I am new to the BB world. Had a BB Pearl 8130 for about 3 weeks. I did have to return the first unit to VZW yesterday as the finger ball froze. They did replace it.

I do like the BB experience so far. Is there a way to install or transfer 3rd party apps on the memory SD card?

Thanks,

Mike
    12-15-07 09:04 PM
    No. This is not possible. The SD card is only available for media (music, ringtones, pictures, movies).

This isn't a huge deal, as most/all BB applications are built to be small, cuz the developers know that the BBs only have 64kb of memory total.
    12-15-07 09:07 PM
    No. This is not possible. The SD card is only available for media (music, ringtones, pictures, movies).

This isn't a huge deal, as most/all BB applications are built to be small, cuz the developers know that the BBs only have 64kb of memory total.
    Yikes! Only 64kilobits!?!?!?

12-16-07 05:11 PM
    Thanks.

64MB isn't really that much in the long run. Looks like about 48MB or so are used by the BB software and other software that comes installed unless I am doing something wrong when looking at the STATUS option. I do agree though that most of the apps I have seen are very efficient of memory space.
    12-16-07 10:25 PM
    I actually have a BEIKS Dictionary that is installed on my media card. I think the app has to be made to install on the media card by the 3rd party company.
    08-17-08 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD