I thought CB is now only crowded with people using Android CB forum app. After reading this thread I now know lots of Devs are here too.

I think I will try to steer off from CB as much as I can, because I'm only a customer. I only want to be able to use blackberry until the world ends. I don't have other agenda.

One thing for sure, BlackBerry needs to hear from it'customer too. Not only from people from other platform using other platform CB forum app. Not only from Devs demanding more money from BlackBerry.

Hear me Mr Alec Saunders. Once you let headless apps in without user's permissions control, you will get more complaints from heating up and battery draining devices.

I think I will spend more of my precious time on BlackBerry support forum. For CB, I will only stick to the front page. I will avoid forum. Too many noises.

Posted via CB10
    So you can't come to CB because there are three developers posting in a thread?
    07-15-13 11:59 AM
    So you can't come to CB because there are three developers posting in a thread?
    Maybe they are simply frustrated that the tread went from a thread about Alec trying to motivate users to ping developers to let them know we exist (and it was a good thread with a BlackBerry employee pitching in) getting derailed once completely off topic about the PlayBook and then it getting completely derailed to become about memory management and RTOS.

A good discussion, but off topic thread capping is frustrating and it makes it hard for others to pitch in and follow along.

The mods should sever this conversation into its own thread as it does hold value, but not under this title.

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    07-15-13 01:04 PM
    Often conversations progress naturally from one topic to another - I don't think it matters.

Providing the discussion is sensible (unlike a few who turned the thread into a free-for-all mud sling while Alec was posting) I don't mind.

Posted via CB10
    Toodeurep and peter9477 like this.
    07-15-13 04:22 PM
    Often conversations progress naturally from one topic to another - I don't think it matters.

Providing the discussion is sensible (unlike a few who turned the thread into a free-for-all mud sling while Alec was posting) I don't mind.

Posted via CB10
    That was unfortunate... The thread was a great opportunity to engage BlackBerry on a personal level until it turned...

Too bad. Perhaps the next time a high level BlackBerry insider decides to engage us CB users, we won't allow the thread to be hijacked! That being said, thanks for the thread Deckard!
    Toodeurep and drewread like this.
    07-15-13 04:32 PM
    Well I'm sure people working at BlackBerry are keeping an eye on this forum.

They better have a way to reach out to us. Imagine if Thorsten Heins suddenly posts here. Haha

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 06:10 PM
    Well I'm sure people working at BlackBerry are keeping an eye on this forum.

They better have a way to reach out to us. Imagine if Thorsten Heins suddenly posts here. Haha

Posted via CB10
    He's posted a few times
    07-15-13 06:10 PM
    Mods - I think we need to remove inflammatory posts from this thread, as there are many.
    Posted via CB10
    You mean like the one where I have a multi-millionaire tell me that I have to do his job for him because he can't....oh, and by the way he'll still keep getting his millions and I'll get nothing? That kind of inflammatory? Give me a break
    tstrike34 likes this.
    07-15-13 07:32 PM
    Seems like some are getting lost in the technical details. The bolded part is demonstrably false. What we should do is bring it back to practicalities, back to features that the end user finds valuable.

Can you name just a single background task that is possible in BB10 that is not possible for third party apps in Android? Just one example in which Android will pause while BB10 happily chugs along.

Now while you are thinking of one example, let me list a few examples of Android multitasking that I use on my phone, some of them I use daily. These are things that I could not do readily on my Z10.

Here are examples of background services that started out on desktop OSes, which BB10 can't run even though it was hyped (by fanboys) to be as powerful as desktop OSes.

• VPN Proxy for privacy bypassing country restrictions (Tunnelbear)
    • System wide ad blocker
    • Anti-theft, discreetly take a picture of the thief, see what they're up to (Cerberus)
    • Automatically cleanup all app related files once an app is uninstalled (CCleaner)
    • The ability for the phone to become a DLNA, DNS, Email, FTP, IRC, Proxy, SMB, SMS, SSH, Web, WebDAV, XMPP server (Servers Ultimate)
    • Play Youtube in the background

BB10 might get these later in the year when headless apps and geofencing arrives.
    • Location based reminders. With Google Now, you just say "remind me to pick up catfood next time I'm at Petsmart
    • monitoring tools for data usage, battery usage
    • Log GPS tracks in the background (MyTracks)
    • Share real-time GPS tracking (Glympse)
    • Send a text message or email when entering or leaving a geofence. "Honey I've left the office" (Tasker)
    • Change profiles based on location (LLama)
    • Customize LED notifications

And of course there's the video running in multiple windows. The feature which, when it was possible on the Playbook, fans touted as *the* example of true multitasking. Suprisingly though, when Samsung had an implementation where you can actually interact with said windows, it was relegated to a gimmick.
    • run two or more apps in foreground windows. This is a must if BB plans to use the phone to be a future desktop alternative
    Interesting points. I still don't like android but you write about it advantages very well.
    07-15-13 09:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Mud-slinging to one person is constructive and accountability-oriented criticism is to another.

07-16-13 05:42 PM
309 ... 111213