The "agreement" to pay for a logo doesn't make OM's phone any more or less likely to appear.

OM is nothing more than a "self-entrepreneur" with a few more people.
    Ohh of course you had to join this conversation.
    Paulelmar18 and Bob80220 like this.
    11-10-20 04:59 PM
    Ohh of course you had to join this conversation.
    As opposed to you "joining" 2 hours ago?

Now that that's over with, what about my actual post?
    Last edited by conite; 11-10-20 at 05:20 PM.
    11-10-20 05:09 PM
    The horizontal slider keyboard wouldn't be the size of the phone. It will be smaller so it is easier to handle.

SES
    When I place a Q10 under a landscape orientated Z10 and mimic trying to use the Q10, it feels awkward. Probably because the Q10 I normally hold in a certain maner and the "ends" of the Z10 interfere with such. Samething if I place a Q10 under a landscape orientated larger slab (the Z10 is I think quite small by today's standard). I assume this would not be an issue for what you have in mind?
    11-10-20 06:31 PM
    When I place a Q10 under a landscape orientated Z10 and mimic trying to use the Q10, it feels awkward. Probably because the Q10 I normally hold in a certain maner and the "ends" of the Z10 interfere with such. Samething if I place a Q10 under a landscape orientated larger slab (the Z10 is I think quite small by today's standard). I assume this would not be an issue for what you have in mind?
    Correct, it would be large enough to not feel awkward to use with a slab attached to it. It would also be thinner so it wouldn't be as hard to hold and move out enough to not hit the phone itself.

Let me know if you have any other questions/feedback/concerns.

SES
    the_boon likes this.
    11-10-20 07:34 PM
    Correct, it would be large enough to not feel awkward to use with a slab attached to it. It would also be thinner so it wouldn't be as hard to hold and move out enough to not hit the phone itself.

Let me know if you have any other questions/feedback/concerns.

SES
    Do you have any physical prototypes to show? Or, maybe that would divulge too much, or not really be fair representative enough if shown?
    11-10-20 07:41 PM
    You said it...your guess.

More speculation. Ohh well more of the same.
    I just made a general statement regarding two companies hoping to find success with the ever shrinking PKB niche.

You're the one thinking some different level of distinction or ability for one versus the other.

The only difference is one company specific about not licensing or tying itself to what could be referred to as the BlackBerry anchor or BlackBerry curse.

I actually give better odds for success to SES because of the fewer claims of everything promised, lower cost for consumer experimental trial purchase and broader Android/iOS ecosystem compatibility.

OM has promised so much, that's contradictory, it violates the common delivery mantra of underpromise and overdeliver.
    11-10-20 08:37 PM
    Thanks for your interest. Likely no major info until mid December-January but leaning towards the latter. First to come will be the vertical keyboard, then the horizontal at a later date.

SES
    Hey SES,

Didn't mean to hijack your thread up there but, since you actually discuss and respond, will you look towards carriers, at least in USA/Canada, to help broaden exposure/demand?

Any concerns/obstacles that you're able or willing to share?
    11-10-20 08:45 PM
    Do you have any physical prototypes to show? Or, maybe that would divulge too much, or not really be fair representative enough if shown?
    I have a very rough physical prototype for the vertical keyboard but don't want to show it due to mainly legal concerns with copyrights and since it wouldn't represent the product well enough. I'm working on a rough version of the horizontal keyboard but have been busy with working on the legal stuff on the vertical keyboard.

SES
    11-10-20 08:48 PM
    Hey SES,

Didn't mean to hijack your thread up there but, since you actually discuss and respond, will you look towards carriers, at least in USA/Canada, to help broaden exposure/demand?

Any concerns/obstacles that you're able or willing to share?
    I'd love to have these on display in phone stores. Haven't talked to any carriers yet but have heard they are very selective. Will post more info on it when I have it.

SES
    11-10-20 09:13 PM
    I'd love to have these on display in phone stores. Haven't talked to any carriers yet but have heard they are very selective. Will post more info on it when I have it.

SES
    Thanks for the quick replies, engagement and honesty. For the brand name, I hear @the_boon might be available if he gets prototype access with beta testing privilege... LOL - again keep the faith
    11-10-20 09:21 PM
    Thanks for the quick replies, engagement and honesty. For the brand name, I hear @the_boon might be available if he gets prototype access with beta testing privilege... LOL - again keep the faith
    Thank you.

SES
    11-10-20 10:17 PM
    No updates on anything at the moment, just wanted to wish a happy Thanksgiving to everyone here! Thank you for your support on the project, hope to have an announcement by the end of the year. Thank you for your patience.

SES
    the_boon likes this.
    11-26-20 09:36 PM
    No updates on anything at the moment, just wanted to wish a happy Thanksgiving to everyone here! Thank you for your support on the project, hope to have an announcement by the end of the year. Thank you for your patience.

SES
    Happy Thanksgiving SES although I’m not sure where you’re at. In all seriousness too, I want to acknowledge your willingness to engage the CrackBerry fans here with refreshing honesty and directness....
    11-26-20 10:06 PM
    Totally agreed. Still looking forward to your keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-20 02:19 AM
    Totally agreed. Still looking forward to your keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Same here
    11-27-20 07:15 AM
    Same here
    I'll second that second...
    11-28-20 04:57 AM
    Q2 2021 we'll see
    11-28-20 06:05 PM
    Hello everyone,

Would like to wish a Merry Christmas to everyone here on Crackberry. Hope your holidays are safe and enjoyable. A few notes on what's been going on over the past month:

- We have had some roadblocks with the patents due to some minor changes to the design on the vertical keyboard, meaning there likely won't be an visual release this year.

- The horizontal keyboard prototype is almost done, I need to order more parts with the securing method but once it is done I should be able to patent it and release its design along with the vertical keyboard.

Thank you for your patience with this process. I understand that this has been a very vague and long process. I have spent too much time, energy and money to not pursue production of this. Stay tuned.

SES
    12-25-20 07:18 PM
    Hello everyone,

Would like to wish a Merry Christmas to everyone here on Crackberry. Hope your holidays are safe and enjoyable. A few notes on what's been going on over the past month:

- We have had some roadblocks with the patents due to some minor changes to the design on the vertical keyboard, meaning there likely won't be an visual release this year.

- The horizontal keyboard prototype is almost done, I need to order more parts with the securing method but once it is done I should be able to patent it and release its design along with the vertical keyboard.

Thank you for your patience with this process. I understand that this has been a very vague and long process. I have spent too much time, energy and money to not pursue production of this. Stay tuned.

SES
    Thanks for the update, SES. Can't wait to see the fruits of your efforts. Be warned, tho. Once you've nurtured a concept to profitable fruition, the whole process can prove VERY addictive... For some personality types, at least. Lol.

Merry Christmas!
    12-25-20 09:59 PM
    Hello everyone,

SES
    Thanks for the update SES and hope you’ve had a Merry Christmas with your family.
    12-26-20 08:28 AM
    Thanks for the update, SES. Can't wait to see the fruits of your efforts. Be warned, tho. Once you've nurtured a concept to profitable fruition, the whole process can prove VERY addictive... For some personality types, at least. Lol.

Merry Christmas!
    Thank you Steve. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours.

SES
    12-26-20 03:37 PM
    Thanks for the update SES and hope you’ve had a Merry Christmas with your family.
    Thank you Chuck. Hope the same for you as well.

SES
    12-26-20 03:50 PM
    Hello everyone,

SES
    Well you had said your were leaning toward January for info on the Vertical with the Horizontal at a later date. So still on schedule, unless these parts come from China by boat.
    12-28-20 03:29 PM
    Well you had said your were leaning toward January for info on the Vertical with the Horizontal at a later date. So still on schedule, unless these parts come from China by boat.
    Are you referred to proverbial “slow boat” from.......

I’ll bet SES is running an offshore powerboat

12-28-20 05:47 PM
    Are you referred to proverbial “slow boat” from.......

I’ll bet SES is running an offshore powerboat

Haha you know it!

SES
    12-29-20 12:48 AM
362 ... 1011121314 ...