Haven't thought about a camera button but I really like the idea. I'll see if I can fit it in. Thanks for the suggestion.

If you have any more suggestions/comments/questions please let us know. Thanks.

Regards,
    SES Mobile Acessories
    I'd suggest not listening to very many opinions here and getting paralysis by analysis. BlackBerry fans like inexpensive with excellent quality and then for 1/2 price of that description and customized.

Put together something off the shelf as cheap as possible since we're a disjointed bunch without clear direction and no alternatives to choose from anyway.

Sad but true and completely realistic, myself included... Just look at the results of the last five years and four licensees plus one knockoff.
    05-25-20 01:09 PM
    I'd suggest not listening to very many opinions here and getting paralysis by analysis. BlackBerry fans like inexpensive with excellent quality and then for 1/2 price of that description and customized.

Put together something off the shelf as cheap as possible since we're a disjointed bunch without clear direction and no alternatives to choose from anyway.

Sad but true and completely realistic, myself included... Just look at the results of the last five years and four licensees plus one knockoff.
    Interesting. I'll keep this in mind.

Obviously I can't take every idea but want to be open to things people may want. Smaller things would be more likely to be added since it's cheaper but more expensive features may not happen.

If you have any more ideas/suggestions please let me know. Thank you.

Regards,
    SES Mobile Accessories
    05-26-20 11:22 AM

Obviously I can't take every idea but want to be open to things people may want. Smaller things would be more likely to be added since it's cheaper but more expensive features may not happen.

Regards,
    SES Mobile Accessories
    Most everyone I know... has their phone in a case already. Will keyboard offer the phone some protection?

Are you still thinking you need to get the interest of 50K "customers".

I'm sure you could sell some.... if it will in fact fit many different devices on the market today (how " with so many sizes - camera position(s), buttons, finger print), both iOS and Android support, if it's good quality with quick reaction time. But I'm not sure if you'd sell 50K if it was $39.99 (USD). But with a slider mechanism, back lighting, Bluetooth and a good sized battery to last, along with everything else that BlackBerry user will expect... I'm thinking you retail price is going to be on up there.

Is it a must that you have a prototype to start a kickstarter site? If you have the design, some cost information and logistic worked out, I try to determine if it's even viable to begin with. I taught the Titan would move 20K - 30K units easy... so many here have pinned for a Android Passport. But think their total sales after eight months are so is less than 6K.
    05-26-20 01:47 PM
    https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galax...UvbUpU13517836
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=ofviiNZd
    Samsung has released keyboard covers for the S6-S8, I had the S7 one. Keys were bigger on the S7 Cover than on the KEYone so I ended up not buying a KEYone. My keys got worn out after 2 years (no longer clicky, unusable), and it caused reverse-burn in on my device lol. It was just be a plastic keyboard with rubber "switches" that would tap on the screen to enter text. The pixels under the keyboard cover would be turned off. While the accessory was cheap to make, it required software support from Samsung to work. They could have added back lighting if they turned on parts of the amoled screen and made the letters out of translucent plastic.

https://crackberry.com/typo
    There's also the typo keyboard, basically copy pasted the Q10 keyboard. This devices uses bluetooth and acts as an external keyboard. More expensive to make and needs to be charged, but it doesn't need software support from the device.

I'm sure people bought the accessories but Typo is out of business and Samsung stopped making new keyboard covers for their devices.

I think BlackBerry could put their patents to good use by making accessories for other devices, it'd be a lot cheaper than manufacturing their own devices. I've been saying that since 2016! Other companies might have problems making keyboard accessories because of BlackBerry's large amount of patents on keyboards for phones.
    05-26-20 03:08 PM
    Most everyone I know... has their phone in a case already. Will keyboard offer the phone some protection?

Are you still thinking you need to get the interest of 50K "customers".

I'm sure you could sell some.... if it will in fact fit many different devices on the market today (how " with so many sizes - camera position(s), buttons, finger print), both iOS and Android support, if it's good quality with quick reaction time. But I'm not sure if you'd sell 50K if it was $39.99 (USD). But with a slider mechanism, back lighting, Bluetooth and a good sized battery to last, along with everything else that BlackBerry user will expect... I'm thinking you retail price is going to be on up there.

Is it a must that you have a prototype to start a kickstarter site? If you have the design, some cost information and logistic worked out, I try to determine if it's even viable to begin with. I taught the Titan would move 20K - 30K units easy... so many here have pinned for a Android Passport. But think their total sales after eight months are so is less than 6K.
    Thank you for your questions. Regarding your concerns:

-The keyboard attachment would also work as a protective case. It may work on top of some thinner cases if you want to be super protected.

- I'm lowering my expectations for how many customers are needed seeing the low sales on the Titan and Pro 1.

- 2 reasons why I'm waiting to have the prototype done to start funding. First is I need to test that the physics (specifically with the vertical slider) work. It's going to be hard to balance the keyboard with the phone and don't want to create false hype for a design that doesn't work. Other reason is I need a finalized design to show manufacturers who can give a more proper estimate on costs. If I need to redesign the product, the production costs will change.

If you have any more comments/questions/feedback please let me know. Thank you.
    05-26-20 03:48 PM
    https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galax...UvbUpU13517851
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=-avnyKo6
    Samsung has released keyboard covers for the S6-S8, I had the S7 one. Keys were bigger on the S7 Cover than on the KEYone so I ended up not buying a KEYone. My keys got worn out after 2 years (no longer clicky, unusable), and it caused reverse-burn in on my device lol. It was just be a plastic keyboard with rubber "switches" that would tap on the screen to enter text. The pixels under the keyboard cover would be turned off. While the accessory was cheap to make, it required software support from Samsung to work. They could have added back lighting if they turned on parts of the amoled screen and made the letters out of translucent plastic.

https://crackberry.com/typo
    There's also the typo keyboard, basically copy pasted the Q10 keyboard. This devices uses bluetooth and acts as an external keyboard. More expensive to make and needs to be charged, but it doesn't need software support from the device.

I'm sure people bought the accessories but Typo is out of business and Samsung stopped making new keyboard covers for their devices.

I think BlackBerry could put their patents to good use by making accessories for other devices, it'd be a lot cheaper than manufacturing their own devices. I've been saying that since 2016! Other companies might have problems making keyboard accessories because of BlackBerry's large amount of patents on keyboards for phones.
    Thank you for your feedback. Regarding your concerns:

- Licensing Blackberry patents would be likely incredibly expensive. I'd love to license their design and build a genuine Blackberry device but It would require tons more funding and would likely make the product itself crazy expensive. This keyboard will have a great clicky feel and back light, not a copy of Blackberry's design but will be a good keyboard.

- Typo is out of business since they got sued by Blackberry multiple times and decided to end their business as part of their agreement. Samsung likely didn't sell enough of the keyboard cases so they stopped selling/making them. This device would work with pretty much any device so you can change phones and not be attached to poor/outdated equipment just for the keyboard.

If you have any more suggestions or comments please let me know. Thank you.

Regards,
    SES Mobile Accessories
    Last edited by SES Mobile Accessories; 05-26-20 at 09:43 PM.
    05-26-20 04:57 PM

Regards,
    SES Mobile Accessories
    From my perspective, simply business and best chances at profits, I’d piggyback on Unihertz Titan features and copy those since their customers voted on Kickstarter with actual money. I don’t see any reason to “reinvent the wheel” as is said.

Just avoid Typo drama and BlackBerry IP enforcers. Good luck!!!!
    05-26-20 06:01 PM
    Thank you for your feedback. Regarding your concerns:

- Licensing Blackberry patents would be incredibly expensive. I'd love to license their design and bring a genuine Blackberry device It would require tons more funding and would make the product itself crazy expensive. This keyboard will have a great clicky feel and back light, no millions of licensing required. Seems like Blackberry has relaxed on their patents since how similar the Titan is to the Passport and Blackberry has done nothing.

- Typo is out of business since they got sued by Blackberry multiple times and decided to end their business as part of their agreement. Samsung likely didn't sell enough of the keyboard cases so they stopped selling/making them. This device would work with pretty much any device so you can change phones and not be attached to poor/outdated equipment just for the keyboard.

If you have any more suggestions or comments please let me know. Thank you.

Regards,
    SES Mobile Accessories
    According to conite, Blackberry can’t sue unihertz because they operate inside the wall of china where IP is a joke. But I suggest you to avoid any kind of button scultping style and just use common keyboard layout.
    05-26-20 07:50 PM
    According to conite, Blackberry can’t sue unihertz because they operate inside the wall of china where IP is a joke. But I suggest you to avoid any kind of button scultping style and just use common keyboard layout.
    Is Unihertz a Chinese company or a company operating out of Hong Kong? Yes, I know Hong Kong is inside China, but don't things operate somewhat differently with Hong Kong compared to the rest of China?
    05-26-20 08:03 PM
    Is Unihertz a Chinese company or a company operating out of Hong Kong? Yes, I know Hong Kong is inside China, but don't things operate somewhat differently with Hong Kong compared to the rest of China?
    Yes I know, hongkong and china is different. I believe they’re from shanghai
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    05-26-20 08:25 PM
    Nope - Shanghai.
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    05-26-20 08:26 PM
    Interest in keyboard attachment for all smartphones?-20200527_111858.jpeg
    Interest in keyboard attachment for all smartphones?-20200527_111956.jpeg
    Interest in keyboard attachment for all smartphones?-20200527_112052.jpeg
    Interest in keyboard attachment for all smartphones?-20200527_112153.jpeg
    Interest in keyboard attachment for all smartphones?-20200527_112259.jpeg
    Not too artistic sculpting, just simple rounded surface, with no space between keys can make each key size a bit bigger. Those five are Nokia E63, E71, E72, Omnia Pro, and Xperia mini pro (2011). The devices that I could consider as good pkb back then.
    05-26-20 11:29 PM
    Nope - Shanghai.
    After searching through 50+ patents Blackberry holds for physical keyboards, I see no concern so far regarding our design violating Blackberry's keyboard patents. I have no intention of violating Blackberry's patents and/or intellectual property and do not want to steal their designs. I only want to bring a great physical keyboard experience to all smartphones.

Didn't know Unihertz was based in China. Makes sense now why Blackberry hasn't gone after them.
    Rico4you likes this.
    05-26-20 11:42 PM

You are confusing Android users with BB users. Too many Android users are ***** and cheap. Alternative playstores, fake apps, people here using BB keyboard not officially .... The list is long.

***** anyway does not mean poor....
    Last edited by elfabio80; 05-27-20 at 01:48 AM.
    Rico4you likes this.
    05-27-20 01:21 AM
    You are confusing Android users with BB users. Too many Android users are ***** and cheap. Alternative playstores, fake apps, people here using BB keyboard not officially .... The list is long.

Users are users.... you'll find just as many BlackBerry users waiting for hardware write downs, or looking for ways to get free apps as there are on Android.

Why I think it would be smarter to focus on offering a good quality product for under $50, rather than adding more features that would cost more.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-27-20 07:34 AM

You got bleeped out so not sure full context. Within BBOS and BB10, I don’t remember any premium hardware and most if not all of it was priced lower than comparable specs of Android/iOS before factoring in all the firesale pricing of the BBOS and BB10 hardware in the end.
    05-27-20 08:15 AM
    After searching through 50+ patents Blackberry holds for physical keyboards, I see no concern so far regarding our design violating Blackberry's keyboard patents. I have no intention of violating Blackberry's patents and/or intellectual property and do not want to steal their designs. I only want to bring a great physical keyboard experience to all smartphones.

Didn't know Unihertz was based in China. Makes sense now why Blackberry hasn't gone after them.
    It seems ironic for me to think that BlackBerry was/is holding a lot of patents of PKB and BBM (back then only for BlackBerry devices for some years) while losing market share and its significance in hardware and software.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-27-20 08:43 AM
    It seems ironic for me to think that BlackBerry was/is holding a lot of patents of PKB and BBM (back then only for BlackBerry devices for some years) while losing market share and its significance in hardware and software.
    Value of BlackBerry's IP has gone way down... as it's become more and more clear that it's outdated or just not needed.

But they do still make a lot of money on monetizing that vast amount of IP... in fact it's mostly where their profit these days comes from. And while the PKB patents have very little value.... they will protect it, and if possible monetize it.

I agree with the OP... for what he's looking at, I doubt BlackBerry would be able to licensing their patents on this scale. But they would defiantly protect it from even this scale. If they didn't the next person would use it, and it might be on a bigger scale.

But BlackBerry only controls what they have patented... TYPO was foolish to copy them so exactly, and then to keep copying with the TYPO2.
    05-27-20 09:09 AM
    Value of BlackBerry's IP has gone way down... as it's become more and more clear that it's outdated or just not needed.

But they do still make a lot of money on monetizing that vast amount of IP... in fact it's mostly where their profit these days comes from. And while the PKB patents have very little value.... they will protect it, and if possible monetize it.

I agree with the OP... for what he's looking at, I doubt BlackBerry would be able to licensing their patents on this scale. But they would defiantly protect it from even this scale. If they didn't the next person would use it, and it might be on a bigger scale.

But BlackBerry only controls what they have patented... TYPO was foolish to copy them so exactly, and then to keep copying with the TYPO2.
    Yeah, I don't want to copy Blackberry's designs since I strongly respect their intellectual property and patents. I have made sure my design will not have issues in the visual design and will be working with my manufacturer to make sure we do not accidentally violate any of Blackberry's patents.

Regards,
    SES Mobile Accessories
    chain13 likes this.
    05-28-20 11:59 PM
    Yeah, I don't want to copy Blackberry's designs since I strongly respect their intellectual property and patents. I have made sure my design will not have issues in the visual design and will be working with my manufacturer to make sure we do not accidentally violate any of Blackberry's patents.

Regards,
    SES Mobile Accessories
    I keep checking in on this post in the hope of learning of some progress! I still use my Key2 but I'm getting a bit jealous of some of the features of modern phones and I'm dreaming of buying an iPhone and getting a keyboard case.

Any progress? Hope all is going well!
    jacobacevedog likes this.
    07-22-20 12:29 PM
    I keep checking in on this post in the hope of learning of some progress! I still use my Key2 but I'm getting a bit jealous of some of the features of modern phones and I'm dreaming of buying an iPhone and getting a keyboard case.

Any progress? Hope all is going well!
    I keep checking as well. The idea of something adjusting to different size devices... is intriguing.

Last heard he was getting parts for a prototype.... even if he doesn't like it or decides not to move forward, it would be interesting to see the prototype or a better drawing.
    jacobacevedog likes this.
    07-22-20 02:43 PM
    I keep checking as well. The idea of something adjusting to different size devices... is intriguing.

Last heard he was getting parts for a prototype.... even if he doesn't like it or decides not to move forward, it would be interesting to see the prototype or a better drawing.
    Still working on it. I have a very rough prototype that's about 80% done. Not showing it until I know I will be able to actually build this since I don't want to make false hype. Working things out on the legal end to find out how to proceed with manufacturing the keyboard. Stay tuned.

Regards,
    SES Mobile Accessories
    07-25-20 10:25 PM
    Still working on it. I have a very rough prototype that's about 80% done. Not showing it until I know I will be able to actually build this since I don't want to make false hype. Working things out on the legal end to find out how to proceed with manufacturing the keyboard. Stay tuned.

Regards,
    SES Mobile Accessories
    Wishing you all the best, I really hope to see a keyboard attachment come to life and a render/design of the product in the near future.
    07-25-20 10:33 PM

Regards,
    SES Mobile Accessories
    Looking forward to the birth of this keyboard accessory announced here from Day 1.
    Good luck in this final sprint.
    07-26-20 02:56 AM

Regards,
    SES Mobile Accessories
    Better to post something about no progress than go silent too long in these forums.

It's how all of us are conditioned here. Outta sight outta mind.... Good luck..
    07-26-20 10:44 AM
362 ... 45678 ...