Also, can you tell us if this is a universal type case that can fit several smartphones of around the same size?

Or is it one case per smartphone model?

In the case of the latter which seems more easily doable since you're adapting your mold to one specific smartphone model, then a good place to start is the most popular ones such as the Galaxy S20/+, Pixel 4a, etc
    It's a universal design that works for pretty much all smartphones. I do not need to make it work with specific phones.
    the_boon likes this.
    08-24-20 09:52 AM
    Just show us a render/prototype that this thing actually exists...
    08-24-20 07:06 PM
    Just show us a render/prototype that this thing actually exists...
    He doesn't owe us anything. He's kind enough to be giving us a heads up at all.
    08-24-20 07:24 PM
    He doesn't owe us anything. He's kind enough to be giving us a heads up at all.
    then he shouldn't be expecting to receive valuable and critical advice from his "potential customers"
    08-24-20 07:53 PM
    then he shouldn't be expecting to receive value and critical advice from "potential customers"
    I'm pretty sure he's asking, not insisting. I was happy to fill out the form. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    08-24-20 07:55 PM
    then he shouldn't be expecting to receive valuable and critical advice from his "potential customers"
    I don't see any other manufacturer offering add-on keyboard options at all...
    08-24-20 08:26 PM
    I'm hoping you can make this keyboard with side spring clips that extend out so the keyboard will "snap-on" the face of any slab phone of a certain size range. I'm reading that some people here think this will be some sort of a case slider. A case slider would be a major mistake.
    Snap on, and no Bluetooth. I think that's the direction you're going anyway, so looking forward to seeing what you've got so far.
    It's a universal design that works for pretty much all smartphones. I do not need to make it work with specific phones.
    robnhl likes this.
    08-24-20 08:59 PM
    I agree, a Bluetooth keyboard would not be the best solution but if it is USB connected you need an additional connector for charging or a coil for wireless charging.
    08-25-20 05:43 AM
    I agree, a Bluetooth keyboard would not be the best solution but if it is USB connected you need an additional connector for charging or a coil for wireless charging.
    If it's connected via USB-C and the keyboard case itself also has a USB-C port, then it would be fine.
    08-25-20 06:44 AM
    That is what I meant with additional connector or wireless charging (as part of the keyboard case).
    08-25-20 08:11 AM
    Is there a reason why you are against Bluetooth? Personally, I have used other Bluetooth keyboards and not seen a problem so I am curious.

At the moment we are unsure if we will be using USB Type C or wireless charging for the keyboard. Wireless charging will be more expensive but we are unsure as to how much more expensive.

Regards,
    SES Mobile Accessories
    08-25-20 08:25 AM
    The connection per USB will be more stable than bluetooth, depending which phone you are using. You would´t need a separate battery for the case if you connect via USB, so you can make the case lighter.
    08-25-20 09:19 AM
    The connection per USB will be more stable than bluetooth, depending which phone you are using. You would´t need a separate battery for the case if you connect via USB, so you can make the case lighter.
    You be introducing an enormous design challenge, making the device perhaps more unwieldy and more expensive.
    08-25-20 09:27 AM
    I see the only problem for the connector (to get plugged into the smartphone), why should it be more unwieldy and expensive, you even don´t know how the design looks like.
    08-25-20 09:42 AM
    why should it be more unwieldy and expensive, you even don´t know how the design looks like.
    Having to design the whole thing around a wire and plug.

USB ports on various devices are offset in both dimensions from each other.
    08-25-20 10:35 AM
    Having to design the whole thing around a wire and plug.

USB ports on various devices are offset in both dimensions from each other.
    I see your point, the problem would be the thickness of the smartphones as the port is usually centered in the middle of the width.
    I would give the bluetooth variant a try, the question is how long the battery works.
    08-25-20 10:59 AM
    I see your point, the problem would be the thickness of the smartphones as the port is usually centered in the middle of the width.
    I would give the bluetooth variant a try, the question is how long the battery works.
    The battery will last around 2-3 days, depending on usage.
    08-25-20 11:22 AM
    if you going wireless, you can skip the connector, I don't know how much a coil cost in regards of an USB c connector.
    08-25-20 11:26 AM
    You be introducing an enormous design challenge, making the device perhaps more unwieldy and more expensive.
    It would be hard to use a cable with the sliding mechanism since the cable would either be extendable (which is thick and annoying to deal with) or be long which is always dangling which is annoying as well.
    08-25-20 11:34 AM
    The battery will last around 2-3 days, depending on usage.
    This is realistic. I had the Typo for iPhone bluetooth keyboard case and it had a tiny battery, but the thing could go for days.
    08-25-20 05:49 PM
    We have lowered our original batch number from 50k to a lower number.

I completely understand not too many people will do this form. I'll take what I can get.

Regards,
    SES Mobile Accessories
    What’s the latest?

Has the Onward Mobility BlackBerry Licensing announcement changed your plans?
    10-16-20 11:12 AM
    What’s the latest?

Has the Onward Mobility BlackBerry Licensing announcement changed your plans?
    Maybe patent applications, now that he has his parts?
    10-16-20 01:30 PM
    Maybe patent applications, now that he has his parts?
    Mainly just working on patent/legal stuff along with finding a manufacturer for the keyboard component. Some are hesitant to take on this type of product. I have found suppliers for the other parts needed. Once I have legal stuff down I think we should be ready to reveal the products.

And no, Onward Mobility has not changed our plans.
    10-16-20 04:17 PM
    Mainly just working on patent/legal stuff along with finding a manufacturer for the keyboard component. Some are hesitant to take on this type of product. I have found suppliers for the other parts needed. Once I have legal stuff down I think we should be ready to reveal the products.

And no, Onward Mobility has not changed our plans.
    Thanks for answering our questions and with honest explanations. I really believe the honesty goes along way HERE with the CB forum members and I know we're a rowdy bunch.
    10-16-20 07:28 PM
    Thanks for answering our questions and with honest explanations. I really believe the honesty goes along way HERE with the CB forum members and I know we're a rowdy bunch.
    Thank you for your feedback, Chuck. Always happy to see appreciation for new keyboard phone stuff. Really excited for this to happen.
    10-17-20 12:19 AM
362 ... 678910 ...