Better to post something about no progress than go silent too long in these forums.

It's how all of us are conditioned here. Outta sight outta mind.... Good luck..
    Thanks, I'll put out more info/updates when something happens.

Regards,
    SES Mobile Accessories
    07-27-20 11:44 PM
    Thanks, I'll put out more info/updates when something happens.

Regards,
    SES Mobile Accessories
    Hoping to hear more about this keyboard case in the near future!

Wouldn't hurt to have some positive PKB news around here
    08-18-20 03:12 PM

OP states that one problem is low sales of Titan and Pro1 recently. Kind of hard to spin positive. Do you remember how many actual Typo PKB attachments were sold?
    08-18-20 03:33 PM
    There are plenty of keyboards in the market that you can run via Bluetooth.
    You can also get stuck docking stations which allows both Wi-fi and Bluetooth connections for the keyboards to the docking station
    08-18-20 03:50 PM
    OP states that one problem is low sales of Titan and Pro1 recently. Kind of hard to spin positive. Do you remember how many actual Typo PKB attachments were sold?
    It's MUCH easier to convince a slabber to spend a few dozen bucks to try out a keyboard case than to convince them to spend several hundreds towards a dedicated PKB device from an unknown manufacturer.
    08-18-20 05:32 PM

For the past month I've been mainly working on getting final designs and cost estimates for the slider and attachment mechanism and working with my lawyer to get this all put together. No groundbreaking news or anything. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

SES Mobile Accessories
    the_boon likes this.
    08-18-20 06:00 PM
    It's MUCH easier to convince a slabber to spend a few dozen bucks to try out a keyboard case than to convince them to spend several hundreds towards a dedicated PKB device from an unknown manufacturer.
    They must be selling like hotcakes out there then.
    08-18-20 06:01 PM
    That is the goal of what we are trying to do. Many (myself included) weren't willing to spend hundreds on phones from companies with little history and poor specs just for a keyboard when faster phones with much nicer cameras, UI, reliability, support etc also exist. The goal of our product is to let keyboards be independent from phones so pretty much any smartphone can have a PKB.

As for Typo, couldn't find any specific numbers but now I think we would sell more due to our product being mostly universal and there being less keyboard phones nowadays

Regards,

SES Mobile Accessories
    the_boon likes this.
    08-18-20 06:09 PM
    They must be selling like hotcakes out there then.
    There aren't any for sale apart from the old Typos for iPhone, and you know that.
    08-18-20 07:54 PM
    There aren't any for sale apart from the old Typos for iPhone, and you know that.
    That's what I mean.
    08-18-20 08:04 PM
    That's what I mean.
    Not yet, just wait a bit...
    08-19-20 01:51 AM
    You might want to check this out:

A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021 https://www.crackberry.com/new-5g-bl...ll-arrive-2021
    08-19-20 07:15 AM
    Not yet, just wait a bit...
    Will the newly announced BlackBerry change or affect your plans ?
    08-20-20 07:28 AM
    You might want to check this out:

A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021 https://www.crackberry.com/new-5g-bl...ll-arrive-2021
    I don't think SES Mobile Accessories has anything to worry about from Onward..... I suspect once the details are out from them, his $50 - $70 attachment onto an existing consumer phone will look really good.

Still want to see HOW he accomplishes a one size fits all.... and if he can keep it closer to the $50 than the $70+.
    08-20-20 08:17 AM
    I am still looking forward for this accessory for my second device, a Mate 20 by Huawei.
    08-20-20 08:53 AM
    I don't think SES Mobile Accessories has anything to worry about from Onward..... I suspect once the details are out from them, his $50 - $70 attachment onto an existing consumer phone will look really good.

Still want to see HOW he accomplishes a one size fits all.... and if he can keep it closer to the $50 than the $70+.
    While Blackberry/Onward's announcement was surprising, there is no change to our current plans. We'll see how Blackberry's device turns out but we will continue to develop both of our slider attachments.
    the_boon, Rico4you and chain13 like this.
    08-20-20 08:53 AM
    Hey all, quick update:

- The first Vertical Slider prototype was finished Friday night. It's very ugly and not a good representation of what the final product will look like therefore I will not be releasing photos. I know this sounds like a tease but I promise it exists and I will show pictures once I am able to confirm with my manufacturer that this can be built.
    - The Horizontal Slider is in its final stages of development and I hope to have the first prototype in the next week or so.
    - We have a survey we would like you guys to fill out so we can gauge what our production numbers should look like and what products should deserve priority. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rm?usp=sf_link

The more people who respond, the better products we can make. Please give us your feedback!

As always we are open to suggestions/questions/concerns so let us know!

Regards,
    SES Mobile Accessories
    the_boon and Rico4you like this.
    08-24-20 12:56 AM
    Hey all, quick update:

- The first Vertical Slider prototype was finished Friday night. It's very ugly and not a good representation of what the final product will look like therefore I will not be releasing photos. I know this sounds like a tease but I promise it exists and I will show pictures once I am able to confirm with my manufacturer that this can be built.
    - The Horizontal Slider is in its final stages of development and I hope to have the first prototype in the next week or so.
    - We have a survey we would like you guys to fill out so we can gauge what our production numbers should look like and what products should deserve priority. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rm?usp=sf_link

The more people who respond, the better products we can make. Please give us your feedback!

As always we are open to suggestions/questions/concerns so let us know!

Regards,
    SES Mobile Accessories
    It's taken 8 months to get to the point where you have nothing to show us, even as a prototype. And you want us to let you know which one we prefer? Go ahead and make one for yourself, but don't even try manufacture and market it. It will fail even if your bank agrees to lend you the money! BTW, what other products do you currently sell?
    08-24-20 01:44 AM
    It's taken 8 months to get to the point where you have nothing to show us, even as a prototype. And you want us to let you know which one we prefer? Go ahead and make one for yourself, but don't even try manufacture and market it. It will fail even if your bank agrees to lend you the money! BTW, what other products do you currently sell?
    Making products like this take time, especially if it's a sliding case therefore more moving parts.

Besides, it's gonna have to be marketed beyond this one thread anyways, but we don't know how many units the OP is intending to sell.
    08-24-20 07:23 AM
    Making products like this take time, especially if it's a sliding case therefore more moving parts.

Besides, it's gonna have to be marketed beyond this one thread anyways, but we don't know how many units the OP is intending to sell.
    Initially he was looking at 50K.... and a $50 - $70 product.

But I think he has gotten a hint from how few these kickstarter phones have sold... F(x)Tec, Unihertz, Planet Computer.

If he can do a batch of 500 or each and keep the price around $50. He might come out ok, if it works.... good keyboard, quick response, sturdy and durable.

But accessory keyboards just don't usually meet the needs of PKB fans... Why it's so important that he get these right....
    08-24-20 07:44 AM

But I think he has gotten a hint from how few these kickstarter phones have sold... F(x)Tec, Unihertz, Planet Computer.

If he can do a batch of 500 or each and keep the price around $50. He might come out ok, if it works.... good keyboard, quick response, sturdy and durable. But I bet he gets scared with how few will end up doing his form....
    08-24-20 07:49 AM

If he can do a batch of 500 or each and keep the price around $50. He might come out ok, if it works.... good keyboard, quick response, sturdy and durable. But I bet he gets scared with how few will end up doing his form....
    We have lowered our original batch number from 50k to a lower number.

I completely understand not too many people will do this form. I'll take what I can get.

Regards,
    SES Mobile Accessories
    08-24-20 08:30 AM
    Whoa fella.
    08-24-20 08:32 AM

I completely understand not too many people will do this form. I'll take what I can get.

Regards,
    SES Mobile Accessories
    Also, can you tell us if this is a universal type case that can fit several smartphones of around the same size?

Or is it one case per smartphone model?

In the case of the latter which seems more easily doable since you're adapting your mold to one specific smartphone model, then a good place to start is the most popular ones such as the Galaxy S20/+, Pixel 4a, etc
    08-24-20 09:03 AM

Regards,
    SES Mobile Accessories
    The key will be what your kick-starter goal is.... then seeing if you get enough supporters to reach that goal. One great thing about kick-starters is if there isn't enough interest, your only out the initial developmental cost. Not a whole order of 5,000 units.
    08-24-20 09:22 AM
362 ... 56789 ...