Had to send my Z10 back for a crackling speaker issue that cropped up in the last month or so. Not surprised, as I use it daily on jobsites and service calls, kick the cr@p out of it, drop it in the snow, have it covered in dust and grit outside, generally pretty hard on it. Telus RMA's it. No problem, well within warranty.

So I have my old Torch 9810 re-activated for the interim, not a big deal, just need it to get by until the Z is returned.

Well, after the initial 'oh yeah, no hub, swipe or 'new' apps' phase, dammit, I find the faithful old girl KICKS A$$.

Call quality? Excellent.
    New BBM update for OS 7.1 with channels.
    All my charging cradles ready to go, at work and at home.
    Battery life? Three days.
    BIS e-mail... Boom, now!
    Damn, I really missed the slider... Excellent physical keyboard.
    Legacy apps... ATB banking, Work TimeClock app, Jazz Radio for BB, basically stuff I forgot I had.
    Spinning clock? Nope. Rarely had it when it was the daily driver, not a hiccup in the past week.

PlayBook comes to life again with full bridge capability... Texting, BBM, calendar entry, incoming phone call display... I've entered more appointment and contact data in the last week through the Playbook than into my Outlook calendar. Leave the Playbook on the desk and grab the Torch on the way out the door to the next service call, it's all there.

Just picked up the Z10 on the way home (new unit, 7 day turnaround) and now get to re-load 10.2.1.1055 and all my saved data. Impressed with Telus for the first time since, well, ever.

Think I'm going to keep the Torch at work and use it for daily jobsite work.

In the rush for newer and better, don't overlook what works, and works well. Just had a reminder of that.

Cheers,
    howards, JeepBB, ghundiraj and 1 others like this.
    11-28-13 09:11 PM
    Nice, I still keep my two torches 9800 and 9810, I loved them so much and of course I still use my PlayBook every single day
    11-28-13 09:21 PM
    Man, making me miss my Bold 9900 now. That was a sexy phone.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    11-28-13 11:20 PM
    Man, making me miss my Bold 9900 now. That was a sexy phone.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    This

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 11:52 PM
    The 9810 was so underrated. I had one in addition to my two 9900s that I was using at the same time, and the Torch was just as good to me as my Bold was. It had a great battery, the auto focus camera, great build quality. It was just a nice device that never got the marketing that it deserved.

I had Spotify, Pandora, Shazam, BlackBerry Traffic and BlackBerry News. I was a happy camper with that phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 02:12 AM
    Had to send my Z10 back for a crackling speaker issue that cropped up in the last month or so. Not surprised, as I use it daily on jobsites and service calls, kick the cr@p out of it, drop it in the snow, have it covered in dust and grit outside, generally pretty hard on it. Telus RMA's it. No problem, well within warranty.
    No offense intended, but it bothers me when people beat up something they use, and then return it to get a new one for free. We all pay for your misuse of the product. If the phone malfunctions from NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR, then the warranty should be honored. But dropping it in snow, kicking the cr@p out of it (your words), having it covered in dust and dirt, etc., well, you should have to pay for repairs. Taking unfair advantage of Telus and/or blackberry.

Sorry. Don't mean to start anything, and I appreciated your post. As penance, I hereby request that you convince one additional android or iphone user to get a bb10 device.
    11-29-13 06:09 AM