I have been preaching the BlackBerry brand here in the USA and recently I have shown my z30 to several of my clients who all liked the device and also like OS10.

Their comments would be I really liked my older BlackBerry because it just worked!!! They also tell me that they prefer a simpler device to just handle their emails and messaging, hum!!!

Then I would ask the question, why don't you come back to BlackBerry? They are all very open on this subject,but their issues involve the long term stability of the company and lack of current products being supported by their respective carrier.

They also asked if some of the popular apps that are available on android and IOS are available in the BlackBerry World? I then proceed to inform them that the new 10.2.1.x will run the majority of the Android apps.

They seemed surprised that BlackBerry is able to do this, but they are still not going to abandon their current platform until they see the BlackBerry is going to be around for a while.

I really do feel that allot of folks are ready to come back to the brand because they really do not like IOS or Android and they miss their old reliable BlackBerry.

But, until the BlackBerry brand can be rebuilt here again, I don't see anything changing any time soon which is a real shame. I hope to see BlackBerry rebuild the brand here because it really is a messaging machine.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    Last edited by bakron1; 07-17-14 at 05:45 PM.
    07-17-14 05:23 PM
    I agree, even here in Toronto, the "Blackberry is not going to be around much longer" spiel is quite pervasive. And Rogers, which got very rich off of 12 years of Blackberry is treasonously shallow in it's support of new devices. John Chen really needs to pull off a couple more good quarters like the last, mixed with a very cheap and effective form of advertising and the young will come back as well as the old. a machine it is indeed, but not just for messaging, for navigation, productivity and media consumption as well, it just does it all so beautifully!
    07-17-14 05:47 PM
    How long do people usually keep smartphones?

One year? Two years?
    And they are worried their phone might run out of support soon? BBRY will still be around, and if not, they'll buy a new phone anyway when it's time to upgrade. Also, the phone does not simply stop working...

Just email, text and calls? Then asking about apps?
    That's a bit schizo, but they probably just mean WhatsApp, Instagram, FB, etc.

Sometimes people's sentiments and statements are a bit weird. Often based on emotions instead of facts and reason.

I appreciate your post, bakron1.
    No negativity here, just curious, and I'd like to keep the discussion alive.

Pasted via CB chen
    07-17-14 05:53 PM
    Bruhhh we already know this! But less talk more action needs to come from BB! It really dull nowadays coming on crackberry and see all the "what makes BlackBerry great? Why don't more people choose blackberry? This is why ios stinks! BlackBerry needs to do more marketing!" all those threads turn into a war of words about the same thing we've been talking about for a year!

I'd much rather see threads about trending apps on BB world, BBM pins to meet and greet new people, a cool feature someone might have found, etc.

Agree? Disagree? Either is ok!

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 05:58 PM
    BlackBerry's new marketing guy gets it - and is the first to build different mechanisms to "Fight the FUD".

Fear, Uncertainty, & Doubt

These in my opinion... kill any opportunities for comeback no matter if BlackBerry comes out with a hot device or a must-have service.

The mindset & sentiment must change sufficiently before a turnaround can happen, on both the consumer and enterprise sides.

Boulben likely thought the great devices would sell themselves, but they haven't. The brand is too tarnished.

I believe Chen and his old marketing friend from Sybase days have been through this rodeo before, and are on a good path now though.

We can all do our part to fight the FUD as well - though it's hard not to come off as a DUD when defending BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 likes this.
    07-17-14 06:04 PM
    BlackBerry's new marketing guy gets it - and is the first to build different mechanisms to "Fight the FUD".

Fear, Uncertainty, & Doubt

These in my opinion... kill any opportunities for comeback no matter if BlackBerry comes out with a hot device or a must-have service.

The mindset & sentiment must change sufficiently before a turnaround can happen, on both the consumer and enterprise sides.

Boulben likely thought the great devices would sell themselves, but they haven't. The brand is too tarnished.

I believe Chen and his old marketing friend from Sybase days have been through this rodeo before, and are on a good path now though.

We can all do our part to fight the FUD as well - though it's hard not to come off as a DUD when defending BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I sure hope the new guy can make a difference and change folks perception of the BlackBerry brand here In the USA and the reset if the world for that matter.

Until then, I keep preaching the BlackBerry brand and OS10 to anyone who has an open mind. So far I have got a couple dozen folks to come over to BlackBerry and haven't had any complaints from any one of them. To me, it's a good start.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    johnm137 likes this.
    07-17-14 06:27 PM
    I think someone's been into the liquor cabinet! (just kidding).

Look, i know you love Blackberry and think everyone else should too. Its capable. It can get the job done. There's only one problem; people have moved on and have no real reason to come back. Sure they could, but they are embedded into a different system now. Not many people use multiple OS's like me and others on here. They have spent money on apps, accessories, etc. and are not going to start over. You have to be able to accept they are now a niche player and be happy with that or stress over it.

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    07-17-14 06:29 PM
    In the USA, I would rebrand BlackBerry under the name Fox for Foxconn starting with the Passport and a 1080P higher spec Z3.

Interesting to me that over the last 90 days of all of the current and planned BB10 devices the most internet searches by a large margin are for the Z10 and Z3. Maybe BlackBerry should be aiming to be the best value smartphones. (Google Trends)

I would upgrade the camera and battery on the Z10 and a better screen and LTE for the Z3.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 07-17-14 at 11:00 PM.
    johnm137 likes this.
    07-17-14 10:09 PM