We are thinking of gettng a blackberry for out 12 year old. However we would really like to be able to have some way to limit the internet. We keep our family pc in a public place so we have an idea of where he goes on the internet. is there a way to do this for BB?
    01-15-11 01:16 PM
    I don't believe there is a way to do this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-11 01:39 PM
    You would be better off getting your son or daughter a feature phone or an older iPhone. AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless does not block or restrict Push to Talk, BlackBerry email or BlackBerry� Connect services. AT&T Smart Controls: AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless
    01-15-11 01:45 PM
    I have a 13 yr old that has a vortex and had the same concerns. What I did was go in and set a rating for things she was allowed to view. It will block content coming to her phone. I also blocked her being able to receive premium texts and blocked her buying anything from her phone. I wasn't so concerned about her buying things as much as someone getting a hold of her phone and being able to. I am on verizon and they have many parental features built in that are free or low cost, I saw that you are on AT&T and I don't know what they have for parental controls, but I would look on their web site to see. There were others that verizon also had that I did not use but I don't remember one that blocked the internet completely. One thing you do need to watch is to make sure you teach your child how to completely exit an app. There are some apps that will continue using data in the background and you will find that your child runs over and doesn't know why. We opted for the unlimited on Vzw for my daughter because she loves Pandora and didn't want to have to worry about her usage.
    I'll also suggest that you look into feature phones for your child, because if you don't want him/her on the internet then it seems silly to pay for a data plan you don't want him/her to use.
    01-15-11 01:50 PM
    We are thinking of gettng a blackberry for out 12 year old. However we would really like to be able to have some way to limit the internet. We keep our family pc in a public place so we have an idea of where he goes on the internet. is there a way to do this for BB?
    I think the place to start is with your carrier. Talk with Customer service. They should be able to tell you what is available as far as parental controls.
    01-15-11 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD