There may be other sources available than China.... ?

Canvas enjoys pretty minimal carbon footprint... Wind conditions might impact delivery, tho... lol

We occasionally use DHL, etc for smaller items to/from that side of the globe.... fwiw.
    Last edited by idssteve; 12-29-20 at 05:10 AM.
    12-29-20 04:26 AM
    . I have spent too much time, energy and money to not pursue production of this. Stay tuned.

SES
    Hope your still looking to do a kickstarter so you can better gauge sales before production....

And that your "minimum" is more realistic, especially with two designs.
    12-29-20 07:40 AM
    Count me in for the kickstart
    12-29-20 02:15 PM
    Count me in for the kickstart
    +1
    12-29-20 08:03 PM
    There may be other sources available than China.... ?

Canvas enjoys pretty minimal carbon footprint... Wind conditions might impact delivery, tho... lol

We occasionally use DHL, etc for smaller items to/from that side of the globe.... fwiw.
    Haha, note I never explicitly said China... This part is likely from somewhere else.

SES
    idssteve likes this.
    12-29-20 11:39 PM
    Hope your still looking to do a kickstarter so you can better gauge sales before production....

And that your "minimum" is more realistic, especially with two designs.
    Kickstarter is still the plan at the moment.

Plan is to first do the vertical and then the horizontal design.

SES
    idssteve and the_boon like this.
    12-30-20 12:03 AM

SES
    Great. You can count me in as well - for both designs. Having a decent universal PKB attachment probably best solves the needs of many here.
    the_boon likes this.
    12-30-20 02:05 AM
    Great. You can count me in as well - for both designs. Having a decent universal PKB attachment probably best solves the needs of many here.
    Oh I expect most are hoping the OM devices is their answer..... but in the end I'm thinking it will be good to have this option, as I'm not sure if OM is going to delivery on those hopes. And with KEYdevices aging, some option is better than no option.
    12-30-20 07:05 AM

SES
    Can't wait!

I'm still not sure how it would look since you said it's gonna be one single case that can fit various slabs, but it is a sliding case right? Not a case that adds a permanent keyboard below the screen like the Typo for iPhone cases?
    Meaning when the case is closed, it simply looks like a thicker slab, and when open, it looks like a Priv?
    12-30-20 08:48 AM
    Oh I expect most are hoping the OM devices is their answer
    That may very well be for the moment. But given the business focus for this phone (if it ever comes out), chances are pretty fair that OM's device won't be the answer for many in the end.

A universal and well affordable keyboard attachment on the other hand is just that: universal. It should fit most phones from entry level to flagship, what in my opinion is the most interesting thing about it.

Now of course it should provide a good typing experience. But I suppose a real PKB lover will have a hard time finding a PKB that is so bad that he/she would rather use a VKB instead.
    12-31-20 03:06 AM
    I suppose a real PKB lover will have a hard time finding a PKB that is so bad that he/she would rather use a VKB instead.
    I actually have tried a PKB that offered a worse overall typing experience than glass: Typo gen 2 keyboard case for iPhone 5S/6.
    Terrible sculpting on those keys and no chin made for an unbalanced typing experience with more typos than a VKB...

For me to say that a PKB has been worse than a VKB is really saying something.

I'm confident SES's product will be better than any of the Typo products, he has been open to our input about balance, weight distribution, etc
    12-31-20 07:06 AM
    Can't wait!

I'm still not sure how it would look since you said it's gonna be one single case that can fit various slabs, but it is a sliding case right? Not a case that adds a permanent keyboard below the screen like the Typo for iPhone cases?
    Meaning when the case is closed, it simply looks like a thicker slab, and when open, it looks like a Priv?
    It is a sliding attachment, you'll see what it looks like when the design is released...

SES
    the_boon likes this.
    12-31-20 10:23 AM
    We'll be here
    I sure hope no one attempts to shelve you and your idea by claiming they want to purchase it.
    It is a sliding attachment, you'll see what it looks like when the design is released...

SES
    01-03-21 10:42 AM
    We'll be here
    I sure hope no one attempts to shelve you and your idea by claiming they want to purchase it.
    Do you mean like the VKB Mafia reaching out with an offer that can’t be refused?!?
    01-03-21 11:43 AM
    Do you mean like the VKB Mafia reaching out with an offer that can’t be refused?!?
    Or OM muscling in so they can "own" the OKB market.....
    01-04-21 09:50 AM
    Or OM muscling in so they can "own" the OKB market.....
    The visual image is Oz scene when all the vertically challenged are running around Dorothy etcetera
    01-04-21 06:01 PM
    At the moment, no one has tried to buy out my designs or ideas.

SES
    01-05-21 10:01 AM
    The visual image is Oz scene when all the vertically challenged are running around Dorothy etcetera
    Well all we need is a house to fall on BlackBerry or OM....
    01-05-21 10:16 AM
    LOL
    01-05-21 02:09 PM
    Or to get Apples thrown at us...? Lol.
    01-06-21 04:49 AM
    Hey SES,
    any new estimates on the time schedule for your PKB project? Would love to see some first shots of the design.
    01-17-21 03:16 PM
    Lets expect nothing..
    01-27-21 01:09 AM
    Safe to assume that there's still no new developments on this project??
    02-04-21 08:15 PM
    @SES Mobile Accessories

A sign of life?
    02-04-21 08:20 PM
    @SES Mobile Accessories

A sign of life?
    Just been busy w/patents and getting pricing for stuff. Unfortunately I can't show the designs since it would cause issues with the patent process. Please be patient.

SES
    the_boon likes this.
    02-04-21 09:26 PM
362 ... 1112131415