Hi guys,

Does anyone know if internet usage and email on blackberry is free when abroad, if it's unlimited in your contract?

Thanks,

xx
    08-06-09 03:16 AM
    Most likey it is not free. It might be unlimited but there is typicall a fee to activate the sim card so you can use it overseas. With VZW I pay a month fee to have access to unlimited web/email. Calls depends on the country you are located in. They charge an amount per minute I believe.
    08-06-09 03:27 AM
    When I went to Canada earlier this year with my US Verizon phone I called VZW and discovered that data costs 0.002 cents per kb, inbound texts were 59 cents, outbound texts were 2 cents. In the US I'm on BES with an unlimited data plan and unlimited texts.

I'm sure other countries would be different (and of course my VZW 8330 would not work in a GSM-based system at all).

My suggestion is to call the carrier to be sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 07:47 AM
    I used the internet overseas.. I called sprint they have a plan for $40.00 a month. You don't have to keep it for the whole month and you can cancel it when you get back.. They will prorate it and only charge you for the days you used it. It allowed me to have unlimited access for the time I was gone for like $1.33 a day.. Check with your provider to see if they have something simular.
    08-06-09 09:03 AM
    I used the internet overseas.. I called sprint they have a plan for $40.00 a month. You don't have to keep it for the whole month and you can cancel it when you get back.. They will prorate it and only charge you for the days you used it. It allowed me to have unlimited access for the time I was gone for like $1.33 a day.. Check with your provider to see if they have something simular.
    This is exactly what I do with sprint. When over seas for 2 weeks they only charged $20 for unlimited access
    08-06-09 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD