If they bridge the app gap then they already leapfrog the competition in the opinion of many people who find the actual OS to be superior to the alternatives.
    I know someone in the UK who is a huge BB enthusiast. He will not use anything other than BB.

He has a new job now and his company is encouraging him to choose another device, other than BB. He is pushing hard to keep his BB and went to look at the Z10. He owns a PB. He is heavily invested in the BB way of doing things.

His impression of the OS, in a word, was "Complicated."

When I pointed out that people on this site have said the OS is intuitive, his response was "Bah!"

This person has a 9700 and skipped on the 9900 because of the crappy camera....he uses it as part of his job. He was really pushing for BB10. To hear someone who is really heavily invested in BB's way of doing things refer to the Z10 in such less than glowing terms, I'm concerned as to the ultimate adoption of BB10. Many people love it, as they have said here. I haven't seen it. But to hear someone I know to be a huge BB person have reservations is disconcerting.

Let's hope, for the sake of keeping BlackBerry alive, autonomous, and without being bought out by anyone else, that BB ultimately does leapfrog the competition.
    MC_A_DOT and jegs2 like this.
    03-13-13 06:04 AM
    Cnbc should be cancel for this terrible article

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 08:58 AM
    @qbnkelt I've heard this from another person who was seriously invested in the blackberry environment, but I feel that so much of that is just resistance to change. People want everything new and everything to remain the same, but blackberry cannot be all things to all people, and I think this iteration of blackberry is already world class and has enormous potential moving forward. If the core blackberry fans fail to make this buy in, then the future of blackberry as a handset manufacturer will be sealed.

That said, I cannot think of a more complicated mobile Os on the market than the legacy bbos (although, for power users it is the cats pajamas - though I think bb10 will be caught up by 10.1, and surpass with 11)

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 11:33 AM
    I work in the aviation industry, and i have Pandora, tunein radio and Nobex radio on my torch 9850, guess how many times a day i ACTUALLY have time to use them.....ZERO. sorry When i am at work, I AM AT WORK. my phone is in my holster, because i am ON THE JOB. Not having an app is not going to change my desire for the Z10.

People need to stop being distracted by their phones apps and do their jobs.
    Bloody good job people don't have personal time then
    03-13-13 12:56 PM
    Windows phones dont have (never had) Instagram or Pandora either so...........
    I'd prefer if the Z10 wasn't linked with the crappy Windows phone.
    03-13-13 01:05 PM
55 123