Hi all,

We just released a new version of our GPS Tracking app specifically for BlackBerry Storm. Can you please test it and let us know if you find any issues?

The service is free.

http://www.instamapper.com/download/GPSTrackerStorm.jad

Setup instructions:

InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking

IMPORTANT: Set "Disable A-GPS" in settings. Otherwise GPS won't work on Verizon.

Thanks.
    Last edited by imrtt; 03-05-09 at 03:40 PM.
    03-05-09 01:43 PM
    Nice! I've used 1.6 for a while now, good stuff.
    03-05-09 02:24 PM
    This is version 1.8. Can you please upgrade and let us know if 1.8 works for you?
    03-05-09 02:27 PM
    IMPORTANT: Set "Disable-AGPS" in settings. Otherwise GPS won't work on Verizon.
    LOL... Google struggled with that sentence for MONTHS.
    03-05-09 02:39 PM
    This is version 1.8. Can you please upgrade and let us know if 1.8 works for you?
    1.8 installed over 1.6 without an issue, all settings were retained. GPS lock was quick and for the brief moment I left it open, everything seemed to work fine. I'll fire it up on my commute home for a longer test.
    03-05-09 02:48 PM
    Is the interface still just a list of text? Anything specific to the Storm that differs from the previous builds?
    03-05-09 03:23 PM
    LOL... Google struggled with that sentence for MONTHS.
    i lol-ed.

InstaMapper is cool, i've been using it for a while now too.
    03-05-09 03:25 PM
    The list of new features is here:

Forums / Version 1.8.0 released. Please upgrade.

This version has a high resolution icon for Storm and support for virtual keyboard.

Shoveler -- thanks for the feedback.
    03-05-09 03:40 PM
    I have installed Instamapper. First time using this type of application, but so far so good. I got a very quick, quite accurate lock (44 ft indoors, 28ft outside). I will be testing it out later, as I have a bit of driving to do around the city tonight to see how well it follows. I also plan on testing how well it works when outside the EVDO network. I like the web interface, and I am talking to a couple of friends to have it installed on their berries to see how well this program handles multiple tracking. I will be sure to visit back again to report my findings.
    03-05-09 03:46 PM
    I've been using 1.6 since I got my storm and it is a fantastic app.

Highly recommended
    03-05-09 04:09 PM
    Just wanted to give this thread a well-deserved bump... Instamapper works really great for me! BTW, the current version is now 1.8.2
    03-25-09 02:31 PM
    works for me too, from indoors it got me within 6 m
    03-26-09 04:50 AM
    Hi all,

We just released a new version of our GPS Tracking app specifically for BlackBerry Storm. Can you please test it and let us know if you find any issues?

The service is free.

http://www.instamapper.com/download/GPSTrackerStorm.jad

Setup instructions:

InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking

IMPORTANT: Set "Disable A-GPS" in settings. Otherwise GPS won't work on Verizon.

Thanks.
    so..what's the difference between this program and GOOGLE LATITUDE??
    SAME FEAUTURES!...so why I have to intastall another same application?
    03-26-09 05:18 AM
    sounds great i fin to try it...
    03-26-09 05:21 AM
    so..what's the difference between this program and GOOGLE LATITUDE??
    SAME FEAUTURES!...so why I have to intastall another same application?
    For starters InstaMapper will keep a log of your track. You're able to download the data and use it for whatever you want. Import it into your standalone GPS, import it into GoogleEarth, or really any mapping software that supports the GPX format. Right from the InstaMapper web interface, you can determine your top speed, average speed and distance for a particular track. So basically you can use the data for other things rather than letting Google scarf it all for their own purposes. ;-)

Also, you can use the API to display your track on your own website, so you can just send a link to someone and they can track your location without having to install anything from Google.

Two different apps for two different purposes with a slight overlap between the two.
    03-26-09 08:36 AM
    I haven't checked, but I bet that Instamapper uses fewer resources than GMM. You can leave it running in the background for long periods of time without draining your Storm.
    03-26-09 09:27 AM
    Downloaded, installed the new version for storm.
    checked the A-GPS button. left it for 2 hrs.. no gps lock.
    blackberry maps gets me a lock fine.
    Didn't the App page say it may not work on verizon b/c they disabled 3rd party gps? seems everyone one this forum has it working on their storm- verizon. whats the trick? using the latest official firmware. tried rebooting a few times.. still nothing.
    04-02-09 05:04 PM
    Mine works within 10 secs.

GPS is NOT locked on Verizon.

Did you do a battery pull after installing?

Only things to check are (1) GPS on the phone is turned on (2) Permissions for the app are set to ALLOW all (3) Disable A-GPS is checked on the app and (4) connection is set to auto in the app.
    04-02-09 05:15 PM
    Awesome program. Keep up the great work!
    04-02-09 06:11 PM
    I'm not seeing where you are able to adjust the send settings to save on battery...
    04-10-09 03:33 PM
    Use mine all the time. I R A twuker, and the wife and kids like to pop on and see where I am during the week.

It works fantastic all over US and Canada.
    04-10-09 03:37 PM
    Still looking to adjust the send settings to save on battery.. Any help?
    04-11-09 09:11 AM
    I have mine set to 360 sec..I dont need to know where Iam all the time.I got it mainly for if it gets stolen
    04-11-09 03:43 PM
    I have mine set to 360 sec..I dont need to know where Iam all the time.I got it mainly for if it gets stolen

Can you tell me where these settings are? Or is this a big secret? lol
    04-11-09 03:45 PM
    Can you tell me where these settings are? Or is this a big secret? lol
    It's in the settings.

Have you found your BlackBerry button yet?
    04-11-09 04:38 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD