don't appreciate or recognize the iOS 5 updates aren't using the phone much or haven't read the new features and tried them out - they are fantastic.
    10-13-11 08:19 AM
    iOS5 is awesome. Have it on my iPad. Looking forward to using it on my new iPhone.
    10-13-11 08:22 AM
    When messaging contacts with iMessage, it sends a query as to whether they have iMessage, and if not, it will send it as a text (if they have an iPhone). If they have an iPod Touch or an iPad, they will need to have iOS 5 installed to receive it. iMessage will only send messages to people with Apple products, if you type in someone's email address that isn't linked with an Apple ID then it won't let you iMessage them. It does all the work for you...it does somewhat seem more clunky than BBM as you either type in their address each time, or you have to retrieve them from your contacts - there doesn't seem to be a separate iMessage contact list (unless I've missed something, I'll admit I haven't had much time to play with it fully).

EDIT: rdkempt seems to have got there first, oh well.
    10-13-11 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD