My school has a wifi network, but in order to connect to it you have to log in on a webpage. When on my pc this webpage comes up automatically. It doesn't do this on my berry. How can I log into this wireless network on my berry?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 09:21 AM
    ... never mind. ...
    08-31-09 09:24 AM
    I believe what the OP wants is the Hotspot Login.

Open your browser, select "Bookmarks", then scroll down to the "Wi-Fi Services" folder. There, you will get the "Wi-Fi Hotspot Login" option. It should take you to the necessary screen to login.

Hope this helps. And Reed, if I apologize if I misunderstood what he was asking...
    08-31-09 11:02 AM
    I can logon using the bb browser..

08-31-09 11:29 AM
    Hmmm. This is always how I log-on to the various hotel wifi networks where I stay. I select Hotspot Login and it takes me to the hotel's login web page, where I enter the passcode they give me at check-in. It then takes me out to the full web.

Maybe it's different at schools.

08-31-09 11:33 AM
    That worked. Thanks!

08-31-09 11:33 AM
    To the best of my knowledge, it is not possible to use a Hotspot that requries a logon password with the Hotspot Browser.

Your suggested technique works on my Open connection, but I am not able to test it on a connection that uses a logon page.
    Reed, your example above seems to refer to UMA, not regular web access. Not sure if that's where the confusion lies. Please clear it up for me if I'm missing something.

To the OP, glad you got in.
    08-31-09 12:39 PM
    One of the reason this is such a great site, there is alwasy something new to learn.

Thanks LuvMyBB, you have made my day.
    08-31-09 12:40 PM
    One of the reason this is such a great site, there is alwasy something new to learn.

Thanks LuvMyBB, you have made my day.
    Wow, I am truly humbled that I could actually help someone as knowledgeable and experienced as you...seriously! Thanks much!
    08-31-09 12:44 PM
    So...here I am sitting at an RV park in Buena Vista, CO wondering how to log on to their WiFi with my BB. It took me about 1 minute to find this page and about another minute to get on their network.
    Thanks, Crackberry nation!
    09-05-09 09:53 AM
    Hahaha...Reed, what you did up there? I saw that. That is awesome...!
    ;-)

09-08-09 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD