My wife and I currently send pin messages to each other. We are both in the USA andMy understanding is that we don't get charged for this over and above our regular bill (this being a peer to peer service).

My brother in law just picked up a storm on Vodafone in the UK. Will we be charged some fee if we start to pin message each other back and forth?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bbsean; 01-02-09 at 11:09 AM.
    01-02-09 11:07 AM
    If he has an unlimited data plan neither will be charged. Its data, so as long as noone goes over their allotment there won't be any charges.

01-02-09 11:09 AM
    hey i got a Q relating to this.
    what if i had a data plan in canada, but went to the us and used bbm to msg someone back in canada, will i get charged?
    like i know theres data roaming fee, but does using bbm get charged like the roaming charges?
    01-02-09 03:34 PM
    I would think so because it would be using the data to connect to the BIS or BES to send the message.
    01-02-09 08:39 PM
    Thanks Sith!

If he has an unlimited data plan neither will be charged. Its data, so as long as noone goes over their allotment there won't be any charges.

01-02-09 09:23 PM
    hey i got a Q relating to this.
    what if i had a data plan in canada, but went to the us and used bbm to msg someone back in canada, will i get charged?
    like i know theres data roaming fee, but does using bbm get charged like the roaming charges?
    There isn't any segregation of data (e.g. email, internet browsing, BBM). Data is, well, data. Any data being used outside Canada will be charged at the applicable data roaming rate.
    01-02-09 09:40 PM
    So... the verdict here is that sending international PIN messages will not incur any extra costs?
    01-03-09 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD