So I have installed tons of leaked OS's on my Dev Alpha B and C devices, but not yet on my Verizon branded Z10 (my daily driver). So I wanted to know what exactly happens once you do it all. So you back up your data with BBLink, etc. and then I know how to update of course, but upon re-running Link to retrieve my data back, will it have all the icons in the exact same order I had, all accounts already set up, GAME SAVES still there, etc. etc. etc.?

I was not able to back up my dev alpha devices when I installed the leaked OS's in the past, so I am new to this when having the chance to back it up and use BB Link, so anyone who has done this, it would me a lot to me if you could explain to me what happens.

I am just trying to wait, but Verizon is driving me absolutely INSANE, and having used 10.1 on my DAC for so long, it drives me nuts knowing I can have it on my daily driver, but haven't gone through with it yet. Not to mention the countless calendar and contacts bugs that I am getting. It's all just driving me nuts.

Also, once Verizon does finally release OS 10.1, will my phone update just fine over the air if they release a newer version than the leaked one installed?

Thanks!
    05-01-13 04:02 PM
    The icons will be in the same order, all the apps will be there except for side loaded apps. Your emails and stuff will be there, but you'll have to reenter all your passwords.

It will be a bit laggy at first while everything syncs, but a few hours later it's back to normal.

Posted via CB10
    abass likes this.
    05-01-13 08:14 PM
    The icons will be in the same order, all the apps will be there except for side loaded apps. Your emails and stuff will be there, but you'll have to reenter all your passwords.

It will be a bit laggy at first while everything syncs, but a few hours later it's back to normal.

Posted via CB10
    I guess I'm most worried about game saves. Are those backed up, or not sure? Like only ones connected to score loop maybe? Or is it all back like it was before?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Flip4Bytes; 05-02-13 at 10:22 AM.
    05-01-13 09:36 PM
    I guess I'm most worried about game saves. Are those backed up, or not sure? Like only ones connected to score loop maybe? Or are is it all back like it was before?

Posted via CB10
    I just opened up the only game that I was playing before I upgraded and the data was saved. It wasn't connected to score loop.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 11:39 PM
    I just opened up the only game that I was playing before I upgraded and the data was saved. It wasn't connected to score loop.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, this all makes me want to upgrade. Doesn't seem like there is a loss at all. I only worry about future updates now then like OTA.

Thanks for everything!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 10:25 AM
    Hmm, this all makes me want to upgrade. Doesn't seem like there is a loss at all. I only worry about future updates now then like OTA.

Thanks for everything!

Posted via CB10
    You'll be able to install future updates OTA.

Posted via CB10
    abass likes this.
    05-02-13 10:33 AM
    You'll be able to install future updates OTA.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks!
    05-02-13 04:29 PM