I have a Verizon Blackberry Storm and have been sending lots of texts internationally (met someone on my last trip to Europe ). Is there anyway to avoid paying the $0.25 per text outgoing and $0.20 per text incoming charged by Verizon? The young lady I'm texting lives in Ireland and I believe she is on the Vodafone network. Thanks!
    06-15-09 03:26 PM
    From what I know, the best way to avoid charges is if she has a BlackBerry, you can add her in BBM and text, send voice notes, pictures, all for free included with your data plan.
    06-15-09 03:37 PM
    Can you get an international texting plan? I text someone in China constantly and for a few dollars I get 250 texts. Much cheaper than the flat rate.
    06-15-09 03:55 PM
    From what I know, the best way to avoid charges is if she has a BlackBerry, you can add her in BBM and text, send voice notes, pictures, all for free included with your data plan.
    yea, that's probably the best way to go. Or if she has a data plan on her phone, then there are other ways around it (AIM, Yahoo, MSN, ect)
    06-15-09 07:25 PM
    If she has a BB, Pin her it's free, I do it with UK and France. If she doesn't have a BB send her an email.
    06-15-09 08:16 PM
    I'm not really sure which carrier she is using but some of them provide free SMS services on their website. If she has a BB, then yes, you may use BBM... if not try something more cross-platform such as GTalk.
    07-01-09 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD