I have owned a Storm since late February, have downloaded the latest .148 OS and regularly check crackberry for gps issues. However, I have searched hi and low on this sight and many others regarding the google maps gps issues. Ive been told the Storm has been unlocked and such but I consistently get a "waiting for gps" message. I recently traveled to St. Louis and stood in the middle of a wide open parking lot with NO obstructions and I was still unable to find a GPS signal.. Any insight will be GREATLY appreciated... THANKS
    06-29-09 10:51 AM
    Is your GPS turned on?
    Go to:
    Options | Advanced Options | GPS |
    Select GPS Services - Location ON.

I bet its set at E911 only right now.
    06-29-09 11:47 AM
    As an edit - I'm not familiar with Google Maps.
    I use the built-in Blackberry Maps program, and it works great. I use it all the time on my Storm.
    06-29-09 11:48 AM
    Ya its on.. Like I said I have the latest OS and it also has a lot of issues with poynt, weatherbug, and a few others. I get a cell-site location on poynt and weatherbug will no locate my position. I've tried everything
    06-29-09 02:28 PM
    im in the same boat as you, dude. i did the GPS fix and STILL no gps with googlemaps. the gps fix did wonders for my curves each time but no such luck with the storm ): BUT - poynt and such work fine now after the fix so just no gmm love for storm at this point. which really funkin blows cause theres no better mapping program out there (that i know of) that has satallite view like gmm oh well, such is life
    06-29-09 06:01 PM
    Whats the gps fix???? Every storm seems to react differently so it might work for me... The google maps is so inconsistent. Sometimes it will be within 3 meters which is about 9 ft.. Thats insane. Then other times it'll say within 2100 meters and be a whole mile off. I hope that gps fix will work.. Just let me know the particulars when you get a second.. That would be great
    06-30-09 01:00 PM
    Google Maps Still does not work for Telus / Bell Storm users.

GPS temporarily unavailable - Google Mobile Help

Its supposed to work for Verizon though

Official Google Mobile Blog: Google Maps on Verizon's BlackBerry Storm now uses GPS for My Location
    06-30-09 01:32 PM
    Yea i Know i have that already... for some reason i still have issues with it and I cant for the life of me figure them out. Ive tried everything... Anyone know what that gps fix is? If there even really is one.
    06-30-09 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD