I wonder if Vivek in the tweet is referring to the leaked images we've seen or the dev alpha hardware.
    Attached Thumbnails Interesting tweet from Vivek about the hardware-munch_2012_12_08_220913.jpg  
    12-08-12 09:14 PM
    I wrote in another thread that the leaks of the L-series might be a red herring to what the final device will look like. Obviously for the L-series it's a screen with a back, but RIM can still surprise us I think.
    ibpluto, sydsam and sinfocomar like this.
    12-08-12 10:26 PM
    I think he's. Referring to the L series. If its true then how excIting is that. Maybe the aristo will show up
    Knightcrawler and sinfocomar like this.
    12-08-12 10:27 PM
    I think he's. Referring to the L series. If its true then how excIting is that. Maybe the aristo will show up
    I keep saying to myself the Aristo won't happen till 2014...but I want to believe it will be the launch device oh so bad.
    12-08-12 10:30 PM
    they would definitely silence all the haters and suprise A LOT of people!
    sinfocomar likes this.
    12-08-12 10:36 PM
    The aristo is not for everyone. I am fairly certain that the L series will appeal to the biggest crowd and they will lead with that. The aristo can come later once bb10 establishes itself in the market a little bit IMO.
    12-08-12 10:44 PM
    Aristo is flagship device, don't expect it till next Sept at least, L and N are high end devices, mosty aimed for NA market, after that they need to release lower end devices to sell high volumes out side of NA and then Aristo can come out for those that want a true superphones.
    jakie55 and howarmat like this.
    12-08-12 11:03 PM
    The aristo is not for everyone. I am fairly certain that the L series will appeal to the biggest crowd and they will lead with that. The aristo can come later once bb10 establishes itself in the market a little bit IMO.
    why do you say its not for everyone?
    12-08-12 11:06 PM
    why do you say its not for everyone?
    Its going to be a premium price and the screen is much bigger than the L series. it will be the size of many current androids. Many people on here comment all the time they dont like big large screens that androids are known for. The L series is actually a larger device than it should be IMO. They need to kill off the bezel as much as they can.
    12-08-12 11:27 PM
    Give Me A 5.5 inch BB10 phone and i will be a Happy camper.
    T-Raww likes this.
    12-09-12 12:10 AM
    I'm getting the L - Series. When it releases, then happily wait for Aristo! After all, at that point I will be blissfully enjoying BB 10...I've been patiently waiting almost 2 years with NO BB 10!!!!!!!!!!
    #BB10Believe
    00stryder likes this.
    12-09-12 01:15 AM
    P. S. - QNX with dual-core will be superior to anything else with quad...so there!
    As always - the proof is in the pudding...
    12-09-12 01:17 AM
    Aristo is flagship device, don't expect it till next Sept at least, L and N are high end devices, mosty aimed for NA market, after that they need to release lower end devices to sell high volumes out side of NA and then Aristo can come out for those that want a true superphones.

I can't see the first phones as being designed for the NA market. BB needs to produce good sales numbers to get back in the game and create momentum for release of other products later on. Good sales can only be built on attractive specs and prices for their GLOBAL customer base. The CEO has stated that BB will be releasing 6 phones this year to meet the high, middle and low end markets. Given that, if Aristo is the high end (I agree with you that it has the high end specs), then we'll likely be seeing the phones designed for the mid-range as the Company will surely not start off with the base model. Again, forget about being North American centric here. It's a global marketplace and BB executive (which is now mostly European by the way) has to be thinking about that first. NA needs to be a win too but the company won't alienate its client base elsewhere to satisfy NA.
    12-09-12 01:38 AM
    Well think of it in car analogy L and N are like 5 series bmw and they are aiming it for entire world but not everyone can afford it, after that they will release their 'curve' models probably in qwerty and touch editions (3 series) that will sell in high numbers in markets where masses can't afford higher end L and N, and after that they will release Aristo (7 series-flagship) device that will be available for the entire world but will be mostly purchased buy NA market that can afford those dovices. That gives u 5 devices, 6th device (he didn't say phones but devices) could possibly be another playbook, possibly 10 inch edition
    alan510 likes this.
    12-09-12 01:49 AM
    Well think of it in car analogy L and N are like 5 series bmw and they are aiming it for entire world but not everyone can afford it, after that they will release their 'curve' models probably in qwerty and touch editions (3 series) that will sell in high numbers in markets where masses can't afford higher end L and N, and after that they will release Aristo (7 series-flagship) device that will be available for the entire world but will be mostly purchased buy NA market that can afford those dovices. That gives u 5 devices, 6th device (he didn't say phones but devices) could possibly be another playbook, possibly 10 inch edition
    The analogy is OK but the car chosen is wrong. It's more like a Mondeo and a Camry that third world people still can't afford. The flagship might be a 3 series Beamer. One that "does".
    12-09-12 02:01 AM
    The analogy is OK but the car chosen is wrong. It's more like a Mondeo and a Camry that third world people still can't afford. The flagship might be a 3 series Beamer. One that "does".
    Are we seriously going to play this game now?
    12-09-12 02:09 AM
    Are we seriously going to play this game now?
    We don't have to. I can be right in silence.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    12-09-12 03:19 AM
    I expect the Aristo to be alike the 9981 Porsche. Exclusive and ... highly expensive IMHO.
    TommyBB likes this.
    12-09-12 04:05 AM
    Newsflash from the third world....Mondeos and Camrys don't sell here. Manufacturers who are rapidly expanding their operations here...BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Range Rover, Jaguar. I should know, I work in the automotive industry. It's not the 1960's buddy....come out of your cave.
    12-09-12 04:24 AM
    Newsflash from the third world....Mondeos and Camrys don't sell here. Manufacturers who are rapidly expanding their operations here...BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Range Rover, Jaguar. I should know, I work in the automotive industry. It's not the 1960's buddy....come out of your cave.
    we have camry here, but no mondeos range rover, jaguar, roll royce, audi, bmw, mercedes, mclaren (latest exotic manufacturer) come to our country.
    If Aristo will be the exotic bb just like porsche, I'm sure the stock will not long last here. Even the porsche is out of stock right now (for regular and gold version).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    Dapper37 and The Furbz like this.
    12-09-12 04:31 AM
    That's because of a low Gini index, and low per capita GDP. Basically, people who can afford to buy cars, can buy whatever they want, but there's very few, so the number of cars per capita is very low. In the US, there's about 800 motor vehicles per 1000 people. In India, there's 20 per 1000 people. It's similar in China where I am with a higher Gini index. There's about 170 motor vehicles per 1000. You see a much higher proportion of BMW, Audi, and Mercedes in China than in the US, but also a much lower number of cars. Again, people who can afford cars can buy whatever they want, but the number of people who can afford cars is very low compared to countries like the US.
    notfanboy and gjohnsto like this.
    12-09-12 04:45 AM
    That smells too much like a company telling me they know what I want better than I do. I know exactly what I want : choice. I don't want to be told I can only have 'some' options, and that I have to wait for others. Give me all of your variants at launch and let ME decide what's best for ME.
    12-09-12 05:15 AM
    Aristo will not come out at launch. Many of us including myself would skip right over the L series phone and purchase the Aristo. If they out the L, and the N, and then the Aristo, people like me will likely buy all of them thus increasing their sales.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to have the Aristo right out of the box, but I don't see it happening.
    12-09-12 06:13 AM
    I don't think you reflect the average consumer though. Most people don't shell out hundreds of dollars on mobile phones a scant few months apart. Tech enthusiasts do that, not average consumers, so no, I disagree with your theory that staggering launches will get people to buy both. People like you yes. Most people no. The average reaction would be "wtf, I just bought this phone, locked into a contract, and now you show this other phone just a few months after the fact?"
    People like up-front behaviour from a company, not marketing gimmicks. Show me what you have out the gate, and let ME decide whether I want an entry, mid, or high level phone, not you.
    bigbadben10, ctuffy and jagrlover like this.
    12-09-12 06:54 AM
    Metooooooo!!!

Sent from blackberry playbook
    12-09-12 07:30 AM
105 123 ...