02-22-14 11:48 AM
179 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Here is a typical question I ask of applicants to my company: what in your past experience makes you feel that you're qualified for this job? Be prepared to talk in detail about your past accomplishments, and highlight any creative solutions, improvements and cost savings you realised for your previous employers. Remember, it's not about you, but about what you can do for BlackBerry.

Here is a question I would ask the interviewer: what in my experience is so unique that you couldn't find a suitable candidate internally? This way you can get the interviewer to talk him/herself into hiring you. Leave this one for the end. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    anand_ma and amjass12 like this.
    12-31-13 02:10 PM
    Anyone have any good advice? Haven't been to a job interview in over 10 years so feel like it's all new to me and not sure how things are going to go.

I have no idea how to help you get the job but if you do, here's hoping you and all the rest of the new and existing employees will help contribute to the renewal and revival of this company.

Good luck.
    Pete The Penguin and R Field like this.
    12-31-13 03:14 PM
    Good Luck OP! If you get the job, we will have someone to directly blame the next NOC outage on!

Just Kidding!

or am I.....?
    spyeagle likes this.
    12-31-13 03:20 PM
    Good luck! I wouldn't get to comfy though.
    12-31-13 03:28 PM
    Go for it!! And all the best of luck. Keep us posted.
    12-31-13 06:00 PM
    Good luck on the interview OP
    12-31-13 08:23 PM
    So seems BlackBerry is doing some hiring still. I have an in person interview next week. Quite excited and nervous all at the same time. Thought maybe I would post here for some support and good wishes Seems everyone I talk to in person about it are a little less then supportive.

Anyone have any good advice? Haven't been to a job interview in over 10 years so feel like it's all new to me and not sure how things are going to go.
    They've been hiring for a while I had a PR contact who now has the same position at RIM that she had at her previous employer. Good luck!
    12-31-13 09:00 PM
    Here are a few things to consider for your interview:
    1. Try to be relaxed. Remember that its not the end of the world if you don't get the job.
    2. Read the job posting carefully if there was a detailed one and try to find examples in your work or study that address any requirements in the posting.
    3. What do you consider to be your strengths? Be prepared to talk about these. What characteristics are important for your type of work? Do you have strengths in these areas?
    4. Is there a project that you worked on individually, or as part of a team, that you feel is particularly significant? Why and how did you contribute?
    5. Why do you feel you can make a positive contribution to BlackBerry?
    6. Would the current uncertainty in the company have an effect on your work performance?

Good luck and hope it works out for you.
    anand_ma likes this.
    12-31-13 09:23 PM
    Best wishes and good luck in your job interview OP.

Be yourself.

Stand Sure!

From my Z30 via CB10
    12-31-13 09:25 PM
    Double cohort was 2003 so it's only 10 years, I remember because I was part of it

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 12:36 AM
    Be honest. You may dont want to get a job that doesnt suit you. Dont try to grab the job with wrong promises, it wont be good to you in ling run.
    All the best. If selected, do your best to bring back BB glory :-)

So seems BlackBerry is doing some hiring still. I have an in person interview next week. Quite excited and nervous all at the same time. Thought maybe I would post here for some support and good wishes Seems everyone I talk to in person about it are a little less then supportive.

01-01-14 02:15 AM
    Good luck!!!
    01-01-14 05:26 AM

Opinion is a dime a dozen. You most likely opening up a can of worms. Take any opinion from here with a grain of salt. Everyone has different experience. A person demeanor, character, personality and attitude has a lot to do with job experience. Use your own judgement and best of luck!!!!
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    01-01-14 09:07 AM

Don't know if someone covered this, but prepare good responses for the probing questions, such as

Where do you see yourself in the next 1, 3, 5 years
    Why should we hire you over our other applicants
    What were your lessons learned from your last job? (keep this positive, never rag on past employer)
    Why do you want to join us at this time

Breathe, firm handshake and look at interviewer's eyes, smile, don't cross your arms or lean back, portray a "you and me" attitude and EXUDE confidence without being cocky

Conservative colour suit

Ask about growth potential without seeming to be grabbing

Ask about training/education for growth potential

Best of luck!!!!!
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    01-01-14 09:26 AM
    So once he gets hired on we should be expecting the 10.3 leak soon thereafter? )

Z10
    01-01-14 10:02 AM
    I hope you the best !
    01-01-14 01:17 PM
    Good luck and Happy New Year!
    01-01-14 02:20 PM
    good luck. Blackberry needs more crackberry users in their ranks.
    01-01-14 02:47 PM
    So once he gets hired on we should be expecting the 10.3 leak soon thereafter? )

Z10
    Yeah right. The first clause of the contract is to severe all ties with crackberry
    01-01-14 03:07 PM
    Here is a question I would ask the interviewer: what in my experience is so unique that you couldn't find a suitable candidate internally? This way you can get the interviewer to talk him/herself into hiring you. Leave this one for the end. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    whilst perfectly legitamate, i would be sooo scared to ask such a question looool.
    01-01-14 04:23 PM
    I had many interviews at BBRY in the past before. Never heard back from any of them, though I did come close. not sure if those departments exist anymore
    01-01-14 08:07 PM
    whilst perfectly legitamate, i would be sooo scared to ask such a question looool.
    This is one of the questions I asked at my interview. Landed me a job at Canada's largest telecommunications company.

Posted via CB10
    amjass12 likes this.
    01-01-14 08:22 PM

Z10
    nope just more layoffs

Sent from my XT1053 using CB Forums mobile app
    amjass12 likes this.
    01-01-14 08:35 PM
    Good luck to you, OP. Just be yourself and don't forget to have eye contact and talk with confidence

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 09:02 PM
    Well, I'm a business owner and an employer, and I'd be very impressed if an applicant asked me this question during the interview. Nobody has had the nerve to do so, the closest they got was ask me after they got hired.

Posted via CB10
    amjass12 likes this.
    01-01-14 11:00 PM
179 ... 23456 ...