In 10.2 we will get the option to see notification toasts at the the of the screen with the option to close, open directly in the app, or do an instant reply.

One thing for me that I noticed is that if the message is longer than a few words you can't see it all and are required to go into the application anyways, defeating the purpose of the instant reply...don't get me wrong it's great if you can see the whole message or just want to quickly reply saying your busy and will talk later or something.

I have an idea to fix this issue while keeping it an instant reply. When the message comes through you have the same options as now, but in the famous cascades smoothness, you grab that notification toast and drag it down. Giving you the option to see much longer messages and still reply from the toast with the app still running.

On top of that to take it a step further, if you choose to drag down any message, it would be amazing if it registered the conversation. So for example, I chat with my girlfriend over BBM and she messages me while I'm in the browser, so I get the toast pop up. When I drag down the toast it shows the full message, but if I drag it full screen it will pull up our conversation allowing me to see all of our previous messages together. Then allowing you to swipe it off screen and continue on in the browser!

Let me know what you guys think! #ichooseblackberry10

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 04:52 PM
    That would be cool, it is of my personal opinion toasts are still developing as they don't seem as smooth looking as the rest of the UI. No complaints about it, just hope they continue to develop, especially length they stay on screen with no action... I would like a little longer. Either way really cool idea, thanks for sharing!
    just_luc likes this.
    09-13-13 05:36 PM
    I completely agree. It's beginning to frustrate me.
    Although to be fair if you tap the toast it opens the message, but it has to open the app then the message and it all feels rather clunky.
    I would prefer the drag down method you propose

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 07:19 PM
    I completely agree. It's beginning to frustrate me.
    Although to be fair if you tap the toast it opens the message, but it has to open the app then the message and it all feels rather clunky.
    I would prefer the drag down method you propose

Posted via CB10
    Yeah you can click it to open into the app and message but exactly that's not the flow or anything bb10 is about!

Posted via CB10
    darkehawke likes this.
    09-13-13 07:37 PM
    U can read the whole message in the pop up notification even if it's long by scrolling down on the pop up window

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:26 PM
    Some very good idea's OP!
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    09-13-13 09:31 PM
    U can read the whole message in the pop up notification even if it's long by scrolling down on the pop up window

Posted via CB10
    Maybe but still could be much smoother and flow with the BB10 styling and cascades! Hopefully we can get this as a feature request soon!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:43 PM
    Brilliant idea.
    mphillips828 likes this.
    09-14-13 10:31 AM
    I think that's a great idea OP. I could envision a tab like the one to enable bedside mode on the toast notification. That would be awesome!

Just curious though, as I don't have 10.2 installed. If I click on the toast notification to open the app, after closing the app, do I return to the screen I was on prior to opening the toast notification?

Posted via CB10
    mphillips828 likes this.
    09-14-13 11:26 AM
    I think that's a great idea OP. I could envision a tab like the one to enable bedside mode on the toast notification. That would be awesome!

Just curious though, as I don't have 10.2 installed. If I click on the toast notification to open the app, after closing the app, do I return to the screen I was on prior to opening the toast notification?

Posted via CB10
    No, currently if you click a toast notification you end up in the hub.. then you swipe out to the active frames page like you had gotten there any other way... which is actually ok, but the OP's implementation is better.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 12:19 PM
    Great idea hope BlackBerry will read this idea :yess:

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 12:46 PM
    When will the 10.2 official drop? I'm not comfortable installing leaked OS on my Z10 like I was with BBOS. The data restore is not seamless and due to the huge application memory it takes a long time to backup.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 12:53 PM
    No, currently if you click a toast notification you end up in the hub.. then you swipe out to the active frames page like you had gotten there any other way... which is actually ok, but the OP's implementation is better.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Not sure I would prefer the toast notification to direct me to the hub when clicking on it. I think opening it overtop whatever you're currently doing is better but if BB implement the OP's idea, problems solved! Either way, the ability of the toast notifications in any form is pretty sweet!
    mphillips828 likes this.
    09-14-13 01:00 PM
    When will the 10.2 official drop? I'm not comfortable installing leaked OS on my Z10 like I was with BBOS. The data restore is not seamless and due to the huge application memory it takes a long time to backup.

Posted via CB10
    Wrong thread...

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 01:05 PM
    Thanks. Not sure I would prefer the toast notification to direct me to the hub when clicking on it. I think opening it overtop whatever you're currently doing is better but if BB implement the OP's idea, problems solved! Either way, the ability of the toast notifications in any form is pretty sweet!
    Thanks! I just hope there is a way to get BlackBerry employees to see this and hopefully try to implement the idea. Not sure if a mod or someone could bring this to BlackBerry attention.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 01:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes! A tab like the bedside mode on the lock screen would be perfect and keep the same UI appearance and feel! Lets get this happening!

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 01:57 PM
    BlackBerry does peruse the forums, but your best bet of you want to submit your ideas it to log into blackberry beta zone and start a discussion.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 02:23 PM
    Awesome idea!!!!

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    09-14-13 03:57 PM
    You should send this idea to the blackberry suggestions mailbox, I think it is something like ideasuggestions@blackberry.com.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    09-15-13 12:58 AM