I've been unable to access the internet or use most of my apps on my Blackberry for the past few days.. I get a pop-up message that states "Insufficient Network Coverage". And none of my emails are coming through. I can make/receive calls and texts, but that's about it. Any advice or insight into what could be going on or how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. I really love my Blackberry and don't want to have to reactivate my iphone or purchase a low-end Android replacement device. Thanks in advance!
    05-13-14 12:13 AM
    I have had a problem like that and it was the carrier not the phone try getting a new sim

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 12:21 AM
    Which carrier is your Blackberry on?
    I have a Blackberry in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 12:30 AM
    I have had a problem like that and it was the carrier not the phone try getting a new sim

Posted via CB10
    I'm on the Sprint network.. they don't use sim cards. Is there anything else I could do to fix it?
    05-13-14 12:30 AM
    Which carrier is your Blackberry on?

Posted via CB10
    Sprint
    05-13-14 12:31 AM
    I see.. American.. it might be a problem with the CDMA. Unfortunately if you go to your carrier they will probably just say you need a different phone..

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 12:33 AM
    I see.. American.. it might be a problem with the CDMA. Unfortunately if you go to your carrier they will probably just say you need a different phone..

Posted via CB10
    I've talked to at least 8 different Sprint associates to try and get it resolved, and delightfully only one of them mentioned it having to do with my phone being a Blackberry but it was even in a joking manner. For the most part they have been very helpful in trying to fix it I just think they (admittedly even) don't get a lot of calls for tech support for Blackberrys as much as they used to, so they're not quite sure what to do
    05-13-14 12:38 AM
    We don't have a CDMA network anymore here in Canada. Well, we do.. it's getting shutdown soon for HSDPA. You could simply have a faulty Blackberry? Did it work flawlessly one day then network troubles started later on?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 12:47 AM
    What phone you have? You carrier may not put you on bis if you use bbos. Where you get your phone?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 01:12 AM
    We don't have a CDMA network anymore here in Canada. Well, we do.. it's getting shutdown soon for HSDPA. You could simply have a faulty Blackberry? Did it work flawlessly one day then network troubles started later on?

Posted via CB10
    Yes it was working beautifully. I had to activate an old phone for about a day, then the same day I reactivated my Blackberry and ever since then it's like it's unable to access my data on the network
    05-13-14 01:22 AM
    What phone you have? You carrier may not put you on bis if you use bbos. Where you get your phone?

Posted via CB10
    I have a legacy, the Blackberry Curve 9350. I bought the phone on Amazon.. it had a clean ESN and activated fine. I'm not sure if initially I was on BIS before all this happened and somehow was taken off.....? But under my Network and Connections settings it says the BIS is not connected.
    05-13-14 01:23 AM
    I don't think the problem is with BlackBerry phones - my hubby has an SG3 it's been going on for awhile I have a Q10 and the insufficient network thing has popped up for me too. Hubby switched to my Z10 and it still happens along with (in his case) missed calls. He is on Bell and I'm on Virgin ( Canada)
    05-29-14 11:34 AM
    Yes it was working beautifully. I had to activate an old phone for about a day, then the same day I reactivated my Blackberry and ever since then it's like it's unable to access my data on the network
    This sounds like the start of the problem. I'm thinking resend service books, that type of thing. The switch back and forth seems to be the culprit, I'm not sure if anyone else knows more about this situation.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 12:47 PM
    This sounds like the start of the problem. I'm thinking resend service books, that type of thing. The switch back and forth seems to be the culprit, I'm not sure if anyone else knows more about this situation.

Posted via CB10
    Can you resend service books on BB10?
    05-29-14 01:01 PM
    OP, it's possible the Sprint person who reactivated the original phone forgot to reactivate or transfer over your BIS plan. Call customer service again and ask it to make sure your BlackBerry Internet Service plan has been transferred over properly and activated on whichever BlackBerry you're trying to use.
    05-29-14 01:03 PM
    Can you resend service books on BB10?
    I have no idea, that's why I wondered if anyone else could chime in. I just meant 'service book type of thing', like flipping a switch that seems to have been turned off when OP switched devices back and forth. Could be on board the device, or from the provider, I'm not sure .

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 04:35 PM
    If you switched from a OS10 device back to a legacy device, they need to activate BIS and send you the service books. Which explains why you have no data.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-30-14 10:58 AM