This may have been mentioned before but I have a question. I, like everyone that bought the Curve 8300, heard and am waiting to see the Curve 8310. I was wondering would it be better to have the integrated GPS on the 8310 or just buy a GPS puck for my 8300? Any thoughts or comments would be appriciated. Thanks

P.S. This website is awesome for Crackberry news, info, and tips.
    09-14-07 05:44 PM
    I would think it is better to have the integrated gps. If I already had the 8300 I would just get the gps puck. One additional item to lug item.
    09-14-07 06:37 PM
    its not really 'hauling' considering my holux gpslim 240 is the size of a standard cig. lighter.
    09-17-07 08:32 AM
    I bought my Curve and did not realize that the Curve with a GPS system and WiFi was coming out soon. I would like to use Google maps, but I do not know what a puck is or where to get one. I would also like to know how to download gmail to my curve. I am relatively new to BlackBerrys so please make it as simple as possible. Thanks. dt
    09-23-07 02:09 PM
    Just to be clear dtaka97, the Curve 8310 on AT&T/Cingular will have GPS but will not have WiFi.

The Curve 8320 that is just now coming out on T-Mobile has WiFi but does not have GPS.

There is an 8800 series that will have both WiFi and integrated GPS, but the 8800 series (not a Curve at all) does not have a camera, and it has a less user-friendly keyboard IMHO.
    09-23-07 03:20 PM
    Thanks for the clarification, Digital. But do you know about the puck and how it is used? dt
    09-23-07 06:24 PM
    I dunno about the puck either and was interested in finding out if I could use my Microsoft GPS receiver with the bluetooth adaptor for Microsoft Streets & Trips with my new Curve.
    It would make sense if it could work but I've never owned a BB and wouldn't know where to start to get it connected via the Bluetooth. If anyone can do this, it would be awesome.
    09-23-07 08:46 PM
    "Puck" was another word for the GPS receiver since some of them are shaped like a hockey puck. I think I am just going to keep the 8300 and get the Holux Slim240 and sit and wait patiently for the 4.3 OS for my 8300. Sorry for the confusion.
    09-25-07 10:35 AM
    Glad you have a solution. Sorry, I'm not really the person to talk to regarding pucks.
    09-25-07 11:57 AM
    I too want the new Curve, but frustrated over the fact one has to pick between WiFi and intergrated GPS
    10-08-07 11:02 AM
    I have a question about the pucks. What are the max range of the Bluetooth? Say I leave it in my truck and am somewhere near in a big lot or forget where I'm parked can I use it to find it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-07 09:50 AM
    Alternatively try the Freedom GPS Keyring Puck. I am using one at the moment and its the size of a small matchbox. Its light and sits on your keys.

Handy device.

I have the 8800 and now the Curve, and whilst built in GPS in good, its not beating having a camera.
    10-11-07 03:15 PM
    I'm going to join this one for a quick question. Does anyone know if you generaly get a better and or faster signal rate with a puck? my 8830 GPS is disabled by VW and they are going to be charging $10/month for use of their navigator but not 3rd party maps. I part want to stick it to them and part want something that I can use with anything. Any suggestions? Do you think the Puck is something that is worth it in my case or should I shell out the $10 a month?
    10-12-07 03:03 AM
    I'm going to join this one for a quick question. Does anyone know if you generaly get a better and or faster signal rate with a puck? my 8830 GPS is disabled by VW and they are going to be charging $10/month for use of their navigator but not 3rd party maps. I part want to stick it to them and part want something that I can use with anything. Any suggestions? Do you think the Puck is something that is worth it in my case or should I shell out the $10 a month?
    I have a 8830 and about a month ago decided to forget about waiting for Verizon to do something regarding the GPS issue. After some homework, I bought a Navibe GB735 from buygpsnow.com for about $50 and I love it. Easily fits in my pocket. Bluetooth pairing works well with a variety of map applications (e.g., Google, BB Maps, etc.). In addition, not only does it work well in the U.S. but I just returned from working for a few days in Ireland and had no problems there. Whether in a car or walking around Dublin I tracked my poistion using Google Maps. For me this was a good solution. I can't comment about a comparison of signal rates but the 8830-GB735 combination gives me very good 'real time' tracking.
    10-26-07 05:48 PM
    I am GPS Novice: Have 8320: exactly what do I need to install GPS on my device? What hardware and software? Want audio real time navigation capabilities
    11-16-07 10:11 PM
    I have 8320. I am GPS Novice. Exactly what hardware and software do I need to have real time audio navigation capabilities?
    11-16-07 10:13 PM
    I own 8320. Want to install GPS Navigation. I am novice: Exactly what hardware and software do I need to receive real time audio navigation abilities.
    11-16-07 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD