Best of luck with the interview. Would be a great way to start 2014.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 04:03 AM
    So seems BlackBerry is doing some hiring still. I have an in person interview next week. Quite excited and nervous all at the same time. Thought maybe I would post here for some support and good wishes Seems everyone I talk to in person about it are a little less then supportive.

Anyone have any good advice? Haven't been to a job interview in over 10 years so feel like it's all new to me and not sure how things are going to go.
    Wishing you all the best, and Gods favour in your interview!.......I have found out as someone already said, be yourself, be true as that's the only way you will be relaxed and flow! Now with regards to PMing someone to find out why you shouldn't go for a job you're excited about, if you have not PM'd already, don't bother, life will always be to you as you see it, and its best seen through your own eyes and not the eyes of others. What didn't work for PM guy/gal, may very well work to your best advantage. Again, all the best!
    12-31-13 04:37 AM
    Just be yourself and focus on your transferable skills.

Best of luck

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-31-13 04:57 AM
    Break a leg, kid!

Having gone through the interview process at BlackBerry myself in the past, just be you.
    12-31-13 05:12 AM
    Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 05:30 AM
    You've gotten some great advice in this thread. We all wish you the best of luck. Go into the interview knowing that we are happy for you and wish you all the best.
    12-31-13 05:43 AM
    Good luck!! Just stay confident, be you, and stay relaxed.
    12-31-13 06:40 AM
    What type of interview is it? Competency based or the traditional local focused interview?

I ask because I consult potential candidates to prep them for interviews.

Maybe I can help, I'm in the Christmas spirit.

Pin:2B54AF0E

Posted using my amazing intelligent Z10
    12-31-13 07:00 AM
    Great advice, and what I am doing. Have actually wanted to work at BlackBerry since Mike did a presentation in my OAC Computer Problem Solving class. Considering Ontario did away with OAC credits close to 20 years ago, you get the picture
    ssshhhhhh... I mentioned OAC's the other day and some whipper snapper looked at me all funny... ;P

Try to be as relaxed as you can and make sure you are listening to the questions that they ask to make sure they don't trip you up with anything. I find it helpful as well to try and tie everything back to real world examples. In my field the interviews generally have the same types of questions and I've been on enough of them that I can start tying the questions and answers together so the whole interview becomes one big sales pitch for me, myself and I but I'm sure you will do great!

I wish you all the best and I really hope that you stay active on CB if you get the job but make sure you don't compromise what sounds like your dream job by posting stuff that you shouldn't on here. While it may not seem like it we can be a patient lot when the need arises! ;P
    12-31-13 07:05 AM
    Good luck OP, remember to be confident and treat your interview as a conversation rather.

Posted via CB10
    paper_monkey likes this.
    12-31-13 07:11 AM
    If your qualified, you will do fine. Honesty is the best policy! Let know who you are and the what you know will come out as needed! Good Luck. Hope they pay you well.
    12-31-13 07:22 AM
    Answer the questions BlackBerry ask you, ask them questions and sell yourself.
    Be concise; give relevant examples.
    Be confident.

Above all, relax.
    1st Interview Question : "Why did you choose a username such as 'spyeagle' on the Crackberry forums and what significance does it have for you? '. Lol.

Seriously, if you have a net footprint on social media, be prepared for these questions. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 07:41 AM
    Good luck, and if you get the job please please please work your *** off!
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    12-31-13 08:07 AM
    keep in mind they may want you to delete your acct here,,, & personally, i wouldn'tve posted that here,,, have the mods delete this thread,,, it may put your potential job @ risk...
    1st Interview Question : "Why did you choose a username such as 'spyeagle' on the Crackberry forums and what significance does it have for you? '. Lol.

Seriously, if you have a net footprint on social media, be prepared for these questions. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    i'm not the kind of guy to say, "i toldja so", but in this case i'll make an exception...
    12-31-13 09:16 AM
    Wow! Definitely was not expecting this type of response! Thank you everyone for the kind words and support.

As for my Net Footprint, I am not all that concerned about it as I have always had to be consciences of what I put online.
    12-31-13 09:35 AM
    What type of interview is it? Competency based or the traditional local focused interview?

I ask because I consult potential candidates to prep them for interviews.

Maybe I can help, I'm in the Christmas spirit.

Pin:2B54AF0E

Posted using my amazing intelligent Z10
    Not sure what type of interview it is, just says In Person interview. I will add you on BBM. Thanks
    12-31-13 09:38 AM
    Display your BlackBerry 10 device during the interview or come in and lay on the desk before the interview. Let them know they would be hiring someone who is in the Blackberry camp.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 09:53 AM
    Display your BlackBerry 10 device during the interview or come in and lay on the desk before the interview. Let them know they would be hiring someone who is in the Blackberry camp.

Posted via CB10
    Make sure you're not running a leak though

Posted via CB10
    David in Durham likes this.
    12-31-13 09:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lol better yet my LE Z10

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 10:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    that might be a bit pretentious,,, if they ask, show,,, & make sure it's in silent mode...
    12-31-13 10:15 AM
    So seems BlackBerry is doing some hiring still. I have an in person interview next week. Quite excited and nervous all at the same time. Thought maybe I would post here for some support and good wishes Seems everyone I talk to in person about it are a little less then supportive.

Anyone have any good advice? Haven't been to a job interview in over 10 years so feel like it's all new to me and not sure how things are going to go.
    Congratz on the oportunity, and good luck. Last night my wife was watching one of her TED talks (she is a teacher) and it was about body language and job interviews. Amy Cuddy: Your body language shapes who you are | Video on TED.com
    It was really interesting
    12-31-13 11:21 AM
    Good luck with any and all job prospects. It would be a great way to end the year on.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 12:18 PM
    Good luck with the interview just don't let them see your iPhone

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 12:53 PM
    Good luck!!
    Bring new blood to BB!!

Wow! Definitely was not expecting this type of response! Thank you everyone for the kind words and support.

As for my Net Footprint, I am not all that concerned about it as I have always had to be consciences of what I put online.
    12-31-13 01:32 PM
    I used to work there too was one of my absolute fave and always remembered jobs I will ever be a part of. Best of luck getting in, also their security checks are insane took me a month being an out of school student to get trough them.

Posted via CB10 on my blazing fast Z30
    12-31-13 01:39 PM
179 12345 ...